On the occasion of the exhibition LIMA (Langkawi International Maritime & Aerospace Exhibition) in Malaysia, Turbomeca (SAFRAN Group) announced that its Arriel and Makila the 21 Malaysian Helicopter Services Helicopters (MHS), reached a million hours of flight.
MHS is now the operator of the largest civil helicopters in Malaysia.
The fleet is deployed MHS currently six bases spread in Malaysia, Mauritania and Timor.Les Arriel and Makila are mainly used for missions oil field in which MHS is the leader in Malaysia since 1983.
The entire Fleet Turbomeca at MHS operates under contract at the time of SBH ® (Service By the Hour). On average, each engine performs 1000 hours per year.
The 26 Arriel engines five and seven helicopters S76C S76C + + Sikorsky, and a Eurocopter Dauphin AS365N2. Since 1978, Turbomeca Arriel produced 10 000, accounting for 32 million flight hours, many in extreme conditions.
The Makila equip September 16 AS332 Super Puma and EC225 Eurocopter. Today, Makila 2200 were produced by Turbomeca, totaling eight million flight hours.
From left to right: O. Andries (CEO, Turbomeca), Magne F. (Director, HeliPartner Engines), G. Brohez (Director, Turbomeca Asia Pacific, Mahadi Ma'som (CEO)
- Bristow – EC225 situation will last another year or more
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- Bond enters Australian market with multi-million contract
- Helibras announces EC225/EC725 simulator
- Step Change in Safety report highlights offshore safety achievements
- Weststar Aviation Services order two Eurocopter EC225s
- Eurocopter reports on third round of EC225 tests
- UK AAIB issues EC225 investigation update
- Eurocopter creates new UK-based PR role
- Eurocopter and Milestone Aviation Group getting closer together
- Milestone orders five EC175s and more EC225s
- Turbomeca and CHC sign a major Support by the Hour Contract
- What is Eurocopter showing at Heli-Expo?
- Indra to develop EC225 simulators for Malaysia and Brazil
- Helicopter Safety Steering Group publishes findings of visit to Eurocopter
- EC225 update – North Sea delegation visiting Eurocopter this week
- EC225s to fly short crew-only flights over land
- Eurocopter’s EC225 theory not proven – more testing, more delays
- Norway – CHC Helikopter Service secured nine contracts in 2012
- Indra delivers first helicopter full-flight simulator to be certified in China