Brothers and Sisters,
By now I’m sure that all of you are aware of the situation that occurred at our plant last week. I’d like to take this opportunity to speak to both you the members and to all employees here at our Boeing Philadelphia Facility. In the past we have faced many different crisis over our years together and we have always prevailed. The leadership of Local 1069 can assure you and your families that our Union will work side by side with the Company to address this crisis together.
This situation is part of a global epidemic that is affecting people in all walks of life. As many of you know, there is a very dedicated Employee Assistance Program in place for both union and salary employees. Don’t hesitate to contact Company EAP Rich Buxton at 1-5800, or UAW Local 1069 EAP Pat Hoffman at 1-3471, if you are having issues in your own life. Along with the Company, we will be at the forefront in an effort to secure a truly drug free workplace at Boeing Philadelphia.
The employees involved in this circumstance represent less than 1% of the workforce in Philadelphia. This problem will not in any way, undermine or deter our commitment to our customers, especially our troops in the field. Together we will continue to build the world’s best Rotorcraft, as we have done for the past 55 years. I urge each of you to stand united and support each other as we make our way through this difficult time.
In conclusion, I ask all employees in the Ridley Park plant to support the leadership of UAW Local 1069 and The Boeing Company. The decisions that will be made will certainly have your best interest at heart. As we move forward from here, I know that we will continue to be the best workforce in the world!
Christopher Owens, President
UAW Local 1069
The story being referred to was covered by HeliHub.com at 37 arrests at Chinook plant on drugs charges
- PAvCon Police Aviation Conference starts in Austria on Tuesday
- HeliRussia – First Kamov Ka62 to fly by August
- HeliRussia – Transas Aviation to provide locally-made GPS for Bell 407, 429
- HeliRussia – Exclases Holdings signs for a GrandNew
- HeliRussia – Exclases signs for five AW139s
- HeliRussia – Russia-Peru certification agreement opens up opportunties for Helisur
- HeliRussia – Russian Helicopters signs agreement with PANH Helicopters
- HeliRussia – Bell expands in Russia
- Helipad in Woodruff to be Discussed Again
- Dart launches Rear Locker Extender for B206 and B407
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M for long-lead V-22 components
- Night Flight Concepts Launches Industry Specific NVIS Solution Programs
- Kaweah Delta hosts helipad completion celebration
- Register Update – USA – week to 12 May 2013
- Breeze-Eastern to Design and Produce New Winch for MV-22
- RBC makes C$500K donation to STARS
- TAI shows R300 unmanned helicopter
- FLIR Systems awarded $81M US Army contract
- Royal Canadian Air Force begins TigerEx 2013
- Helmet saves Otago helicopter pilot’s life