In a ceremony on Tuesday at Warsaw’s Okecie Airport, the Polish Air Force VIP squadron 36SPLT (Specjalnego PuÅ‚ku Lotnictwa Transportowego = Special Air Transport Regiment) was disbanded.
The ceremony was attended by Deputy Minister of Defence Czeslaw Mroczek, Chief of General Staff of the Polish Army General Mieczyslaw Cieniuch, Air Force Commander Lt. Gen. pil. Lech Majewski, representatives of the Prime Minister, the Sejm and the Polish Senate, local authorities, directors of companies and institutions who have worked with 36SPLT , representatives of the uniformed services, clergy, associations, veterans, retired military, former professional soldiers at rest and Reserve and their families.
The announcement of the disbandment was made back in August last year following the investigation report into the crash of one of the unit’s Tupolev Tu154 which crashed in April 2010 at Smolensk in Russia killing all 96 on board – including the country’s President, his wife and various high-ranking military and political leaders.Â The report put the majority of the blame on Polish officials and procedures, although not absolving Russian ATC or the weather for contributing.Â This led to the resignation of Polish Defence Minister Bogdan Klich.
Aside from a range of fixed-wing aircraft, 36SPLT operated Mil Mi-8 and Pezetel W-3 Sokol helicopters as well as a pair of Bell 412s, one of which is seen in the accompanying photo.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Abu Dhabi Aviation reaches 1,000,000 hours on Bell fleet
- Bell launches 412SP to 412HP upgrade kit
- Canada approves Onboard Systems Non-Rotating Cargo Hooks for Bell 204, 205, 212, 412
- Bell approves VIH Aerospace Bell-Medium Tailboom Fixture
- Able Doubles Hydraulics Facility and Adds New Servo Capabilities
- Aichi Prefecture signs for Bell 412EPI
- Vector to support Eagle Copter PT6T Engines
- Bell report 2015 production data
- Trakka announces pending FAA and EASA STCs
- CAE awarded contract to provide Bell 412/429 helicopter simulator to Canadian Coast Guard
- Bell provide full details of Heli-Expo display
- Bell delivers 412EP to Government of Uttar Pradesh
- RACQ CareFlight Rescue marks 24 years
- FAA certifies Onboard Systems Non-Rotating hooks for Bell 204, 205, 212 and 412
- Punjab Government VVIP choice is between Mi-17 and Bell 412
- Four Bell 412EP approved for Argentina
- FlightSafety Bell 212/412 Level-D simulator enters service in Dallas
- 25-Oct-15 FAH-977 Bell 412EP Ocotepeque, Honduras
- Lord Corporation starts Bell 412 spindle exchange program
- BLR Aerospace appoints European FastFin distributor