Rotorcraft Services Group (RSG), an industry leader in helicopter and aircraft completions for 37 years, recently delivered a Eurocopter AS350B3 "VIP Air Tour" to Gateway Canyons Air Tours of Grand Junction, Colorado. RSG worked closely with the General Manager of Gateway Canyons, Deanna Strand, to configure an elegant VIP tour and transport helicopter for the Colorado skyline. Gateway Canyons Air Tours provides aerial tour and transport to the Gateway Canyons Resort in south western Colorado.
The customization project included the latest Garmin Electronic Flight Information System, the G500H. The G500H was recently approved by the FAA in a joint effort with RSG AeroDesign the holder of the Supplemental Type Certificate for installation and kits for the G500H on the AS350 and EC-130 aircraft. The G500H system with Radar Altimeter and Video Display combined with robust avionics package installed add additional safety while in the mountainous terrain. Other enhancements included the RSG Products air-conditioning system and increased baggage storage. To enhance the customer experience the ability to record and display images was added.
The four passenger seats and two crew seats were upholstered with Garret Leather to match the existing fixed wing aircraft, the additional Temperpedic foam and styling added to all the seats to maximize comfort and appearance. Loincoin flooring was used for durability while custom carpet runners were installed throughout the cabin for elegance and noise reduction, leather straps were integrated to the seats to store the crew and passenger seatbelts. The cabin was covered in Izit Leather with "Gateway Canyons Air Tours" logos stitched into the custom center headrest panel as well as the seat mounted storage and briefing pockets. The exterior of the helicopter received a vivacious paint scheme that included four colors and logo unique to the fleet.
"Working with the RSG team far exceeded my expectations in quality, service and production," commented Deanna Strand. "A phenomenal job, above and beyond anything you could imagine. Anyone can come fly with us or give me a call, I would not hesitate to recommend RSG to do their completion."
Over the past two years, Rotorcraft Services Group has assembled an extensive team of experienced industry professionals to lead the companies forward from their past histories. Each of the companies provides specific and specialized services and products to the rotorcraft industry:
- RSG Aviation, Inc. (formerly Texas Aviation Services) provides completions, modifications, maintenance, painting, interiors, cabinetry, component overhaul and parts distribution on the AgustaWestland, Bell Helicopter TEXTRON and Eurocopter product lines under its FAA Certified Repair Station (RV1R466K). The company is also an approved Customer Service Facility for both AgustaWestland and Bell Helicopter.
- RSG Products, Inc. (formerly Integrated Flight Systems, Inc.) manufactures proprietary air conditioning, Garmin G500H kits and video systems, as well as producing parts under contract for other STC holders, under its FAA Parts Manufacturing Approval (PMA) authority.
- RSG AeroDesign, LLC provides aviation product design and certification services for both rotorcraft and fixed wing aircraft and recently completed a STC for installation of the Garmin G500H in the AS350 B2/B3 and EC130 helicopters.
All of the companies operate from the group's Fort Worth Meacham Field facilities which incorporate nearly 175,000 ft(2) under-roof space in four hangars on the south end of the airport. Additional information is available on the Web atwww.rotorcraftservices.com, www.rsgaviation.com and www.rsgaerodesign.com
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- SHG receives its 70th Eurocopter
- New Helicopter Base in Valdosta Aimed at Saving Lives
- Sky Tech joins Turbomeca Certified Maintenance Center Network
- RSG delivers newly completed AS350B3e to Guatemala
- ANAC approves Dart’s full emergency litter kit for AS350/355
- 08-May-13 PT-HML Eurocopter AS350 Morro da Urca HP, Brazil
- 02-May-13 PP-EIH Eurocopter AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 02-May-13 N209LF Eurocopter EC130 Walnut Hill, US-Florida
- Regular sightseeing tours start in London
- Huntsville Hospital’s AS350 now carrying blood
- 30-Apr-13 C-FINX Eurocopter AS350BA Godbout, Canada
- Helibras selects Safran Engineering Services as system integrator
- 27-Apr-13 LN-OVO Eurocopter AS350B3 Roldal, Norway
- Metro Aviation delivers AS350 to EagleMed
- Nepal’s Fishtail Air adds an AS350B3+
- Brazil’s State of Pará orders two AS350B2
- Coast to Coast Helicopters adds two AS350B3e to Mustang fleet
- New AS350 for Castleview Hospital
- 09-Apr-13 C-GZBA Eurocopter AS350B3e Tenquille Lake, Canada