RLC, the largest privately-held helicopter operator in the Gulf of Mexico, today announced it has signed a four-year contract with FlightSafety International, the world’s leading aviation training company and provider of flight simulators and advanced flight training devices used by the aviation industry, governments and military agencies worldwide. This agreement extends a relationship between RLC and FlightSafety International that has been in place since 2010.
Under the terms of the agreement, RLC’s team of more than 100 FAA-licensed pilots will use advanced flight training devices (FTDs) located at FlightSafety’s Lafayette, Louisiana Learning Center as part of the company’s comprehensive helicopter training program. All RLC pilots receive continuous, in-house, FAA-approved training to ensure stringent performance standards. New pilots go through recurrent training after six months — then annually thereafter.
“We are committed to having the most qualified, best-trained pilots in the Gulf,” said Dru Milke, CEO of RLC. “FlightSafety’s world-class flight simulators offer our pilots the opportunity to actively train under a variety of simulated real-world conditions, honing their skills and equipping them to ensure the comfort and safety of our customers and staff in a wide variety of flight situations.”
“FlightSafety’s simulators are an integral part of industry-leading flight training programs worldwide,” said Ampy Calatayud, Manager of FlightSafety’s Learning Center in Lafayette, Louisiana. “FlightSafety is proud to serve RLC and to provide its pilots with access to advanced technology flight simulators and training devices that will further enhance the company’s robust pilot training program.”
RLC’s training team is housed in the company’s newly constructed, state-of-the-art training facility and is led by a full-time director of training and supported by a staff of instructor pilots. In addition to rigorous flight training, all RLC pilots are trained in customer service and are expected to build and maintain strong relationships with RLC customers.
FlightSafety International is the world’s premier professional aviation training company and supplier of flight simulators, visual systems and displays to commercial, government and military organizations. The company provides more than a million hours of training each year to pilots, technicians and other aviation professionals from 154 countries and independent territories. FlightSafety operates the world’s largest fleet of advanced full flight simulators at Learning Centers and training locations in Asia, Europe, North and South America, the Pacific Rim, South Africa and the United Kingdom.
RLC, the largest privately-held helicopter operator in the Gulf of Mexico, is committed to being the industry’s most efficient and customer-focused company. Serving high-performance energy services providers and oil and gas producers, RLC’s fleet of offshore-equipped helicopters transport personnel and equipment to offshore production platforms and drilling rigs with the highest levels of safety, performance and service. By going above and beyond every time, RLC helps its customers move their businesses forward. For more information, visit http://www.rlcllc.net .
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion