Yesterday, the Tourism and Transport Forum released a document called "HarbourView", and representing their vision for revitalising Sydney as Australia’s international gateway and premier tourism destination.
Their vision includes the following statement "Since the late 80s, Sydney has been one of the few global cities without a helicopter service. A Harbour Chopper service will provide a bird’s-eye view of the harbour and a unique way to experience its major attractions. A tourist helicopter service will also address increasing demand from highyield visitors for direct passenger access to the heart of the city and beyond to the Blue Mountains, the Hunter and north and south coasts.
Harbourside Helicopters P/L has a fleet of the latest, low-noise helicopters to provide the service. Federal, state and local government need to work with the industry to identify the site for the Sydney Heliport."
Hence they recommend the identification and development of an agreed location for a heliport both accessible from the central business district, as well as connections to Sydney Airport.
- Lockheed Martin’s Unmanned K-MAX Cargo Helicopter Team Returns From Deployment With U.S. Marine Corps In Afghanistan
- Air Methods Completes Successful Demonstration of Jupiter Avionics wiJAC Wireless Intercom System
- Heading to EAA AirVenture: Visit the HAI HELI-CENTER
- STARS offers time, hope and life-saving transport to critically ill and injured patients.
- Cockpit Crazy Press Release
- MD Helicopters Announces Second MD 500e Helicopter Delivery To Polk County Florida Sheriff’s Ofice
- Edmonton Police seek $22M for twin turbine helicopters and new heliport
- Bell Helicopter Delivers First Two of Six Bell 407GXs to the Pennsylvania State Police
- REACH Air Medical Services Opening Air Ambulance Base in Rancho Cordova, CA
- New Robinson R22 for Phoenix!
- Metro Aviation delivers EC135 to HealthNet Aeromedical Services, Inc.
- GAMA Welcomes Jonathan Archer as Director of Engineering & Airworthiness
- Derazona Helicopters buys its first rotorcraft from Airbus Helicopters: a multi-role AS350 B3e
- SaxonAir enhances helicopter fleet with Airbus Helicopters EC155
- Bristow Norway AS lands multi-million dollar contract
- Russian Helicopters to train Mongolian pilots at Ulan-Ude Aviation Training Centre
- Bell Helicopter Announces First Two HEMS Bell 429s in the Middle East
- New Report: Air Methods – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Now in black: DART’s ultra-resistant Floor Protectors
- DART’s new interference-proof Tail Rotor Pedal Lockout