Elbit Systems of America, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT), was awarded a 5-year, Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract by the U.S. Army PM Air Warrior, Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, Alabama.
Elbit Systems of America, Airborne Solutions, will supply Improved Signal Data Converter (ISDC) processors to the U.S. Army fleet of CH-47F Chinook and UH-60M Blackhawk helicopters. The ISDC processor is part of the Aviators Night Vision Imaging System Heads Up Display (ANVIS/HUD®) solution. Within the U.S. Department of Defense rotary wing fleets, over 14 different helicopter models covering 3,000 US platforms have the ESA ANVIS/HUD® systems integrated.
The ISDC processor takes an electronic signal from the helicopter instruments and converts it into flight and engine trend information for display either on the legacy ANVIS/HUD® night optics or on the new lightweight flat panel Night or Day HUD optics. The displayed information provides for reduced in-flight workloads and enhanced situational awareness by projecting information directly in front of the pilots’ eyes during flight. The ISDC meets or exceeds all U.S. Army qualification/production requirements within a significantly smaller processor footprint while providing unique degraded visual environment growth.
Elbit Systems of America, President and Chief Executive Officer, Raanan Horowitz commented, “This award is strong evidence of our market leadership for helmet mounted display systems across all military airborne platforms, and especially the trust and confidence placed by the U.S. Army in the exceptional performance and quality of our systems.”
About Elbit Systems of America, LLC
Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products and system solutions focusing on the commercial aviation, defense, homeland security and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ:ESLT), a global electronics company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications.
About Elbit Systems:
Elbit Systems Ltd. is an international defense electronics company engaged in a wide range of programs throughout the world. The Company, which includes Elbit Systems and its subsidiaries, operates in the areas of aerospace, land and naval systems, command, control, communications, computers, intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance ("C4ISR"), unmanned aircraft systems ("UAS"), advanced electro-optics, electro-optic space systems, EW suites, airborne warning systems, ELINT systems, data links and military communications systems and radios. The Company also focuses on the upgrading of existing military platforms, developing new technologies for defense, homeland security and commercial aviation applications and providing a range of support services. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems.com.
- Bristow – EC225 situation will last another year or more
- Iraqi Army receives last of 24 Bell 407s
- Argentine Air Force to add two Bell 412s
- EBACE – AgustaWestland pushes VIP-role AW169
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance goes operational
- EBACE – Bell showcases 429
- AHS – Prevailing In “Demanding Environments”
- HAI Participates at HeliRussia 2013
- Bristow publish results for Q4 and Year ended 31st March 2013
- Floating helipad returns to Destin
- 23-May-13 G-XXEB Sikorsky S76C++ Denham, UK
- R66 lands at North Pole
- Nine new customers in China for Enstrom
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- CAE upgrades visuals on Royal Navy Lynx Mk8 full-mission simulator
- Keystone Med-Flight Announces New VP of Operations
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Enstrom breaks ground on production plant expansion
- Bell promotes innovation at AHS Forum 69