Yesterday, the Tourism and Transport Forum released a document called "HarbourView", and representing their vision for revitalising Sydney as Australia’s international gateway and premier tourism destination.
Their vision includes the following statement "Since the late 80s, Sydney has been one of the few global cities without a helicopter service. A Harbour Chopper service will provide a bird’s-eye view of the harbour and a unique way to experience its major attractions. A tourist helicopter service will also address increasing demand from highyield visitors for direct passenger access to the heart of the city and beyond to the Blue Mountains, the Hunter and north and south coasts.
Harbourside Helicopters P/L has a fleet of the latest, low-noise helicopters to provide the service. Federal, state and local government need to work with the industry to identify the site for the Sydney Heliport."
Hence they recommend the identification and development of an agreed location for a heliport both accessible from the central business district, as well as connections to Sydney Airport.
- SmartPilot.ca – A Year After Launch – Great Results and More!
- New partners at Stellar Heliskiing
- Carter’s PAV-II on display at HAI-HELI-CENTER during AirVenture 2014
- Aspen Avionics Expands ADS-B Product Line
- X-Copter has FAA Approval; Offers Show Incentives at AirVenture 2014
- Airborne Systems receives NZCAA STC Certification for AS350 Bike Rack
- Airbus Helicopters wins tender for two medical helicopters in Russia
- Register Update – USA – week to 27 July 2014
- Register Update – USA – week to 20 July 2014
- HAI Heli-Center at Oshkosh Opens Today!
- Sikorsky union boss charged with embezzlement
- Genesys: Stabilization & Autopilot System for R44
- PHI launches helicopter joint venture with Cyprus Airways
- Bell-Boeing awarded $69M delivery order for V-22 support
- Helitech introduces the Business and Strategy Conference
- Night Vision Award Winners Honored at ALEA
- Portsmouth hospital helipad receives BOA approval
- Super Puma co-pilot death preventable, says coroner
- Parents of snowboarder killed by avalanche sue Alaska heli-skiing company
- KAI selected as a LCH／LAH developer