Heliflite, Australasia’s longest serving authorised Robinson distributor has released the first official photos of the region’s first R66 Turbine helicopter taken in final completion at the Robinson factory.
The base yellow with slate grey trim coloured R66 Turbine helicopter is ready for shipping to Australia and Heliflite looks forward to having it available as a much anticipated demonstrator in Sydney next month.
This R66 Turbine helicopter serial number 0011 will also be the first internationally exported of its type.
In 1980 Heliflite introduced the first Robinson R22 helicopter to Australia, while in 1994 the company introduced the first R44 helicopter to the region.
Both the Robinson R22 and R44 helicopters are now the biggest selling civil helicopters in the world.
The R66 Turbine incorporates many of the design features of its reputable predecessor, the R44, including a two-bladed rotor system, T-bar cyclic and an open interior cabin configuration. The most notable differences are its increased reserve power, increased altitude performance, fifth seat and large baggage compartment. Popular upgrades including HID landing lights, leather seats, and a stereo audio control panel are standard in the R66.
Heliflite has been the Australian authorised Robinson helicopter distributor since 1977 with major sales, service and support bases in Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Melbourne and Auckland (authorised NZ distributor).
Photos courtesy of Robinson Helicopter Company, USA.
For further information regarding the Robinson R66 turbine helicotper range please call Scott Edmonds on 0417 259 382
- R66 lands at North Pole
- Helifilte WA Celeberates Five Years Of Operation
- Canadian R66 certification nears
- Frank Robinson to receive 2013 Guggenheim Medal
- First R66 delivered in Bangladesh
- ATP releases five new Robinson libraries
- Russia orders 47 Robinson R66s
- Russia certifies the Robinson R66
- Is EASA R66 debacle really Robinson’s fault?
- UK allows uncertified R66 to fly commercially
- 09-Mar-13 ZK-IHU Robinson R66 Oamaru Valley, New Zealand (1F)
- Sloane Helicopters encouraged with R66 development
- Aerobraze congratulates Robinson on R66 success
- Helitowcart launches dual wheels for R66 and R44
- R66 Floats and cargo hook are Robinson’s top priority
- Robinson 2012 production 45% up on 2011
- New Helicopter Service in Palau, Micronesia with R66
- Nigerian Air Force take delivery of first two R66s
- Kurt Robinson named to IHST Executive Committee
- Robinson doubles R66 production rate