Yesterday, the Tourism and Transport Forum released a document called “HarbourView”, and representing their vision for revitalising Sydney as Australiaâ€™s international gateway and premier tourism destination.
Their vision includes the following statement “Since the late 80s, Sydney has been one of the few global cities without a helicopter service. A Harbour Chopper service will provide a birdâ€™s-eye view of the harbour and a unique way to experience its major attractions. A tourist helicopter service will also address increasing demand from highyield visitors for direct passenger access to the heart of the city and beyond to the Blue Mountains, the Hunter and north and south coasts.
Harbourside Helicopters P/L has a fleet of the latest, low-noise helicopters to provide the service. Federal, state and local government need to work with the industry to identify the site for the Sydney Heliport.”
Hence they recommend the identification and development of an agreed location for a heliport both accessible from the central business district, as well as connections to Sydney Airport.
- UK – New Scilly Isles helicopter service proposed with AW139s
- Lockheed Martin awarded $67M contract for MH-60R radar work
- Bell Boeing awarded $80M delivery order for V-22 work
- Sikorsky awarded $11M more for Taiwan and Jordan UH-60M work
- GE awarded $102M Preliminary Design engine contract for Apache and Black Hawk
- Kearfott Corp awarded $7.7M contract for UH-60 servo overhaul and repair
- Airbus delivers first H175 to Americas
- Honeywell and Pratt & Whitney win design review contract for Black Hawk and Apache engines
- FAA certifies 407GX Flight Training Device at Metro Aviation training centre
- Oceania Aviation earns EASA Part 145 certification
- AAG donates flights to Patient AirLift Services
- Collaboration for Safety Wins Award
- Precision Aviation Group announces four key appointments
- NHV starts H175 operations out of Denmark
- Boeing Delivers AH-64E Training System to South Korea
- Life Force One Has New Base In Tennessee
- Nigeria – Caverton expects H1 profit to be substantially down
- Life Link III expanding with new Minnesota base
- Register Update – USA – week to 21 August 2016
- Coastal Helicopters to serve Burning Man 2016 festival