HeliHub.com is having great success with its â€œGalleryâ€ feature, recording over 4,000 images and increasing at a rate of approximately 350 per month
The Flickr gallery provides users of HeliHub.com the opportunity to upload their own photos, and the early success is demonstrating just how valuable this will become over time. HeliHub.com plans to utilise this gallery to provide imagery on the website itself to help the photographers promote their work free of charge. We look forward to many other photographers joining.
The HeliHub.com Gallery can be found here. Users wishing to upload photos should join Flickr.com (for free!) and then join the group before being able to add photos to the group.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
- Webb County Fire Department considering helicopter pad
- New Helipad At West Hills Hospital To Expand Access For Critical Burn Patients
- Heli UK Expo The UK’s dedicated Helicopter Event
- Helicopter memorial unveiled in Newfoundland
- Alcor keen to invest Rs 15,000 cr on helicopter unit
- CHI Aviation awarded Gulf of Mexico S92 contract
- Aurora Awarded Funding to Continue Development of DARPA VTOL X-Plane Program
- Ultimate Heli to install PA100 PUREair Engine Protection System in AS350
- Shimco to Exhibit at MRO Europe 2014 in the Ontario Pavilion
- Scottsdale museum gets Vietnam War helicopter
- Military surgeon, researcher and healthcare leader appointed Chief Medical Officer for Ornge
- Hillsboro Aviation designated a 2015 Military Friendly School
- Boeing Delivers First New-Build MH-47G Special Operations Chinook
- LCI Successfully Closes $325M Secured Asset-Backed Facility
- UK – Bond prepares for threatened closure of Blackpool base
- MD Helicopters to supply 12 more MD530F to Afghanistan
- Bell-Boeing awarded $24M delivery order for trainer upgrades
- Thales awarded $7.7M delivery order for H-60 sonar work
- Rockwell Collins wins $151M contract for helicopter display units
- Alliant Techsystems awarded $36M for Apache guns and parts