The newspaper Sydsvenskan states that the National Police Board (Rikspolisstyrelsen, RPS) has decided to purchase a seventh helicopter for a new base in SkÃ¥ne. The National Criminal Police (Rikskriminalen) has been assigned the duty to establish a new station for the Swedish Police Wing in southern Sweden, and to buy the new helicopter. The expansion of the aviation service was agreed upon during a meeting this Thursday.
The enlargement of the fleet saves the helicopter station in Ã–stersund, which ran the risk of being closed and moved to SkÃ¥ne.
The Swedish Police Wing operates a fleet of six EC135s from four bases throughout Sweden: Boden, Gothenburg, Stockholm and Ã–stersund. It has a seventh helicopter, a Jet Ranger, which is used for training duties at the base in Gothenburg.
The organization originally operated seven EC135s out of five air stations (MalmÃ¶/SkÃ¥ne included), but one aircraft was lost in a tragic accident in Gothenburg in 2007. The SkÃ¥ne based helicopter was subsequently moved to Gothenburg, and the MalmÃ¶ base was closed.
The Swedish Police operates its own helicopter unit since nearly half a century back. The Police Wing (Polisflyget) is subordinated the National Criminal Police and employs roughly 35 officers.
Reproduced from Nordic Rotors with permission. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Nordic Rotors
Photo: Rickard Gilberg – Nordic Rotors
- HTM takes delivery of first H135 in wind farm support
- Australia accepts first EC135 for HATS training program
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot retires after 23 years and over 7,000 missions
- FAA certifies Latituide IONode FDM system for EC135
- Nova Systems joins with Starspeed on EC135 ops
- Lower Saxony Police to receive two EC135P2e, replacing 365C Dauphins
- Erlanger Life Force to add another H135
- Indonesia – Lion Group to receive Airbus EC135P2e
- New Wales Air Ambulance HQ under construction in Llanelli
- Devon Air Ambulance Trust wins business award
- Airbus reveals H135 Bluecopter technology demonstrator
- Life saving Thames Valley Air Ambulance win Pride of Bucks award
- Wales Air Ambulance launches £500K hangar fundraising push
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance opens upgraded base and training facility
- Why Ontario Provincial Police is Centralizing Helicopter Maintenance
- Ontario Provincial Police to consolidate maintenance and extend flying hours
- Nova Systems buys Airbus H135 to enhance its Flight Test capability
- Uber brings helicopter rental service to Shanghai and Hangzhou
- Metro Aviation delivers H135 to Northwest MedStar
- First test landing at new Southern General Hospital helipad in Glasgow