Frasca International has contracted with the NATO Maintenance & Supply Agency (NAMSA) to deliver two new Helicopter Flight Training Devices (FTDs) to the German Federal Police (BPOL) for the Eurocopter EC155 and AS332 helicopters and to upgrade BPOL’s existing Frasca-built Eurocopter EC135 FTD to have common technical standards with the new FTDs.
All three devices will get a qualification according to the new EASA rules by the LBA after being installed by Frasca at BPOL’s new Simulator Centre in Sankt Augustin, Germany which is scheduled to open in July of 2013. BPOL received dual certification for their existing EC-135 helicopter device as a JAR-FSTD H FTD 2 and FNPT III MCC in July of 2009. The first new device will be delivered in 2013.
Features of the two new FTDs will include; NVG cockpit, visual display and Instructor Operator Station (IOS), control loading, realistic vibration cues, daylight illumination, 200° x 68° visual display with auto alignment, geo-specific visual database for all of Germany including airports, hospitals, and maritime features, civil SAR & police mission training, cockpit video (full frontal view), 3rd IOS monitor for video, chase plane view, instrument repeaters, etc., separate debriefing stations, and more. The upgraded EC135 FTD will include all of the features of the new FTDs except NVG compatibility.
German Federal Police order Frasca helicopter FTDs
- 02-Apr-15 PP-LLS Airbus EC155B1 Carapicuiba, Brazil (5F)
- Three Dauphin deliveries and two orders for Japanese police and fire services
- 13-Mar-15 B511 Eurocopter AS565MB Gageodo Island, Korea (4F)
- Indiana Helicopters adds AS350B3e and AS365N2
- Management buy PDG Helicopters for £20M+
- Italy – Hoverfly to replace AS365 with AW169
- Indonesian Navy orders 11 Airbus AS565MBe Panther
- Airbus Helicopters at Indo Defence 2014
- Bond to move Blackpool rig support flights to Warton
- UK – Bond prepares for threatened closure of Blackpool base
- Miami Valley Hospital CareFlight begins service with AS365 N3+
- Metro Aviation receives STC for AS365 N3+
- 17-Jul-14 HL9461 Eurocopter AS365N3 Gwangju, Korea (5F)
- UF Health celebrates the arrival of new ShandsCair EC155
- 26-May-14 N365WM Eurocopter AS365N2 Constantine, US-Michigan
- UK – Great North Air Ambulance opens new base at Newcastle Airport
- 08-May-14 TU-HAA Eurocopter AS365N Takoradi, Ghana (4F)
- Ivory Coast – IAS becomes first Airbus maintenance centre in Western and Central Africa
- 01-May-14 F-GVFE Eurocopter AS365N Maripasoula, French Guiana
- Peru – Heliflight orders two EC145s and one EC155