Kaman Helicopters has delivered the 1,000th helicopter rotor blade protected with Kamanâ€™s erosion-resistant coating system. U.S. Army BLACK HAWK helicopters are utilizing main rotor blades with Kamanâ€™s innovative coating system and have reported significantly improved blade life, increased aircraft availability and reduced maintenance requirements.
The latest erosion-resistant blade delivery defines another successful chapter in Kamanâ€™s ongoing support of U.S. war fighters around the world. The program has been in production for more than two years with a flawless quality assurance record.
As the only U.S. company certified to apply Hontek sprayable protective coatings to rotor blades, Kaman has improved the operational effectiveness of U.S. Army BLACK HAWK helicopters flying in the harsh desert environments of Iraq and Afghanistan where sand can cause damage to the leading edges of helicopter blades during rotation. Coated rotor blades operate effectively in rain, sand, gravel and icing conditions, and worn coatings can easily be repaired in the field. After reviewing the systemâ€™s proven performance with the U.S. Army, the Naval Air Systems Command is qualifying the coating process for use on U.S. Navy and Marine Corps helicopters.
Kaman has invested heavily in infrastructure and equipment at its HeliworXïƒ” subcontracting facility to support the rotor blade protection program and to develop its world class design, development, manufacture and repair of composite rotor blades.
Kaman Helicopters is a division of Kaman Aerospace Corporation, a subsidiary of Kaman Corporation (NASDAQ-GS: KAMN). Founded in 1945 by aviation pioneer Charles H. Kaman, and headquartered in Bloomfield, Connecticut conducts business in the aerospace and industrial distribution markets. The company produces and/or markets widely used proprietary aircraft bearings and components; complex metallic and composite aerostructures for commercial, military and general aviation fixed and rotary wing aircraft; safing and arming solutions for missile and bomb systems for the U.S. and allied militaries; subcontract helicopter work; and support for the companyâ€™s SH-2G Super Seasprite maritime helicopters and K-MAX medium-toheavy lift helicopters. The company is also the third largest industrial distributor of bearings, power transmission, fluid power, motion control and automation products in North America and operates more than 200 branches, distribution centers and customer service centers across the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
Kaman delivers 1,000th Black Hawk erosion protection coated main blade
- Northrop Grumman contract CPI Aero for MH-60S Airborne Laser Mine Detection System
- Northrop Grumman to Showcase Tomorrow’s Solutions for Today’s Army Aviation Force at Quad-A Summit
- Sikorsky awarded $93M contract for eight UH-60M for Tunisia
- Mexico requests three UH-60M in total package worth $110M
- Pall delivers 200th PUREair Dry Barrier Filter Element for US Army Black Hawks
- Sikorsky awarded $241M option for 22 UH-60M
- 09-Mar-15 Sikorsky UH-60 Pensacola, US-Florida (11F)
- Lockheed/Sikorsky JV awarded $2 Billion contract for H-60 weapon systems
- UH-60 helps US and Polish forces hone interoperability skills
- Slovakia requests nine UH-60M Black Hawks
- Raytheon awarded $10M turret order for Australian MH-60R fleet
- Northrop Grumman to Feature Global Defence Capabilities at IDEX 2015
- 16-Feb-15 Sikorsky UH-60 Hafar al-Batin, Saudi Arabia (4F)
- Northrop Grumman Receives Contract for MH-60S Laser Mine Detection Systems
- Raytheon awarded $45M job orders for MH-60 multi-spectral targeting system
- Northrop Grumman awarded $35M for Northrop Grumman airborne laser mine detection work
- BSC Partners awarded $13.6M modification to MH-60 training device contract
- 21-Dec-14 Sikorsky MH-60S Camp Buehring, Kuwait
- Sikorsky awarded $56M for five UH-60M for Mexican Navy
- HH-60W – USAF designation for new combat rescue Black Hawk