Night Flight Concepts, a leading provider of comprehensive night vision solutions, is pleased to report that NIGHTCon 2011 (www.nightcon.com)- the inaugural Night Vision Conference dedicated to civilian aviation – was a resounding success. The event featured outstanding involvement from Federal Aviation Administration representatives and unprecedented collaboration among leading NVG industry providers resulting in plans for a new NVG Industry Working Group that will represent the needs of civilian NVG operators.
â€œWe expect that the positive effects of the conference will be far-reaching,â€ Night Flight Concepts President, Adam Aldous. â€œThe event was a game changer. Industry players participated in moving our sector to a new level of engagement that we all can build on to help serve and support the needs of industry and operators in the future.â€
Exceptional Engagement with FAA
NIGHTCon was developed to provide a new venue for professionals dedicated exclusively to sharing information, education and insight on Night Vision Imaging System (NVIS) program implementation, operations, and maintenance issues in civil and parapublic sectors. A key highlight of the conference was the extensive formal and informal access to representatives of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Sessions featured frank, lively panel discussions and a Question & Answer session with the FAA representatives and NVG subject matter experts regarding issues that affect the NVG community.
Unprecedented NVG Industry Collaboration
â€œThe industry-wide presence and cooperation of key players, such as Night Flight Concepts, ASU, Aero Dynamix and REBTECH, provided a unique opportunity for us to hear from NVG organizations speaking on related issues with one voice,â€ explained Edwin Miller, FAA 135 Air Carrier Operations Branch Director. â€œWe found it very constructive.â€
The event was held over a two-day period featuring an open session, panel forums, vendor displays, and educational presentations. Industry players worked together to address key issues, provide education and guidance to help new and existing users of night vision goggle (NVG) capabilities. An NVG Orientation to provide a technology and explain NVG capabilities and limitations, as well as an ITAR and Export Compliance session to review guidelines and obligations. Breakout education courses were designed to facilitate training and face-to-face discussions with NVG regulators and subject matter experts in different areas: NVG Operator Program Management, NVG Maintenance Program Management, NVG Initial Pilot Ground School, NVG Instructor Pilot Ground School, NVG Inspection & Repair/ Cockpit Lighting Conformity.
Venue for New NVG Industry Working Group
Meetings at NIGHTCon have lead to the plans for the creation of a new working group that is being formed to discuss, formalize and represent the needs and concerns of the NVG industry to the FAA. More details in this regard will be unveiled in coming months.
About Night Flight Concepts (www.nightflightconcepts.com )
Night Flight Concepts (NFC) is a comprehensive night vision technology (NVT) provider specializing in night vision goggle (NVG) program planning and support, NVG maintenance technician training, NVG service and maintenance repair, NVG pilot and crewmember flight training, and night vision program support for law enforcement agencies, air medical/rescue services, military organizations, and government task force agencies worldwide.
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for MH-60 Analysis
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance cleared of Novichok contamination
- Airbus renews partnership with USP of São Carlos
- Saab Receives Order for Self-Protection Systems
- Thai Aviation Services S-76D Fleet Achieves 10,000 Flight Hours
- AAMS Statement in Response to NASEMSO “Borders in the Sky”
- Helibras highlights 40 years of leadership
- HeliOffshore SIP Delivers the Data to Make the Frontline Safer
- New modern helipad construction completed at Rasuwa
- Boeing being sued over December 2016 Apache accident
- Germany expecting delay in CH-53G replacement tender
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Pratt & Whitney adds third maintenance facility in Brazil
- MBA adds helicopter values on RedBook platform
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service