Yesterday, the Tourism and Transport Forum released a document called “HarbourView”, and representing their vision for revitalising Sydney as Australiaâ€™s international gateway and premier tourism destination.
Their vision includes the following statement “Since the late 80s, Sydney has been one of the few global cities without a helicopter service. A Harbour Chopper service will provide a birdâ€™s-eye view of the harbour and a unique way to experience its major attractions. A tourist helicopter service will also address increasing demand from highyield visitors for direct passenger access to the heart of the city and beyond to the Blue Mountains, the Hunter and north and south coasts.
Harbourside Helicopters P/L has a fleet of the latest, low-noise helicopters to provide the service. Federal, state and local government need to work with the industry to identify the site for the Sydney Heliport.”
Hence they recommend the identification and development of an agreed location for a heliport both accessible from the central business district, as well as connections to Sydney Airport.
- CH-53K load testing continues with 20,000 pound lift
- MV-22 air-to-air refueling role confirmed
- Sanford AirMed moving from airport to new hospital pad
- Air Evac EMS sues insurance company for $10 million
- Argentine military finally confirms purchase of 20 AB206s
- Aurora tests new Autonomous system for US Marine Corps
- Professional Helicopter Services signs LOI for three 505s
- Bell Singapore completes 5,000hr inspections on two Australian 412s
- Mercy Flight Western New York opens new facility
- Wisconsin – MedLink Air to trial second helicopter for six months
- BHS Helicopterservice partners with jet operator DC Aviation
- Heli-Expo 2017 Housing Opens June 1
- RH Focus Corp expecting to represent Russian Helicopters in Korea
- Russia starts to export Ka52 and Mi-28NE
- HAI ensures helicopter views considered at ICAO panel meeting
- Falcon Aviation signs LOI for one H160
- New heliport proposed in Yonkers suburb of New York
- Russian CAA approves NHV maintenance facility
- Sloane Helicopters renews UK and Ireland Distributorship Agreement with Leonardo
- Oceania Aviation is attending AHIA Rotortech