HeliHub.com is having great success with its â€œGalleryâ€ feature, recording over 4,000 images and increasing at a rate of approximately 350 per month
The Flickr gallery provides users of HeliHub.com the opportunity to upload their own photos, and the early success is demonstrating just how valuable this will become over time. HeliHub.com plans to utilise this gallery to provide imagery on the website itself to help the photographers promote their work free of charge. We look forward to many other photographers joining.
The HeliHub.com Gallery can be found here. Users wishing to upload photos should join Flickr.com (for free!) and then join the group before being able to add photos to the group.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
- EASA creates task force to assess the risk of aircraft colliding with drones
- FAA makes Two Major Drone Announcements
- Register Update – USA – week to 1 May 2016
- AgustaWestland to see THREE name changes in 12 months
- CHC files bankruptcy Chapter 11 for restructuring
- India becomes 11th International Customer for Apache Longbow Radar
- San Bernardino Sheriff faces lawsuit for helicopter sniper shooting
- Third AW609 prototype starts ground runs
- Triumph receives Supplier of the Year Award from Sikorsky
- Colombia Helicopters and AAR awarded total of $65M more for Afghan transport work
- Full analysis of the impact on CHC of the Norwegian EC225 accident
- AS332 Super Puma is NOT implicated by Bergen EC225 accident
- Shell puts pause on using CHC Norway
- Latest statement (May 3) from Airbus Helicopters on EC225 situation
- Heli-One to upgrade two VVIP Sikorsky S76B helicopters
- Mecaer Aviation Group Signs Brazilian Agent
- New President named at CMC Electronics
- NARA raises $35,000 scholarship fund
- Dart expands Approved Maintenance Center into Australia and NZ
- Maverick Helicopters wins Best Air Tour award for 7th year running