The newspaper Sydsvenskan states that the National Police Board (Rikspolisstyrelsen, RPS) has decided to purchase a seventh helicopter for a new base in SkÃ¥ne. The National Criminal Police (Rikskriminalen) has been assigned the duty to establish a new station for the Swedish Police Wing in southern Sweden, and to buy the new helicopter. The expansion of the aviation service was agreed upon during a meeting this Thursday.
The enlargement of the fleet saves the helicopter station in Ã–stersund, which ran the risk of being closed and moved to SkÃ¥ne.
The Swedish Police Wing operates a fleet of six EC135s from four bases throughout Sweden: Boden, Gothenburg, Stockholm and Ã–stersund. It has a seventh helicopter, a Jet Ranger, which is used for training duties at the base in Gothenburg.
The organization originally operated seven EC135s out of five air stations (MalmÃ¶/SkÃ¥ne included), but one aircraft was lost in a tragic accident in Gothenburg in 2007. The SkÃ¥ne based helicopter was subsequently moved to Gothenburg, and the MalmÃ¶ base was closed.
The Swedish Police operates its own helicopter unit since nearly half a century back. The Police Wing (Polisflyget) is subordinated the National Criminal Police and employs roughly 35 officers.
Reproduced from Nordic Rotors with permission. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Nordic Rotors
Photo: Rickard Gilberg – Nordic Rotors
- Tohoku Air Service becomes first H135 operator in Japan
- Wales Air Ambulance invests in two high-tech incubators
- First British H135 military training helicopter takes to the skies
- Coptersafety orders five new Full Flight Simulators
- Pratt and Whitney Canada congratulates Airbus on 20 years of EC135
- FlightSafety to offer NVG training on simulators
- UK military picks Safran Turbomeca engines for EC135 training fleet
- EASA STC for Thommen searchlight on Airbus H135 imminent
- Metro Aviation completes first two H135s in USA
- CAE confirms sale and details of seven FTDs for UK
- Wales Air Ambulance to add fourth EC135
- Carabineros de Chile to receive H135
- Wales Air Ambulance moves into new HQ
- Singing River and Ochsner bring EMS EC135 to Gulf Coast
- DRF changes supplier for H135 EMS interiors
- BHS Helicopterservice partners with jet operator DC Aviation
- Pacific Crown Helicopters win new helicopter maintenance approvals
- Airbus starts new MSN series for H135 helicopters
- Airbus wins UK training contract with 29 H135s and 3 H145s
- Airbus highlights EMS capabilities at HeliRussia 2016