AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce that Blueway AS of Norway has signed a contract for one more AW139 medium twin helicopter. This aircraft will be used for offshore transport operations.
This order follows an initial contract for three AW139s placed in 2010 and one for a fourth unit signed earlier this year as part of a Framework Agreement for the purchase of a total of five AW139s plus options for an additional four. This latest purchase is further evidence of the customer’s satisfaction with the best selling helicopter in its class for offshore operations and strengthens the partnership between AgustaWestland and Blueway AS.
State-of-the-art technology, outstanding performance, low operating costs and the only helicopter in its class to meet the latest safety standards, have made the AW139 the helicopter of choice in the medium twin market. With its power reserve, the AW139 delivers Category A (Class 1) performance from a helipad (elevated or at ground level) at maximum take-off weight with an unmatched one engine inoperative capability. The standard configuration provides seating for twelve or fifteen passengers in a large and bright 8.0 m3 cabin with excellent ease of access and egress via large sliding cabin doors. Excellent payload and performance ensure unmatched productivity for offshore operations. Almost 160 customers from over 50 countries have ordered almost 580 helicopters to perform a wide range of roles including offshore transport, EMS/SAR, VIP/corporate transport, law enforcement, utility and government missions.
Blueway AS has provided helicopter services since 1986 and today is Northern Europe’s leading integrated helicopter company. Blueway operates a fleet of 26 helicopters and provides a range of helicopter services within the oil and gas, infrastructure, environment and search & rescue markets. Blueway operates under the DanCopter, Airlift, Blueway Offshore Norway and Vertech Offshore brand names. DanCopter provides passenger transport services to oil and gas companies in the North Sea from bases in Denmark as well as for Shell in Nigeria. Airlift operates onshore infrastructure and environment services in Norway, Sweden and Finland as well as the Search & Rescue operations on Spitsbergen for the Governor of Svalbard. Blueway Offshore Norway operates offshore crew change contracts from bases in Norway Additionally, its subsidiary Vertech Offshore provides heavy lift maintenance (flair tip replacements) on offshore installations worldwide.
- Maryland AW139s flew 136 community outreach missions in 2013
- AgustaWestland to Open Canadian Supply Centre
- Weststar Aviation starts operations in Morocco with two AW139s
- Trakka signs long term A800 agreement with AgustaWestland
- Milestone Aviation Group signs for five AW139s and three AW189s
- ASU Completes 800th FAA Approved NVIS Modification
- LCI signs for seven AW139s and another seven options
- Atlas Air Taxi to operate AW139s in Brazil
- Omni signs for four AW139s and five AW189s
- Honeywell Fleet Tracking System Certified For S-76, AW139, AS350
- LCI commits to 14 more AW139s and 4 more AW189s
- Japan – Tottori Prefecture orders firefighting AW139
- Japan – Yamagata Prefecture orders firefighting AW139
- AgustaWestland signs deals worth $357 Million
- Leonardo – the new Customer Portal for AgustaWestland operators
- Heli Expo Premiere For AgustaWestland Family
- Banff hospital on priority list for helipad upgrade
- Hamad Medical officially launches AW139 air ambulance fleet
- Travira Air to take delivery of two AW139s
- Atlantic Aviation commences AW139 flights for Shell Nigeria