The 19th annual STARS Lottery officially launches today with 3,200 prizes worth over $5.2 million retail. The STARS Lottery raised over $10 million net during the 2011 campaign and continues to be the single largest source of funding to keep STARS in the sky.
The STARS Lottery includes five grand prizes worth over $3.7 million retail, including four beautiful show homes in Calgary, Sylvan Lake, Sherwood Park and Lethbridge, in addition to a home away from home truck and fifth wheel worth over $129,000.
In addition to the grand and early bird prizes, there are 10 vehicles, 35 vacations, 2,223 electronic prizes and 850 other great prizes including cash, furniture, jewellery and luggage. Two lucky winners can also enjoy a flight of a lifetime aboard a STARS helicopter.
STARS is a charitable non-profit organization that provides service 24 hours a day, seven days a week from bases in Calgary, Edmonton and Grande Prairie.
The early bird draw is March 15, 2012, with ticket sales cut off February 29, 2012 at midnight. The final draw is set for April 12, 2012 with ticket cut-off at midnight on March 21, 2012. If tickets sell out early, all prizes will be drawn on the early bird draw on March 15, 2012 with permission from the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission. The lottery license number is 321298.
The faster the STARS Lottery sells out, the greater the net return will be to help someone in need.
- STARS receives major gift from Young’s Equipment
- Germany’s DRF Luftrettung celebrates 40 years
- New Emergency Transport Helicopter to Serve Long Beach
- RBC makes C$500K donation to STARS
- Great Slave Helicopters introduces BK117
- Regular sightseeing tours start in London
- 16-Apr-13 N911CH Eurocopter BK117B1 Cumberland, US-Maine
- 05-Apr-12 Eurocopter BK117 Parsdorf, Germany
- True Blue Power Paving the Way for Certified Lithium-ion Products in Aviation
- 03-Apr-13 ZK-IBK Eurocopter BK117 Wellington, New Zealand
- 29-Mar-13 C-FKCM Eurocopter BK117 Calgary, Canada
- STARS begins night missions from Saskatoon base
- 15-Feb-13 VH-VSA Eurocopter BK117B2 Port Pirie, Australia
- 15-Feb-13 D-HDRJ Eurocopter BK117C1 Mitterberg, Austria
- Rockford Memorial Hospital prepares for full return of REACT
- Alberta Health Services moves STARS BK117 to Edmonton Airport
- Kawasaki completes 1,000th BK117/EC145 airframe
- Funding boost for Queensland’s EMS operations
- 10-Dec-12 N911BK Eurocopter BK117B3 Rochelle, US-Illinois (3F)
- CareFlight to fly more children across New South Wales