In accordance with Hong Kong Civil Aviation (Investigation of Accidents) Regulations, an inspector's investigation is in progress to determine the circumstances and causes relating to the accident involving a Eurocopter AS332 L2 helicopter (registration mark B-HRN) operated by Government Flying Service that made an emergency landing in Shing Mun Reservoir on December 27, 2010.
The investigation is being conducted by a team of investigators from the Hong Kong Civil Aviation Department (CAD) with assistance from the Bureau d' EnquÃ‚Ë†Ã‚§tes et d'Analyses pour la sÃ‚Ë†mcuritÃ‚Ë†m de l'aviation civile (BEA) (the French aircraft accident investigation bureau); Eurocopter, the aircraft manufacturer; and Turbomeca, the engine manufacturer.
The investigation team today (January 26) released a preliminary report on the accident.
A spokesperson for the CAD said that the preliminary report contains facts relating to the accident as determined up to the time of issue and must be regarded as tentative.
"The investigation team is investigating the cause of automatic shutdown of the No 2 engine of the helicopter just before the accident.The team will continue to collect and study all relevant information in order to determine the circumstances and causes relating to the accident.More in-depth investigation and analysis work has to be done before any conclusion can be drawn," the spokesperson said.
"The preliminary report is published at this stage for general information," the spokesperson added.
The full preliminary report can be found on CAD's website here
- Super Puma AS332 L2 G-REDL Fatal Accident Inquiry announced
- 21-Mar-13 D-HEGB Eurocopter AS332L1 Berlin, Germany
- Peru – Servicios Aéreos de Los Andes to lease two AS332s
- Vector Aerospace – the newest AS332 service centre
- Svalbard selects Lufttransport for SAR
- 27-Nov-12 Eurocopter AS532 Liberator, Venezuela
- 19-Nov-12 JA9965 Eurocopter AS332L1 Kita-Hira, Japan
- Turbomeca engines reach 400,000 hours on Citic Offshore fleet
- 22-Oct-12 G-CHCN Eurocopter EC225 Shetland, UK
- Lerwick Harbour pilot boats are key in Bond’s Jigsaw operations
- Bristow completes Baltic AS332 contract
- 25-Jul-12 Eurocopter AS532AL Verdon Gorge, France (6F)
- CHC wins three North Sea contracts worth $820 Million
- 25-Jun-12 Eurocopter AS332L2 Shetland, UK
- Eurocopter establishes Africa’s first full motion Helicopter Simulator
- 06-Jun-12 PR-OMV Eurocopter EC225 Macae, Brazil
- 22-May-12 Eurocopter AS332L2 North Sea, UK
- 10-May-12 G-REDW Eurocopter EC225 off Aberdeen, UK
- Helibras successfully tests new Super Puma lighting panel
- Switzerland takes delivery of first two upgraded Super Pumas