Summit Aviation, a Greenwich AeroGroup company, will hold a ribbon cutting ceremony and luncheon this week in celebration of its new 78,000 square-foot expansion.
The event will be held:
Thursday, September 22, 2011, 11 a.m., Ribbon Cutting
Summit Aviation, 4200 Summit Bridge Road, Middletown, Delaware
Speakers for the event include Summit Aviation President Robert Fitzpatrick, Summit Aviation Vice President Ed Scully, Delaware Economic Development Office Director Alan Levin and Delaware State Representative Melanie George.
Summit Aviation broke ground for the new development on June 9, 2010. The 78,000 square-ft. expansion includes a 37,400 square-foot hangar, 9,200 square-foot paint facility, two cold storage units and an additional 11,400 square-feet of support and office space.
Summitâ€™s parent company, Greenwich AeroGroup, has invested $12 million in capital since acquiring the facility in 2008. This growth will increase Summitâ€™s service and maintenance capacity and support for government and military aviation, general aviation and corporate segments.
Media visuals for the day include the ribbon cutting, the new hangar which will house for the day the following aircraft: King Air, Kodiak, Bell 412, CH-47 and Blackhawk, the paint facility, office space and other areas as arranged.
Located in Middletown, Delaware, the company offers aircraft and engine maintenance and modification services on Bell, Eurocopter, Sikorsky, Boeing and MD helicopters as well as on Pilatus, Cessna, Beechcraft King Airs, Beechjets and other light jet model aircraft. The company also provides engine maintenance and support to its customers which include Pratt & Whitney, Turbomeca, and others.
About Greenwich AeroGroup
Greenwich AeroGroup, Inc., located in Greenwich, Conn., owns and operates providers of general, commercial, government and military aviation services including: maintenance, avionics and interior refurbishments; fixed base operations; aircraft sales, charter and management; manufacturing and engineering; component repair and overhaul; and parts distribution.
- Hinks Awarded Patent for Negative Spring Compensation
- VHA Receives FAA STC for 206L LongRanger Main Blades
- Boeing completes autonomous synchronised flight tests
- FAA Approves Robinson R66 Cargo Hook
- Rotortrade partners with Gualter Helicopter Brazil
- CHC Brasil Holds Regional Safety and Quality Summit in Rio de Janeiro
- DART launches its new H130/EC130 Cable Cutter System
- Devon Air Ambulance buy Airbus H145
- Flight Safety Dept. conducts meeting on safety enhancement of helicopter operation
- Workhorse brings two-person SureFly octocopter to Manhattan public
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for MH-60 Analysis
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance cleared of Novichok contamination
- Airbus renews partnership with USP of São Carlos
- Saab Receives Order for Self-Protection Systems
- Thai Aviation Services S-76D Fleet Achieves 10,000 Flight Hours
- AAMS Statement in Response to NASEMSO “Borders in the Sky”
- Helibras highlights 40 years of leadership
- HeliOffshore SIP Delivers the Data to Make the Frontline Safer
- New modern helipad construction completed at Rasuwa
- Boeing being sued over December 2016 Apache accident