Yesterday, the Tourism and Transport Forum released a document called “HarbourView”, and representing their vision for revitalising Sydney as Australiaâ€™s international gateway and premier tourism destination.
Their vision includes the following statement “Since the late 80s, Sydney has been one of the few global cities without a helicopter service. A Harbour Chopper service will provide a birdâ€™s-eye view of the harbour and a unique way to experience its major attractions. A tourist helicopter service will also address increasing demand from highyield visitors for direct passenger access to the heart of the city and beyond to the Blue Mountains, the Hunter and north and south coasts.
Harbourside Helicopters P/L has a fleet of the latest, low-noise helicopters to provide the service. Federal, state and local government need to work with the industry to identify the site for the Sydney Heliport.”
Hence they recommend the identification and development of an agreed location for a heliport both accessible from the central business district, as well as connections to Sydney Airport.
- Los Angeles Police Dept order four airbus H125
- New Helicopter Tours Announced in Costa Rica
- KABC-TV Unveils State-of-the-art AIR7HD
- Twirly Birds Announce Annual Meeting in Dallas, Texas
- Bell delivers first fully customized aircraft from Prague Facility
- Huangling Turns into a Golden Field of Seasonal Wonder as Spring Arrives
- U.S. based Air Evac Lifeteam deploys Ramco Aviation Suite V5.7
- Columbia Helicopters Selects SKYTRAC Flight Data Monitoring
- Bell Helicopter and TRU Meet Milestones Marking BTA-Valencia Completion
- Safe Flight and Vector Aerospace to Showcase New Partnership at Heli-Expo
- DART Aerospace starts the new year with its presence at the HAI Heli-Expo 2017
- Wysong deliveres two B407GX’s to PHI Air Medica
- Possible Stabilization for Oil and Gas Sector
- Entrepreneur David MacNeil takes delivery of new, customized Airbus H145 helicopter
- Worldwide Helicopter Safety Teams Will Release Accident Data at Heli-Expo 2017
- LifeFlight Requests New Toowoomba Base
- Rostec and RDIF attract leading international funds to invest in Russian Helicopters
- Pakistan expands its AW139 fleet with new orders
- NHV awarded with offshore contract by Seaway Heavy Lifting
- Russian Helicopters expanding after-sales services in the Near East and Africa