Yesterday, the Tourism and Transport Forum released a document called "HarbourView", and representing their vision for revitalising Sydney as Australia’s international gateway and premier tourism destination.
Their vision includes the following statement "Since the late 80s, Sydney has been one of the few global cities without a helicopter service. A Harbour Chopper service will provide a bird’s-eye view of the harbour and a unique way to experience its major attractions. A tourist helicopter service will also address increasing demand from highyield visitors for direct passenger access to the heart of the city and beyond to the Blue Mountains, the Hunter and north and south coasts.
Harbourside Helicopters P/L has a fleet of the latest, low-noise helicopters to provide the service. Federal, state and local government need to work with the industry to identify the site for the Sydney Heliport."
Hence they recommend the identification and development of an agreed location for a heliport both accessible from the central business district, as well as connections to Sydney Airport.
- Peab to Build a Helicopter Base at Bardufoss in Norway
- More police departments considering the use of drones
- Hartford Hospital’s LIFE STAR Launches Mobile App
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 Helps to Save Refugees In The Mediterranean Sea
- RotorWay Under New Ownership
- Bell Breaks Ground on Lafayette JetRanger X Assembly Facility
- REACH Goes Pink to Support Breast Cancer Awareness
- Dhruv helicopters back in action after Sitapur crash
- US helicopter base covered in safety foam
- Bell Helicopter Training Academy Receives CAAC Part 147 Approval
- Legal bid to get information from helicopter black box
- North Sea Pilots suspended landing on wrong platform
- All Metal MS announces new Pegasus landing platform
- Aeronautical Accessories adds Donaldson Inducer Vent Filter to Product Offerings
- Bristow to present at Barclays CEO Energy-Power Conference
- Dinniman Announces $ 2.5 Million for Sikorsky Helicopter
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice to Invest in CHC Group
- Bristow Group names new corporate development and strategy chief
- Airbus Helicopters Canada Delivers AS350 for Private Use in Quebec
- Era Group to Present at Barclays CEO Energy-Power Conference