Frasca International has contracted with the NATO Maintenance & Supply Agency (NAMSA) to deliver two new Helicopter Flight Training Devices (FTDs) to the German Federal Police (BPOL) for the Eurocopter EC155 and AS332 helicopters and to upgrade BPOL’s existing Frasca-built Eurocopter EC135 FTD to have common technical standards with the new FTDs.
All three devices will get a qualification according to the new EASA rules by the LBA after being installed by Frasca at BPOL’s new Simulator Centre in Sankt Augustin, Germany which is scheduled to open in July of 2013. BPOL received dual certification for their existing EC-135 helicopter device as a JAR-FSTD H FTD 2 and FNPT III MCC in July of 2009. The first new device will be delivered in 2013.
Features of the two new FTDs will include; NVG cockpit, visual display and Instructor Operator Station (IOS), control loading, realistic vibration cues, daylight illumination, 200° x 68° visual display with auto alignment, geo-specific visual database for all of Germany including airports, hospitals, and maritime features, civil SAR & police mission training, cockpit video (full frontal view), 3rd IOS monitor for video, chase plane view, instrument repeaters, etc., separate debriefing stations, and more. The upgraded EC135 FTD will include all of the features of the new FTDs except NVG compatibility.
- 17-Jul-14 HL9461 Eurocopter AS365N3 Gwangju, Korea (5F)
- UF Health celebrates the arrival of new ShandsCair EC155
- 26-May-14 N365WM Eurocopter AS365N2 Constantine, US-Michigan
- UK – Great North Air Ambulance opens new base at Newcastle Airport
- 08-May-14 TU-HAA Eurocopter AS365N Takoradi, Ghana (4F)
- Ivory Coast – IAS becomes first Airbus maintenance centre in Western and Central Africa
- 01-May-14 F-GVFE Eurocopter AS365N Maripasoula, French Guiana
- Peru – Heliflight orders two EC145s and one EC155
- Tradewind International buys two CHC Dauphins for parting out
- Airbus Helicopters highlights 30 years of Middle East military support at DIMDEX
- Airbus Helicopters takes NH90 and AS565 models to DIMDEX exhibition
- 22-Mar-14 SE-JRB Eurocopter AS365N3 Gallivare, Sweden
- Helibras begin to deliver upgraded AS565 Panther K2 to Brazilian Army
- 02-Mar-14 Eurocopter MH-65C Washington Island, US-Wisconsin
- Rockwell Collins to provide US Coast Guard MH-65E fleet Radar Sensor System solution
- Westpac Life Saver Rescue Helicopter flies 7500th mission
- Turbomeca signs first SBH contract for Indian offshore operation
- 21-Jan-14 6578 Eurocopter HH-65C New Haven Township, US-Michigan
- 18-Jan-14 VT-ELD Eurocopter AS365N Birbhum, India
- 04-Jan-14 ZS-HOS Eurocopter AS365 Cape Town, South Africa