Yesterday, the Tourism and Transport Forum released a document called “HarbourView”, and representing their vision for revitalising Sydney as Australiaâ€™s international gateway and premier tourism destination.
Their vision includes the following statement “Since the late 80s, Sydney has been one of the few global cities without a helicopter service. A Harbour Chopper service will provide a birdâ€™s-eye view of the harbour and a unique way to experience its major attractions. A tourist helicopter service will also address increasing demand from highyield visitors for direct passenger access to the heart of the city and beyond to the Blue Mountains, the Hunter and north and south coasts.
Harbourside Helicopters P/L has a fleet of the latest, low-noise helicopters to provide the service. Federal, state and local government need to work with the industry to identify the site for the Sydney Heliport.”
Hence they recommend the identification and development of an agreed location for a heliport both accessible from the central business district, as well as connections to Sydney Airport.
- Airbus reveals H135 Bluecopter technology demonstrator
- AgustaWestland confirms HeliHub report on Guardia Costiera AW139 order
- CHEMS, Air Methods host Hangar Day at Seamans Airport
- Northern Ontario Ornge service hampered by black holes
- ASU Celebrates 20 Years and expands HQ
- Airbus Helicopters and Mahindra Group form military joint venture
- Police Aviation News – July 2015 Edition
- How new helicopter procedure helped save a life
- Kemper Development helistop clears city review
- Minnesota – New Brighton council approves helipad
- Helicopter Museum hosts Flight Simulator Convention
- WAI Announces Scholarships for 2016
- FAA and GA Community Focus on Safety
- Russian Helicopters showcases renewed production of amphibious Mi-14PS
- Russian Helicopters announces results of AGM
- Helicopter Film Services rely on Aerigon for new Avengers film
- Russian Helicopters showcases new marine helicopters at International Maritime Defence Show
- Finmeccanica wins Landing Helicopter Dock contract with Fincantieri
- 05-Jul-15 RP-C2726 AgustaWestland AW109E Mt. Maculot, Philippines (2F)
- 05-Jul-15 Elisport CH-7 Gruffy, France