The newspaper Sydsvenskan states that the National Police Board (Rikspolisstyrelsen, RPS) has decided to purchase a seventh helicopter for a new base in SkÃ¥ne. The National Criminal Police (Rikskriminalen) has been assigned the duty to establish a new station for the Swedish Police Wing in southern Sweden, and to buy the new helicopter. The expansion of the aviation service was agreed upon during a meeting this Thursday.
The enlargement of the fleet saves the helicopter station in Ã–stersund, which ran the risk of being closed and moved to SkÃ¥ne.
The Swedish Police Wing operates a fleet of six EC135s from four bases throughout Sweden: Boden, Gothenburg, Stockholm and Ã–stersund. It has a seventh helicopter, a Jet Ranger, which is used for training duties at the base in Gothenburg.
The organization originally operated seven EC135s out of five air stations (MalmÃ¶/SkÃ¥ne included), but one aircraft was lost in a tragic accident in Gothenburg in 2007. The SkÃ¥ne based helicopter was subsequently moved to Gothenburg, and the MalmÃ¶ base was closed.
The Swedish Police operates its own helicopter unit since nearly half a century back. The Police Wing (Polisflyget) is subordinated the National Criminal Police and employs roughly 35 officers.
Reproduced from Nordic Rotors with permission. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Nordic Rotors
Photo: Rickard Gilberg – Nordic Rotors
- Spain – Airbus delivers Police EC135 to Police and AS355NP to Road Traffic Authority
- Airbus Helicopters extends German Army EC135 support by seven years
- Brazil – Receita Federal adds EC135T2+ in Parana state
- First enhanced EC135 T3/P3 enters service with Aiut Alpin Dolomites
- New Yale-New Haven Hospital helicopter equipped for critical care
- Staten Island University Hospital Gets New Emergency Helicopter
- FlightSafety and Air Methods announce a new Learning Center in Colorado
- Airbus Helicopters Canada Delivers EC130to Blackcomb Aviation
- UK – Midlands Air Ambulance Launches New Volunteering Drive
- Dyfed-Powys Police helicopter to stay in the sky
- Boeing to Train Australian Army and Navy Helicopter Pilots for Next 25 Years
- Bond chooses Britannia 2000 CAMC for NPAS EC135s
- Western Power Distribution Selects EC135P2e
- Aiut Alpin Dolomites receives first EC135 T3/P3
- Metro delivers its 200th EC135 completion
- Head-on collision is 20,000th mission for Wales Air Ambulance
- New training system for ADF helicopter crews
- Airbus Helicopters’ EC135 T3/P3 Receives EASA Certification
- Great Western Air Ambulance upgrades to EC135
- Airbus to move helicopter production from Germany to France?