Yesterday, the Tourism and Transport Forum released a document called "HarbourView", and representing their vision for revitalising Sydney as Australia’s international gateway and premier tourism destination.
Their vision includes the following statement "Since the late 80s, Sydney has been one of the few global cities without a helicopter service. A Harbour Chopper service will provide a bird’s-eye view of the harbour and a unique way to experience its major attractions. A tourist helicopter service will also address increasing demand from highyield visitors for direct passenger access to the heart of the city and beyond to the Blue Mountains, the Hunter and north and south coasts.
Harbourside Helicopters P/L has a fleet of the latest, low-noise helicopters to provide the service. Federal, state and local government need to work with the industry to identify the site for the Sydney Heliport."
Hence they recommend the identification and development of an agreed location for a heliport both accessible from the central business district, as well as connections to Sydney Airport.
- Register Update – USA – week to 9 March 2014
- Bristow to present at Howard Weil 42nd Annual Energy Conference
- Vector Signs Exclusive 5-year MRO Support Contract with Sunshine Helicopters
- Vector Financial Services appoints Sales Director
- A Royal Visit to London Air Ambulance
- Robinson R44 rescues 11 from South African river
- Virtual Lynx MK.9A joins British Army fleet
- Dallas Avionics named exclusive US Distributor for Technisonic TDFM 9100 Transceiver
- Base for Australian MH-60R fleet progresses at full speed
- INAER Spain joins with University of Alicante for R&D
- UK – New ED plans at Hull Royal Infirmary include helipad
- MEAHA endorses Dubai Helishow
- Embry-RIddle opens registration for online Human Factors course
- Profile – Midwest Helicopter Airways
- Gundersen Health System adds helipad
- Universal Avionics appoints Program Development Manager, Military and Government
- As wildfire season nears, proposal to fund Colorado fleet stalled
- Integration of Flightcell tracking into Spidertracks website
- California man gets 14 years for pointing laser at police helicopter
- Analysis Report – US DoD and Civil Helicopter Markets