Heliwest, Western Australiaâ€™s largest on-shore helicopter company, has been selected to join the State Department of Health to help control mosquitoes in the South West.
A Heliwest Jetranger aircraft will be fitted with specialised equipment, capable of housing liquid and granule mosquito control products, for spraying programs in the Peel and South West region.
Heliwest has signed a three-year contract with the Department of Health, with two, one-year options.
The aerial larviciding program targets mosquito larvae before they develop further. The chemicals used are mosquito-specific.
Heliwest CEO David Grimes said he was delighted his company had been selected to participate in such an important public health measure.
â€œTime is of the essence to prevent the larvae emerging as adult mosquitoes. Aerial larviciding by helicopter is a fast and efficient method of dealing with the mosquito problem. The helicopter is able to cover a large area in a relatively short time,â€ he said.
- Precision Flight Controls and Ryan Aerospace develops B206 simulator
- Precision Flight Controls releases simulator for B206 and B407GXP
- 07-Nov-17 N93PH Bell 206B Rolling Fork, US-Mississippi
- 08-Nov-17 N275AE Bell 206L3 Union City, US-Tennessee
- FAA approves B206 and B407 sim from Ryan-Precision JV
- 10-Aug-17 7T-WU? Bell 206L Douira, Algeria (4F)
- 10-Jun-17 B-31118 Bell 206B Fengbin, Taiwan (3F)
- 10-Jun-17 VH-ONE Bell 206B Avalon, Australia
- 13-May-17 D-HHFW Bell 206B Hirtshals, Denmark
- 07-May-17 Bell 206 Waterloo, US-Illinois
- 02-May-17 N911GE Bell 206B Fort McCoy, US-Florida
- The Helicopter Museum to dispose of A109 and B206 airframes in Jumble Sale
- KF Aerospace awarded contract to deliver and operate Bell 206 for CFTS
- Bell 206 production finally stops later in 2017
- Able Delivers 100th Flight Deck Upgrade for Air Evac Lifeteam
- Air Evac Adds Seven Frasca Bell 206/407 Advanced Aviation Training Devices
- Bluedrop to deliver Bell 206 Level 7 FTD to Canadian military
- Bell and Aerospace to work together in Canada on product availability
- State Pilot Steals Helicopter Blades
- RAMM Frameless Seat Cushions approved by Transport Canada