HeliHub.com is having great success with its “Gallery” feature, recording over 4,000 images and increasing at a rate of approximately 350 per month
The Flickr gallery provides users of HeliHub.com the opportunity to upload their own photos, and the early success is demonstrating just how valuable this will become over time. HeliHub.com plans to utilise this gallery to provide imagery on the website itself to help the photographers promote their work free of charge. We look forward to many other photographers joining.
The HeliHub.com Gallery can be found here. Users wishing to upload photos should join Flickr.com (for free!) and then join the group before being able to add photos to the group.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industry’s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
- Retired Bell employees lose $500 Christmas bonus
- UTair Selects Swiss AviationSoftware for MRO solutions
- US Dept Homeland Security selling four MD500Es
- FAA Obstructive Sleep Apnea Issues
- R22 production continues slowly – but who is buying?
- Eurocopter launches law enforcement EC145T2 helicopter with an order for six
- Royal Thai Army add R44 – with training from Heliluck and Mornington Sanford Aviation
- UK AAIB Bulletin – December 2013
- Hawker Pacific Secures Australia’s First Bell 407GX Sale
- 12-Dec-13 Sikorsky S76 Bintulu, Malaysia
- Bristow wins five-year BP contract for two S92s
- Bell to build the SLS in Louisiana
- AirMed adds new base with EC145 in Tooele, Utah
- Royal Australian Navy accepts first two MH-60Rs
- Metro Aviation to partner with Avstar Media for CBT
- Apache M-TADS/PNVS Team Receives Second Secretary of Defense PBL Award
- 11-Dec-13 Robinson R22 Mt Percy, New Zealand (1F)
- New CEO at French military contractor DCI
- Rega and BOHAG open new base at Zweissimmen
- Scotts Bell 47 ensures long term supply of Lycoming VO-435 pistons