The newspaper Sydsvenskan states that the National Police Board (Rikspolisstyrelsen, RPS) has decided to purchase a seventh helicopter for a new base in SkÃ¥ne. The National Criminal Police (Rikskriminalen) has been assigned the duty to establish a new station for the Swedish Police Wing in southern Sweden, and to buy the new helicopter. The expansion of the aviation service was agreed upon during a meeting this Thursday.
The enlargement of the fleet saves the helicopter station in Ã–stersund, which ran the risk of being closed and moved to SkÃ¥ne.
The Swedish Police Wing operates a fleet of six EC135s from four bases throughout Sweden: Boden, Gothenburg, Stockholm and Ã–stersund. It has a seventh helicopter, a Jet Ranger, which is used for training duties at the base in Gothenburg.
The organization originally operated seven EC135s out of five air stations (MalmÃ¶/SkÃ¥ne included), but one aircraft was lost in a tragic accident in Gothenburg in 2007. The SkÃ¥ne based helicopter was subsequently moved to Gothenburg, and the MalmÃ¶ base was closed.
The Swedish Police operates its own helicopter unit since nearly half a century back. The Police Wing (Polisflyget) is subordinated the National Criminal Police and employs roughly 35 officers.
Reproduced from Nordic Rotors with permission. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Nordic Rotors
Photo: Rickard Gilberg – Nordic Rotors
- Life saving Thames Valley Air Ambulance win Pride of Bucks award
- Wales Air Ambulance launches £500K hangar fundraising push
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance opens upgraded base and training facility
- Why Ontario Provincial Police is Centralizing Helicopter Maintenance
- Ontario Provincial Police to consolidate maintenance and extend flying hours
- Nova Systems buys Airbus H135 to enhance its Flight Test capability
- Uber brings helicopter rental service to Shanghai and Hangzhou
- Metro Aviation delivers H135 to Northwest MedStar
- First test landing at new Southern General Hospital helipad in Glasgow
- Aerial Power Lines orders two H135s from Airbus Helicopters
- Norsk luftambulanse orders three Airbus Helicopters H135s
- Metro Aviation delivers Sweet Sixteen refurbishment to First Flight
- Aerometals completes purchase of FDC/aerofilters, Announces Name Change
- Aviation Specialties Unlimited / HeliAir Obtain EC135 EASA STC
- Flightsafety And Air Methods To Significantly Enhance Training For Single-Engine Helicopters with Level D Qualified Simulators
- EASA approves VIH Aerospace EC135 bubble window
- PARIS TN: Hospital picks Vanderbilt for air ambulance
- 26-Feb-15 N834CS Airbus EC13P2e Vacaville, US-California
- Airbus Helicopters drops PW210E engine option for X4
- Indra to supply EC135 simulator to Spanish Army in €14.4m contract