Yesterday, the Tourism and Transport Forum released a document called “HarbourView”, and representing their vision for revitalising Sydney as Australiaâ€™s international gateway and premier tourism destination.
Their vision includes the following statement “Since the late 80s, Sydney has been one of the few global cities without a helicopter service. A Harbour Chopper service will provide a birdâ€™s-eye view of the harbour and a unique way to experience its major attractions. A tourist helicopter service will also address increasing demand from highyield visitors for direct passenger access to the heart of the city and beyond to the Blue Mountains, the Hunter and north and south coasts.
Harbourside Helicopters P/L has a fleet of the latest, low-noise helicopters to provide the service. Federal, state and local government need to work with the industry to identify the site for the Sydney Heliport.”
Hence they recommend the identification and development of an agreed location for a heliport both accessible from the central business district, as well as connections to Sydney Airport.
- Terna receives two AS350B3e to support Italy’s electricity grid
- Bristow Helicopters, Sebbecly Care Partner on Breast Cancer Control
- Airbus Helicopters Expects China To Become Its Biggest Market By 2020
- HAC 2016 conference confirmed for Edmonton
- Aeronautical Accessories to distribute Helitowcart BearPaws for Robinson and Airbus models
- FAA certifies EC145T2
- AS350 B3 pilot helps build world’s longest urban cable car system in Bolivia
- CybAero applying for new export license after rejection
- Basta signs Afghanistan operating contracts with AviaService and UTair South Africa
- Bill de Decker is selected for John P “Jack” Doswell Award
- Conklin & de Decker Announce 15th Annual Aircraft Acquisition Planning Seminar
- Conklin & de Decker Release the Aircraft Cost Evaluator 2014 Volume II
- France to Help Ukraine Modernize Mi-24s
- 30 Years of ARSA
- Royal Thai Navy and Air Force acquire five EC645T2 and two EC725s
- Zip Aviation orders Bell 407GX
- Aviation Specialties Unlimited Unveils New OWLS at NBAA
- Twin Haven buys Apache / Black Hawk supplier Impresa
- Helisota becomes an official representative of Mil and component manufacturer FED
- Friday is last day to sign up for AHS HELMOT XVI event