Yesterday, the Tourism and Transport Forum released a document called “HarbourView”, and representing their vision for revitalising Sydney as Australiaâ€™s international gateway and premier tourism destination.
Their vision includes the following statement “Since the late 80s, Sydney has been one of the few global cities without a helicopter service. A Harbour Chopper service will provide a birdâ€™s-eye view of the harbour and a unique way to experience its major attractions. A tourist helicopter service will also address increasing demand from highyield visitors for direct passenger access to the heart of the city and beyond to the Blue Mountains, the Hunter and north and south coasts.
Harbourside Helicopters P/L has a fleet of the latest, low-noise helicopters to provide the service. Federal, state and local government need to work with the industry to identify the site for the Sydney Heliport.”
Hence they recommend the identification and development of an agreed location for a heliport both accessible from the central business district, as well as connections to Sydney Airport.
- French Army NH90 Full Flight Simulator Ready for Training
- Dubai prince plans four helipads at Scottish estate
- Brazil approves Mecaer Bell 429 interior
- HAL Completes Hot & High Trials of LCH
- Russia and China plan to build an innovative heavy-lift helicopter
- Finnish courier Posti starts testing drone helicopter usage
- Russian Helicopters to sign maintenance contract with India
- STARS Rescue on the Prairie raises more than $425,000
- Russian military to receive Ka-52K for Mistral carriers
- Russian Helicopters delivers nine Ka-32s to China
- Haynes Life Flight to add second Alabama base
- Economic crisis in Brazil is destroying the helicopter market
- SouthCare helicopter records busiest year on record with 509 missions
- Lauderdale County hears Air Evac service proposal
- Mark of Excellence and Lifetime Achievement Awards Given out at NIGHTCON 2015
- Robinson expands R44 & R66 Autopilot and Aspen package
- Marenco Swiss helicopter participates in China Helicopter Exposition
- Helibras opens new simulator training center
- Register Update – Austria – August 2015
- Register Update – Norway – August 2015