RLC, the largest privately-held helicopter operator in the Gulf of Mexico, today announced it has signed a four-year contract with FlightSafety International, the world’s leading aviation training company and provider of flight simulators and advanced flight training devices used by the aviation industry, governments and military agencies worldwide. This agreement extends a relationship between RLC and FlightSafety International that has been in place since 2010.
Under the terms of the agreement, RLC’s team of more than 100 FAA-licensed pilots will use advanced flight training devices (FTDs) located at FlightSafety’s Lafayette, Louisiana Learning Center as part of the company’s comprehensive helicopter training program. All RLC pilots receive continuous, in-house, FAA-approved training to ensure stringent performance standards. New pilots go through recurrent training after six months — then annually thereafter.
“We are committed to having the most qualified, best-trained pilots in the Gulf,” said Dru Milke, CEO of RLC. “FlightSafety’s world-class flight simulators offer our pilots the opportunity to actively train under a variety of simulated real-world conditions, honing their skills and equipping them to ensure the comfort and safety of our customers and staff in a wide variety of flight situations.”
“FlightSafety’s simulators are an integral part of industry-leading flight training programs worldwide,” said Ampy Calatayud, Manager of FlightSafety’s Learning Center in Lafayette, Louisiana. “FlightSafety is proud to serve RLC and to provide its pilots with access to advanced technology flight simulators and training devices that will further enhance the company’s robust pilot training program.”
RLC’s training team is housed in the company’s newly constructed, state-of-the-art training facility and is led by a full-time director of training and supported by a staff of instructor pilots. In addition to rigorous flight training, all RLC pilots are trained in customer service and are expected to build and maintain strong relationships with RLC customers.
FlightSafety International is the world’s premier professional aviation training company and supplier of flight simulators, visual systems and displays to commercial, government and military organizations. The company provides more than a million hours of training each year to pilots, technicians and other aviation professionals from 154 countries and independent territories. FlightSafety operates the world’s largest fleet of advanced full flight simulators at Learning Centers and training locations in Asia, Europe, North and South America, the Pacific Rim, South Africa and the United Kingdom.
RLC, the largest privately-held helicopter operator in the Gulf of Mexico, is committed to being the industry’s most efficient and customer-focused company. Serving high-performance energy services providers and oil and gas producers, RLC’s fleet of offshore-equipped helicopters transport personnel and equipment to offshore production platforms and drilling rigs with the highest levels of safety, performance and service. By going above and beyond every time, RLC helps its customers move their businesses forward. For more information, visit http://www.rlcllc.net .
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 40
- Helicopter ambulance service soon in Tamil Nadu
- Black Hawk marks 40 years service and prepares for another 50
- CHC 14th Safety & Quality Summit Less than a Month Away