Yesterday, the Tourism and Transport Forum released a document called “HarbourView”, and representing their vision for revitalising Sydney as Australiaâ€™s international gateway and premier tourism destination.
Their vision includes the following statement “Since the late 80s, Sydney has been one of the few global cities without a helicopter service. A Harbour Chopper service will provide a birdâ€™s-eye view of the harbour and a unique way to experience its major attractions. A tourist helicopter service will also address increasing demand from highyield visitors for direct passenger access to the heart of the city and beyond to the Blue Mountains, the Hunter and north and south coasts.
Harbourside Helicopters P/L has a fleet of the latest, low-noise helicopters to provide the service. Federal, state and local government need to work with the industry to identify the site for the Sydney Heliport.”
Hence they recommend the identification and development of an agreed location for a heliport both accessible from the central business district, as well as connections to Sydney Airport.
- Wiregrass Life Flight closes down in Alabama
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Celebrates World Helicopter Day
- German operator Air Lloyd wins pipeline contract
- Royal Bournemouth Hospital upgrades helipad
- Helijet Appoints New Rotary Wing Chief & Assistant Chief Pilots
- Forecast for helicopter seating market released
- Exercise Stealth Guardian enhances rescue capabilities in multiple environments
- The American Helicopter Museum will celebrate World Helicopter Day
- HNZ Group Reports FY2017 Q2 Results
- DART promotes Cable Cutter System
- Belgian operator wins Dutch pipeline contract
- STARS receives $250,000 donation from Access Credit Union
- Babcock MCS to recognise engineers union
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- Waypoint place their first lease into Columbia
- Volocopter agrees 25M Euro funding
- Orbit to expand Orbit Communication Systems
- Lawyers propose settlement for 2014 CHC share buyers
- Brazil approves BLR Aerospace FastFin for H125
- Blue Sky Network will be at LABACE 2017