After conducting a nationwide search of potential candidates, HALO-Flight, Inc.'s Board of Directors is pleased to announce that Tom Klassen has been appointed Executive Director of the non-profit air and ground ambulance service effective March 21, 2011. He will succeed Randy Rowe, Jr., who served in this position since 2003.
Tom is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company, including safety and financial management, and oversight of both air and ground operations. Tom's main goal is to support HALO-Flight's mission to provide medical transport for the critically ill or injured persons requiring medical or trauma facilities within its south Texas service area regardless of their ability to pay.
Tom joined HALO-Flight's team in 2010 as Director of Operations. Previously, he was an airline transport pilot rated aviator with over 10,500 hours flight time and 27 years of experience in the aviation industry. He has had a unique aviation career that has included flying a tuna spotting helicopter in Central America, bush flying in Papua New Guinea, helicopter logging in Alaska, air show pilot in a MiG-17, airline pilot, TV pilot reporter, tour pilot in Hawaii, and helicopter fire fighting. "Out of all my experiences, the most satisfying has been the 9 years in the Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS) industry," said Klassen.
- Iraqi Army receives last of 24 Bell 407s
- HeliRussia – Transas Aviation to provide locally-made GPS for Bell 407, 429
- Dart launches Rear Locker Extender for B206 and B407
- Bell showcases versatile aircraft at AeroExpo 2013
- 25-Apr-13 N937GR Bell 407 Mount Aeneas, US-Montana
- 18-Apr-13 N495AE Bell 407 Waco, US-Texas
- 15-Apr-13 N408GA Bell 407 New River, US-Arizona
- Hawker Pacific announces Queensland Bell 407 sale
- New Mercy Air Med helicopter is in service
- More STC Approvals for Latitude’s SkyNode Satcom and IONode FDM Systems
- Northrop Grumman to Produce More MQ-8C Fire Scouts for US Navy
- Bell booked 50 orders at Heli-Expo 2013
- Honeywell HTS900 powered Eagle 407HP Begins Flight Testing
- Bell and Air Medical Holdings Group Reach Landmark Deal for 30 Helicopters
- 03-Mar-13 N911LL Bell 407 Scottsbluff, US-Nebraska
- Astronics Max-Viz-1500 approved for Bell 206/407 in China
- Flagstaff hospital’s helicopter fills in for DPS
- ExecuJet Africa showcasing helicopter charter at Mining Indaba 2013
- Bell civil helicopter sales up 50% in 2012
- St. Vincent StatFlight to add new base with Bell 407