Yesterday, the Tourism and Transport Forum released a document called “HarbourView”, and representing their vision for revitalising Sydney as Australiaâ€™s international gateway and premier tourism destination.
Their vision includes the following statement “Since the late 80s, Sydney has been one of the few global cities without a helicopter service. A Harbour Chopper service will provide a birdâ€™s-eye view of the harbour and a unique way to experience its major attractions. A tourist helicopter service will also address increasing demand from highyield visitors for direct passenger access to the heart of the city and beyond to the Blue Mountains, the Hunter and north and south coasts.
Harbourside Helicopters P/L has a fleet of the latest, low-noise helicopters to provide the service. Federal, state and local government need to work with the industry to identify the site for the Sydney Heliport.”
Hence they recommend the identification and development of an agreed location for a heliport both accessible from the central business district, as well as connections to Sydney Airport.
- Inaugural Rotorcraft Asia established as key regional industry event
- Era Group Announces Q1 2017 Earnings Release Call
- HeliRussia 2017, visitors’ registration for business program is open
- Onboard Systems Cargo Hook Kits Receive EASA Certification
- Delta partners with Blade for Manhattan-JFK transfers
- Routine Review of SKYTRAC
- Frasca International Sells Airbus H125 Helicopter Flight Simulator
- Safran signs first customer support contract in South Korea
- Airbus Helicopters Congratulates Bangkok Helicopter Services for Ten Years of EMS Operations
- Mi-35M Induction to Nigerian Air Force
- AHS supports Uber vision of electric VTOL
- CHC Wins Contract with Providence Resources PLC
- Great North Air Ambulance Service doctor wins award for blood work
- Russian Helicopters has made its first Mi-171E
- Air BP appointments new Global General Aviation Sales and Marketing Manager
- East Anglian Air Ambulance appoints new Board of Trustees member
- H145 is best in class for hoist operations
- Uganda Wildlife Authority Has Budget for One Helicopter and One Fixed Wing
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Board Member
- New Air Ambulance Helicopter Arrives for South Wales