Yesterday, the Tourism and Transport Forum released a document called "HarbourView", and representing their vision for revitalising Sydney as Australia’s international gateway and premier tourism destination.
Their vision includes the following statement "Since the late 80s, Sydney has been one of the few global cities without a helicopter service. A Harbour Chopper service will provide a bird’s-eye view of the harbour and a unique way to experience its major attractions. A tourist helicopter service will also address increasing demand from highyield visitors for direct passenger access to the heart of the city and beyond to the Blue Mountains, the Hunter and north and south coasts.
Harbourside Helicopters P/L has a fleet of the latest, low-noise helicopters to provide the service. Federal, state and local government need to work with the industry to identify the site for the Sydney Heliport."
Hence they recommend the identification and development of an agreed location for a heliport both accessible from the central business district, as well as connections to Sydney Airport.
- ACE Signs 3-year LTA with AgustaWestland Philadelphia
- Pall Aerospace Introduces PUREservices MRO Program
- Basta Holdings moves into helicopter leasing
- Capital Air purchases Entrol B206 FNPT II simulator
- Bell Helicopter Training Academy Celebrates 130,000 Student Milestone
- Black Knight Transformer Successfully Completes First Flights
- Sandel launches all-digital Attitude & Heading Reference System
- Frasca first to integrate Garmin’s GTN 650 into Flight Simulators
- Northwest MedStar takes to the air from Missoula base
- Lord Corp receives two-year Chinook vibration control contract
- SCRA wins $2.8M contract for Future Vertical Lift composite structures
- Flight Safety Foundation announces new President/CEO
- SkyTrac Systems Introduces Duty Hours Feature to SkyWeb
- Heli Protection Europe buys Entrol simulator based on Bell 412
- Airbus Helicopters displaying at DSA in Kuala Lumpur
- GAMA Opens New Middle East/North Africa Office in Dubai
- Airbus Group Named Preferred Employer By French Engineering Students in 2014
- CHC AW139 fleet passes 100,000 Flight Hours
- 13-Apr-14 Reno, US-Nevada (1F)
- GAL Aerospace completes acquisition of interiors specialist AeroQuest