A long awaited event for Southampton General Hospital, and for HIOWAA, took place today. The new Helipad, which has been built on the multi story car park, opened with the first landing by the HIOWAA aircraft. There were many people there to see it, including members of the Hampshire media, and individuals from both SGH and the Help Appeal, who had been instrumental in bringing the helipad to fruition.
The crew of Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance came in to land on the new helipad at exactly 10.00am on Thursday 17th Nov 2011, and were called out again almost immediately to a genuine mission, a transfer from the Isle of Wight.
This facility at SGH will prove to be an enormous advantage to the people of Hampshire and the Isle of Wight, by cutting anything up to half an hour off their journey to hospital, as the transfer by land ambulance from the secondary landing site at Lordshill is no longer necessary. This will have a dramatic impact on the outcomes for patients. More information about the helipad can be found here.
- East Anglian Air Ambulance founder awarded MBE in Queen’s Birthday honours list
- UK – East Anglian Air Ambulance to feature in BBC documentary
- Germany’s DRF Luftrettung celebrates 40 years
- Northwest MedStar adds Eurocopter EC135P2+ and new base
- Barbecue blunder forced UK hospital helipad to shut
- Germany – Heli Aviation buys EC135 simulator
- Japan Police orders two EC135s and one each EC155 and AS365N3+
- East Anglian Air Ambulance begins first UK night EMS missions
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Swiss air ambulances at war – Rega v TCS
- CALSTAR appoints new Chief Pilot
- 16-May-13 D-HLDM Eurocopter EC135P2 Ochsenfurt, Germany
- Seventeen EC135s for Turkish EMS contract
- Rescued pilot funds Midlands Air Ambulance education centre
- 07-May-13 N911ET Eurocopter EC135P2+ Tyler, US-Texas
- 06-May-13 N911SV Eurocopter EC135 Reed Point, US-Montana
- EAAA Passes CQC Inspection with Flying Colours
- UK – First test flight for EMS helipad on Isle of Wight
- West Midlands Police helicopter catches more than 500 suspects in a year
- 27-Apr-13 HB-ZJE Eurocopter EC135P1 Grenchen, Switzerland