AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce that Blueway AS of Norway has signed a contract for one more AW139 medium twin helicopter. This aircraft will be used for offshore transport operations.
This order follows an initial contract for three AW139s placed in 2010 and one for a fourth unit signed earlier this year as part of a Framework Agreement for the purchase of a total of five AW139s plus options for an additional four. This latest purchase is further evidence of the customerâ€™s satisfaction with the best selling helicopter in its class for offshore operations and strengthens the partnership between AgustaWestland and Blueway AS.
State-of-the-art technology, outstanding performance, low operating costs and the only helicopter in its class to meet the latest safety standards, have made the AW139 the helicopter of choice in the medium twin market. With its power reserve, the AW139 delivers Category A (Class 1) performance from a helipad (elevated or at ground level) at maximum take-off weight with an unmatched one engine inoperative capability. The standard configuration provides seating for twelve or fifteen passengers in a large and bright 8.0 m3 cabin with excellent ease of access and egress via large sliding cabin doors. Excellent payload and performance ensure unmatched productivity for offshore operations. Almost 160 customers from over 50 countries have ordered almost 580 helicopters to perform a wide range of roles including offshore transport, EMS/SAR, VIP/corporate transport, law enforcement, utility and government missions.
Blueway AS has provided helicopter services since 1986 and today is Northern Europeâ€™s leading integrated helicopter company. Blueway operates a fleet of 26 helicopters and provides a range of helicopter services within the oil and gas, infrastructure, environment and search & rescue markets. Blueway operates under the DanCopter, Airlift, Blueway Offshore Norway and Vertech Offshore brand names. DanCopter provides passenger transport services to oil and gas companies in the North Sea from bases in Denmark as well as for Shell in Nigeria. Airlift operates onshore infrastructure and environment services in Norway, Sweden and Finland as well as the Search & Rescue operations on Spitsbergen for the Governor of Svalbard. Blueway Offshore Norway operates offshore crew change contracts from bases in Norway Additionally, its subsidiary Vertech Offshore provides heavy lift maintenance (flair tip replacements) on offshore installations worldwide.
Blueway orders fourth AW139
- AW139 Reliability Data Sharing Group holds first meeting
- AW139 enters service with Carabineros de Chile
- Construction begins on Brisbane campus to include AW139 simulator
- Ex-Im Bank to finance two AW139s for Helistar in Colombia
- Heli-One MRO services receive Korean approval
- Weststar awarded five year contract for two AW139s
- New exhibitors target Helitech International 2015 as the place to do business
- Lobo Leasing and SFS Aviation Enter Sale-Leaseback Agreement
- AW Training Academy Malaysia Set to Receive AW139 Maintenance Trainer Simulator
- Basarnas Indonesia signs for an SAR AW139
- AgustaWestland Delivers Two More Corporate AW139s To Malaysian Clients
- Vertis Aviation expands in South Africa
- AgustaWestland Opens Regional Supply Centre in Aberdeen
- 13-Mar-15 4K-AZ117 AgustaWestland AW139 Yavlakh, Azerbaijan
- AgustaWestland launches Reliability Data Sharing Group
- Mayor Nutter welcomes AW609 production to Philadelphia
- Heliconia appointed as AgustaWestland Authorized Service Centre in Morocco
- LCI to lease second new AgustaWestland AW139 to HeliService
- Donaldson IBFs Approved for AW139
- AgustaWestland sells four helicopters into European Corporate Market