RLC, the largest privately-held helicopter operator in the Gulf of Mexico, today announced it has signed a four-year contract with FlightSafety International, the world’s leading aviation training company and provider of flight simulators and advanced flight training devices used by the aviation industry, governments and military agencies worldwide. This agreement extends a relationship between RLC and FlightSafety International that has been in place since 2010.
Under the terms of the agreement, RLC’s team of more than 100 FAA-licensed pilots will use advanced flight training devices (FTDs) located at FlightSafety’s Lafayette, Louisiana Learning Center as part of the company’s comprehensive helicopter training program. All RLC pilots receive continuous, in-house, FAA-approved training to ensure stringent performance standards. New pilots go through recurrent training after six months — then annually thereafter.
“We are committed to having the most qualified, best-trained pilots in the Gulf,” said Dru Milke, CEO of RLC. “FlightSafety’s world-class flight simulators offer our pilots the opportunity to actively train under a variety of simulated real-world conditions, honing their skills and equipping them to ensure the comfort and safety of our customers and staff in a wide variety of flight situations.”
“FlightSafety’s simulators are an integral part of industry-leading flight training programs worldwide,” said Ampy Calatayud, Manager of FlightSafety’s Learning Center in Lafayette, Louisiana. “FlightSafety is proud to serve RLC and to provide its pilots with access to advanced technology flight simulators and training devices that will further enhance the company’s robust pilot training program.”
RLC’s training team is housed in the company’s newly constructed, state-of-the-art training facility and is led by a full-time director of training and supported by a staff of instructor pilots. In addition to rigorous flight training, all RLC pilots are trained in customer service and are expected to build and maintain strong relationships with RLC customers.
FlightSafety International is the world’s premier professional aviation training company and supplier of flight simulators, visual systems and displays to commercial, government and military organizations. The company provides more than a million hours of training each year to pilots, technicians and other aviation professionals from 154 countries and independent territories. FlightSafety operates the world’s largest fleet of advanced full flight simulators at Learning Centers and training locations in Asia, Europe, North and South America, the Pacific Rim, South Africa and the United Kingdom.
RLC, the largest privately-held helicopter operator in the Gulf of Mexico, is committed to being the industry’s most efficient and customer-focused company. Serving high-performance energy services providers and oil and gas producers, RLC’s fleet of offshore-equipped helicopters transport personnel and equipment to offshore production platforms and drilling rigs with the highest levels of safety, performance and service. By going above and beyond every time, RLC helps its customers move their businesses forward. For more information, visit http://www.rlcllc.net .
- Eagle Australasia appointed Garmin Authorised Dealer
- CopterSafety upgrades AW139 simulator with Phase 7 avionics
- Australian Army extends contract with Rockwell Collins
- First Female Pilot for Colombian Army
- CHC announce keynote speaker for Safety & Quality Summit
- Bell and Safran Announce Shared Vision for On-Demand Mobility
- Mi-171A2 is Planned to be Certified in India
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023