Mesa, Arizona, July 28, 2010â€¦Â On June 29, MD Helicopters delivered a brand new MD 500E to the Hawaii County Fire Department.
The Department covers 4000 square miles and operates approximately 300 missions a year, with half fire and half rescue.Â The unit flies 1000 hours a year.
The new MD 500E will replace an MD 500D,Â purchased in 1982, which now has over 16,000 hours of flight time.
Department Chief Damon Olivier was on hand to accept the aircraft and said, â€œThe Hawaiâ€™i Fire Department, and more importantly the people of our island community, have benefited greatly from the performance of our current MD 500 aircraft which is nearing 28 years of service.Â The mission of our helicopter has included search and rescue, wild land fire suppression, and disaster response.Â Many people are alive and well enjoying their families today because of our services and the role of our helicopter in carrying out many challenging missions.Â It will be very difficult for us to retire the current aircraft as it has been a proven component of our resource.Â However the time has come to make the transition to a new airframe and we are once again very proud to have acquired a new MD 500.Â It has been a proven platform for our operations and will continue to be an integral part of our mission.
â€œAs a customer, I am truly amazed at the level of personal commitment, pride, and customer service and satisfaction that the family of MD has and displays.Â Having been fortunate to participate in the pre-delivery inspection of the aircraft, I was able to meet staff in every step of the assembly and finish production line as well as key sales, service, and support personnel.Â Each and every one of the people I met was extremely proud of his or her role in the project and went above and beyond to address my questions and requests.Â Everyone readily realized that their hard work and role in this project would potentially result making the difference for someone needing critical and more than likely lifesaving, and property saving measures and this new aircraft will help to do just that.Â The family at MD is helping us to make a difference in our community.â€
About MD Helicopters, Inc.
MD Helicopters, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of commercial and military helicopters.Â The MDHI family of rotorcraft is world renowned for its value, versatility and performance.Â The MD Helicopters family includes the twin-engine MD ExplorerÂ®, and single engine versions of the MD 600NÂ®, MD 520NÂ®, MD 500EÂ® and MD 530FÂ®. The NOTARÂ® system for anti-torque control is used exclusively by MD Helicopters. The Company is based in Mesa, Arizona.Â For more information about MDHI visit http://www.mdhelicopters.com .
About Patriarch Partners LLC
The Patriarch platform is a vertically integrated private equity firm with robust in-house operational turnaround expertise. Patriarch Partners, founded in 2000, was built upon a proprietary patented financial model designed to manage and monetize the distressed portfolios of financial institutions. Patriarch has since evolved into a global investment firm that concentrates on direct investments in distressed businesses with a focus to rebuild them, managing funds with over $7 billion of equity and secured loan assets with equity investments in more than 70 companies, and controlling interests in approximately two-thirds of these.Â For more information, please visit http://www.patriarchpartners.com.
- MD540A to be displayed at Commemorative Air Force Museum event
- South African pair to apply for bail in Zimbabwe over buried MD500
- 04-May-14 MD Helicopters MD500 West Nicholson, Zimbabwe
- Phoenix Heliparts and RSG sign STC Agreement for MD500 Vapor Cycle Air Conditioning Units
- Invitation to HTC Technical Briefing at Heli-Expo
- US Dept Homeland Security selling four MD500Es
- Skye Avionics receives FAA STC for MD500 LED Light
- 05-Aug-13 N8688F MD Helicopters MD500D Lamesa, US-Texas (2F)
- Donaldson congratulates PJ Helicopters on 40+ years
- Skye Avionics Announces STC on MD500 Start Pump Light Replacement Part
- 13-Jun-13 D-HIBS Hughes 500D Bernkastel-Wehlen, Germany
- Aerometals Obtains PMA Approval on Gears for MD500 Transmission
- 28-May-13 Hughes 500 Pünderich, Germany
- Aero Dynamix delivers NVG upgrades to Latin American Military
- Uniflight awarded multi-ship MD500 NVG cockpit conversion project
- 21-Dec-11 N500TN MD Helicopters 500D Fall Branch, US-Tennessee
- Wysong Enterprises refurbishes third MD500 for Air2
- 02-Nov-11 MD Helicopters 500MD Wonju, Korea (1F)
- 27-Oct-11 N61PJ MD Helicopters MD500D Colusa, US-California
- 27-Sep-11 N606WA Hughes 500D Chouteau, US-Oklahoma