Rockwell Collins today celebrated the delivery of the 30,000 th ARC-210 radio to the U.S. military during a ceremony held at the company’s corporate headquarters in Cedar Rapids.
U.S. Navy Capt. Ralph Portnoy, program manager for the Air Combat Electronics Program Office (PMA-209) took part in the ceremony along with Rockwell Collins executives and employees.
“This program is now a model for government-industry teaming and is a testament to our good relationship with the U.S. Navy,” said Kelly Ortberg, executive vice president and chief operating officer of Government Systems for Rockwell Collins. “This milestone is also significant because it represents $2 billion in ARC-210 sales for our company since the program started in 1990.”
The ARC-210 is now fielded on more than 180 platforms worldwide and is operating in more than 40 countries. Domestically, ARC-210s are installed in a wide range of aircraft and helicopters across all the U.S. military services and the U.S. Coast Guard.
The ARC-210 provides two-way, multi-mode voice and data communications over a 30 to 512 MHz frequency range. It also includes embedded Ultra High Frequency (UHF) and Very High Frequency (VHF) anti-jam waveforms and other data link and secure communications features, providing the user with total battlefield interoperability and high-performance capabilities in the transfer of data, voice and imagery.
About Rockwell Collins
Rockwell Collins (NYSE: COL) is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication and aviation electronic solutions for both commercial and government applications. Our expertise in flight deck avionics, cabin electronics, mission communications, information management and simulation and training is delivered by nearly 20,000 employees, and a global service and support network that crosses 27 countries.
- Avinics Appoints New CEO Western Europe
- DART Launches Redesigned iPad App to Better Support its Customers
- Next-Generation Transponder receives DoD Certification
- Russian Helicopters congratulates winners of 21st Century Helicopters competition
- Safety Experts Join PRISM Helicopter and Business Aviation Team
- Air Comm acquires Meggitt (Addison)
- New head for Air BP
- Bristow – EC225 situation will last another year or more
- Iraqi Army receives last of 24 Bell 407s
- Argentine Air Force to add two Bell 412s
- EBACE – AgustaWestland pushes VIP-role AW169
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance goes operational
- EBACE – Bell showcases 429
- AHS – Prevailing In “Demanding Environments”
- HAI Participates at HeliRussia 2013
- Bristow publish results for Q4 and Year ended 31st March 2013
- Floating helipad returns to Destin
- 23-May-13 PNB-8302 Eurocopter Bo105 Caracas, Venezuela (5F)
- 23-May-13 G-XXEB Sikorsky S76C++ Denham, UK
- R66 lands at North Pole