AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce that the Qatar Armed Forces have signed a contract for three AW139 medium twin helicopters plus a comprehensive logistics support package. These aircraft will be operated by the Qatar Emiri Air Force to perform emergency medical service missions. This latest contract adds to the one for eighteen AW139s signed by the same customer in 2008. Some of the 18 have already been delivered to carry out a range of operations including utility, troop transport, search and rescue, border patrol, special forces operations, law enforcement and homeland security. The remainder are expected to be progressively delivered by early 2012.
Giacomo Saponaro, Senior Vice President International Government Business Unit, AgustaWestland said “We are delighted to have signed this contract which provides clear evidence of customer’s satisfaction with the best selling multi-role medium twin helicopter. This order further expands the incredible success achieved by the AW139 in Qatar for a variety of applications and makes this market one of the most important for the type in the Middle East with almost 40 units on order so far.”
The only new generation helicopter in its weight class, the AW139 has rapidly become the benchmark helicopter in the medium twin market and the helicopter of choice for emergency medical service and search and rescue. The AW139 sets new standards of performance in its class with the largest cabin in its category, a maximum cruise speed of 165 knots (306 km/h) and a maximum range in excess of 570 nm (1060 km) with auxiliary fuel. The aircraft has outstanding one engine inoperative capabilities even in the hot and high environmental conditions. The advanced integrated cockpit with state-of-the-art technology minimises pilot workload allowing the crew to concentrate on mission objectives. Over 350 aircraft are now in service performing EMS/SAR, military missions, offshore transport, VIP/corporate transport, law enforcement, utility. Orders for over 500 units have been placed by more than 140 customers in approximately 50 countries so far, with nearly a quarter of sales logged in the Middle East region.
- STARS offers time, hope and life-saving transport to critically ill and injured patients.
- Weststar accepts first AW189; Passes 50,000 hours on AW139 fleet
- Yokohama City Fire Dept orders second AW139
- AW139 fleet passes 1,000,000 flight hours milestone
- Bangladesh Air Force orders two SAR AW139s
- AgustaWestland Sells Another AW139 VIP in UK
- Australian Helicopters signs for six AW139s on EMS mission
- LCI places AW139 with Indwe Aviation in South Africa
- Armed Forces of Malta take delivery of first new helicopter
- Ducommun expands AW139 wiring harness contract
- Precision to distribute new Safran Power AW139 Replacement Starter Generator
- CAE signs agreement with Caverton Helicopters for AW139 training centre in Nigeria
- Italian eyewear company Luxottica buys AW139
- 31-May-14 AgustaWestland AW139 Balsam Lake, Canada
- Turkey – Kaan Air orders VIP-configured AW139 and AW189
- Australian Helicopters wins 10 year EMS contract with five AW139s
- AgustaWestland signs up distributor for Morocco
- Saudi Aramco signs for another AW139
- Japan – Kagoshima Prefectural Police orders AW139
- CHC AW139 fleet passes 100,000 Flight Hours