Yesterday, the Tourism and Transport Forum released a document called “HarbourView”, and representing their vision for revitalising Sydney as Australiaâ€™s international gateway and premier tourism destination.
Their vision includes the following statement “Since the late 80s, Sydney has been one of the few global cities without a helicopter service. A Harbour Chopper service will provide a birdâ€™s-eye view of the harbour and a unique way to experience its major attractions. A tourist helicopter service will also address increasing demand from highyield visitors for direct passenger access to the heart of the city and beyond to the Blue Mountains, the Hunter and north and south coasts.
Harbourside Helicopters P/L has a fleet of the latest, low-noise helicopters to provide the service. Federal, state and local government need to work with the industry to identify the site for the Sydney Heliport.”
Hence they recommend the identification and development of an agreed location for a heliport both accessible from the central business district, as well as connections to Sydney Airport.
- Transas gets approval for Russia’s first R44 Flight Training Device
- Sweden – Värmland-Dalarna selects EC145T2 for EMS
- Northwest Colorado-based air ambulance logs 100th mission in 9 months
- BLADE Announces Expanded Bounce Service to New York City Area Airports
- AgustaWestland Renews its Collaboration with CRITICAL Software for a Further Three Years
- Commitment to Safety Every Day Brings Record-setting Performance
- From Texas to Tanzania: Flying the Extra Mile
- Spain – Airbus delivers Police EC135 to Police and AS355NP to Road Traffic Authority
- AgustaWestland signs Offset MoUs with industrial partners in Poland
- Lider sells two S76C++ to Waypoint, then leases them back
- Waypoint Leasing Closes 31 Aircraft Acquisition from First Reserve
- Bell Training Academy Expands Capabilities in Singapore
- Airbus Helicopters Canada Delivers AS355to Hydro One Inc.
- City, County of San Diego reach nighttime helicopter agreement
- UK Corporate to start operating Bell 429
- Magpas HeliMedix not affected by Wyton closure
- Trinidad and Tobago Air Guard Reaches Key Training,Capability Milestones
- MQ-8B Fire Scout Flies off Coast Guard Ship for First Time
- Rockwell Collins awarded $420M ARC-210 radio contract by US Navy
- Pakistan – Helicopter tours launched in Karachi