Some 20 years after buying their fleet of four Bo105s, the Czech Police have finally retired the type.Â A total of four were acquired, two in 1991 with the second pair following the year after.Â Two were lost in accidents, one in April 1992 and the other in August 1999.
The Bo105 has been on the line for retirement ever since the Czech Police started to acquire EC135s in 2004, an acquisition policy which has now resulted in eight aircraft – the most recent of the Turbomeca-powered fleet delivered in 2008.Â A further five Bell 412s complete the fleet.
The remaining pair of Bo105s continued in operation until late 2010 when they were sold to Blue Sky Service in the town of Brno.Â Blue Sky were not reachable when HeliHub.com tried ascertaining what they will be using their two aircraft for.
Given the Czech Republic has a section of their register (prefix OK-) set aside for Government and Police aircraft, it was necessary for Blue Sky to re-register their acquisitions as OK-AAA and OK-BBB.
Heading photo credit ZdenÄ›k VanÄ›k
Photo credit Petr Soukop
Czech Police retire the Bo105
- 24-Aug-14 HU.15-90 Airbus Bo105CBS-4 Marana, Spain (3F)
- New Brisbane police helicopter unveiled
- Great Western Air Ambulance to upgrade to EC135 in October
- Bo105 helicopter fleet passes 8,000,000 flight hours
- Great Western Air Ambulance targets August for EC135 upgrade
- UK – Trial flight phase for Bristol Royal Infirmary helipad
- Canadian Coast Guard helicopter procurement facing delays
- South Georgia Heritage Trust move Bo105 fleet maintenance to new supplier
- 03-Jan-14 N585TJ Eurocopter Bo105 Pembroke, US-New York
- 24-Nov-13 RP-C3699 Eurocopter Bo105M Hagonoy, Philippines
- Bristow Group prepares to quit Alaska
- Canadian Coast Guard Bo105 recovered from the Arctic Ocean
- TSB launches investigation into fatal Canadian Coast Guard Bo105 crash
- 09-Sep-13 C-GCFU Eurocopter Bo105S McClure Strait, Canada (3F)
- HAI President Goes Upside Down, Up and Over with Chuck Aaron
- UTair Bo105 joins Arctic Scientific Expedition
- Scottish Charity Air Ambulance adapts hours to match demand
- Erickson Air-Crane renews Essential Air Service route in Alaska
- Great Western Air Ambulance – upgrade from Bo105 or don’t use new Bristol helipad
- UK – Sterling Helicopters Bo105s for sale