The newspaper Sydsvenskan states that the National Police Board (Rikspolisstyrelsen, RPS) has decided to purchase a seventh helicopter for a new base in SkÃ¥ne. The National Criminal Police (Rikskriminalen) has been assigned the duty to establish a new station for the Swedish Police Wing in southern Sweden, and to buy the new helicopter. The expansion of the aviation service was agreed upon during a meeting this Thursday.
The enlargement of the fleet saves the helicopter station in Ã–stersund, which ran the risk of being closed and moved to SkÃ¥ne.
The Swedish Police Wing operates a fleet of six EC135s from four bases throughout Sweden: Boden, Gothenburg, Stockholm and Ã–stersund. It has a seventh helicopter, a Jet Ranger, which is used for training duties at the base in Gothenburg.
The organization originally operated seven EC135s out of five air stations (MalmÃ¶/SkÃ¥ne included), but one aircraft was lost in a tragic accident in Gothenburg in 2007. The SkÃ¥ne based helicopter was subsequently moved to Gothenburg, and the MalmÃ¶ base was closed.
The Swedish Police operates its own helicopter unit since nearly half a century back. The Police Wing (Polisflyget) is subordinated the National Criminal Police and employs roughly 35 officers.
Reproduced from Nordic Rotors with permission. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Nordic Rotors
Photo: Rickard Gilberg – Nordic Rotors
Swedish Police to add seventh base and another EC135
- Airbus Helicopters drops PW210E engine option for X4
- Indra to supply EC135 simulator to Spanish Army in €14.4m contract
- Management buy PDG Helicopters for £20M+
- UK – South Wales Police ASU joins NPAS
- 03-Feb-15 N105VU Eurocopter EC135T2+ Nashville, US-Tennessee
- Onboard Systems to provide EC145T2 cargo hook to Airbus
- New EC145T2 arrives with Bond Air Services
- Uni-Fly wins UK windfarm contract with Dong Energy
- Paradigm Aerospace completes ADS-B Out certification on EC135
- Starspeed Welcomes Three New Pilots
- Airbus fleet passes 10 million flight hours on offshore ops
- Metro Aviation delivers fourth EC135 to Massachusetts State Police
- 04-Jan-15 G-EMAA Eurocopter EC135T2 Biddulph, UK
- Spain – Airbus delivers Police EC135 to Police and AS355NP to Road Traffic Authority
- Airbus Helicopters extends German Army EC135 support by seven years
- 15-Dec-14 348 Eurocopter EC135 Lacul Siutghiol, Romania (4F)
- Brazil – Receita Federal adds EC135T2+ in Parana state
- 12-Dec-14 Eurocopter EC635T2+ Samarra, Iraq (2F)
- First enhanced EC135 T3/P3 enters service with Aiut Alpin Dolomites
- New Yale-New Haven Hospital helicopter equipped for critical care