The newspaper Sydsvenskan states that the National Police Board (Rikspolisstyrelsen, RPS) has decided to purchase a seventh helicopter for a new base in SkÃ¥ne. The National Criminal Police (Rikskriminalen) has been assigned the duty to establish a new station for the Swedish Police Wing in southern Sweden, and to buy the new helicopter. The expansion of the aviation service was agreed upon during a meeting this Thursday.
The enlargement of the fleet saves the helicopter station in Ã–stersund, which ran the risk of being closed and moved to SkÃ¥ne.
The Swedish Police Wing operates a fleet of six EC135s from four bases throughout Sweden: Boden, Gothenburg, Stockholm and Ã–stersund. It has a seventh helicopter, a Jet Ranger, which is used for training duties at the base in Gothenburg.
The organization originally operated seven EC135s out of five air stations (MalmÃ¶/SkÃ¥ne included), but one aircraft was lost in a tragic accident in Gothenburg in 2007. The SkÃ¥ne based helicopter was subsequently moved to Gothenburg, and the MalmÃ¶ base was closed.
The Swedish Police operates its own helicopter unit since nearly half a century back. The Police Wing (Polisflyget) is subordinated the National Criminal Police and employs roughly 35 officers.
Reproduced from Nordic Rotors with permission. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Nordic Rotors
Photo: Rickard Gilberg – Nordic Rotors
- UK Police evolves as two more bases close as planned
- Midlands Air Ambulance celebrates 25 years
- Urals Civil Aviation Plant signs deals with Airbus Helicopters and Turbomeca
- FinnHEMS 2015 figures – 5% less responses, 6% more patients treated
- Great Western Air Ambulance has record year in 2015
- Devon Air Ambulance helps launch Master’s Degree course for Paramedic air crew
- Bond extends offshore Irish EC135 contract for another five years
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance wins regional awards
- Bell prepares to fly 300th 429
- East Texas Medical Center celebrates 30 years of Air 1
- 18-Nov-15 N36RX Eurocopter EC135P2e Apple Valley, US-California
- 07-Oct-15 VH-GKK Airbus EC135T1 Cooranbong, Australia (3F)
- Airbus to set up Chinese H135 production line – 100 unit commitment helps
- Metro Aviation starts contract with Cooper University Health Care
- Bright colours revealed for EC135 for Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance
- Midwest MedAir brings new EC135 to Columbus
- Great Western Air Ambulance celebates one year of EC135
- CALSTAR orders five H135
- Massachusetts State Police choses Helicopter Flight Training Center
- Chicago Helicopter Experience Launches CHE Premier Charter Service