HeliHub.com is having great success with its â€œGalleryâ€ feature, recording over 4,000 images and increasing at a rate of approximately 350 per month
The Flickr gallery provides users of HeliHub.com the opportunity to upload their own photos, and the early success is demonstrating just how valuable this will become over time. HeliHub.com plans to utilise this gallery to provide imagery on the website itself to help the photographers promote their work free of charge. We look forward to many other photographers joining.
The HeliHub.com Gallery can be found here. Users wishing to upload photos should join Flickr.com (for free!) and then join the group before being able to add photos to the group.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
- Airbus expects H160 simulator prior to customer deliveries
- Garmin launches pair of ADS-B transponders
- Bristow invests in specialist oil and gas UAV company
- NBAA Supports Aviation Tax Exemption in Maryland
- Bristow dividend cut from 34 cents to just 7 cents
- Kent Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance AW169 expected today
- Disney aims to patent UAV based movie projection system
- Amateur-build helicopter builder in India seeks permission to fly
- Meghalaya Government extends Pawan Hans contract by six months
- Carilion Life-Guard launches ‘Land The Drone’ safety campaign
- EASA approves rig automated approach system for Airbus H225
- Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics appoints new Senior Account Manager
- Police Aviation News – January 2016 Edition
- Bristow offshore turnover down 21.2% in December quarter
- Schiebel Camcopter demonstrates Detect and Avoid system
- FAA welcomes Global Carbon Emissions Standards Agreement
- Extex adds PMA Parts to UH-1 website
- Integrated Microwave Technologies (IMT) Acquired by xG Technology
- First class of Canadian Chinook aircrews graduates
- Helicentre Aviation achieves 5,000 hours landmark with Guimbal Cabri fleet