Yesterday, the Tourism and Transport Forum released a document called “HarbourView”, and representing their vision for revitalising Sydney as Australiaâ€™s international gateway and premier tourism destination.
Their vision includes the following statement “Since the late 80s, Sydney has been one of the few global cities without a helicopter service. A Harbour Chopper service will provide a birdâ€™s-eye view of the harbour and a unique way to experience its major attractions. A tourist helicopter service will also address increasing demand from highyield visitors for direct passenger access to the heart of the city and beyond to the Blue Mountains, the Hunter and north and south coasts.
Harbourside Helicopters P/L has a fleet of the latest, low-noise helicopters to provide the service. Federal, state and local government need to work with the industry to identify the site for the Sydney Heliport.”
Hence they recommend the identification and development of an agreed location for a heliport both accessible from the central business district, as well as connections to Sydney Airport.
- UK – Bond prepares for threatened closure of Blackpool base
- MD Helicopters to supply 12 more MD530F to Afghanistan
- Bell-Boeing awarded $24M delivery order for trainer upgrades
- Thales awarded $7.7M delivery order for H-60 sonar work
- Rockwell Collins wins $151M contract for helicopter display units
- Alliant Techsystems awarded $36M for Apache guns and parts
- Lockheed Martin awarded $6.8M delivery order for MH-60R Digital Rocket Launcher updates
- Rockwell Collins awarded $8.6M delivery order for MH-53E software upgrade project
- Woodward awarded $47M contract for T700 common fuel control work
- Merlins handover ceremony at RAF Benson
- Los Angeles Won’t Require Skyscraper Helipads
- Tanis Aircraft Products launches new website
- Future of Helicopter Safety Outlined at Oil & Gas UK Breakfast Briefing
- St. Anthony Hospital and Flight for Life Colorado Introduce New State-of-the-Art Emergency Medical Helicopter
- Elbit demonstrates SkyVis on Rega AW109SP
- Skirts and dresses banned from offshore helicopter flights
- Helijet Appoints Rick Hill as Vice President – Commercial & Business Programs
- Helijet Appoints Director of Flight Operations & Safety
- Whirly-Girls celebrate with 2014 scholarships for women helicopter pilots and 60th anniversary logo contest
- Sikorsky Aircraft Selects LORD Corporation’s UltraConductive™ Technology for the S-97 RAIDER™ Helicopter Program