Frasca International has contracted with the NATO Maintenance & Supply Agency (NAMSA) to deliver two new Helicopter Flight Training Devices (FTDs) to the German Federal Police (BPOL) for the Eurocopter EC155 and AS332 helicopters and to upgrade BPOL’s existing Frasca-built Eurocopter EC135 FTD to have common technical standards with the new FTDs.
All three devices will get a qualification according to the new EASA rules by the LBA after being installed by Frasca at BPOL’s new Simulator Centre in Sankt Augustin, Germany which is scheduled to open in July of 2013. BPOL received dual certification for their existing EC-135 helicopter device as a JAR-FSTD H FTD 2 and FNPT III MCC in July of 2009. The first new device will be delivered in 2013.
Features of the two new FTDs will include; NVG cockpit, visual display and Instructor Operator Station (IOS), control loading, realistic vibration cues, daylight illumination, 200° x 68° visual display with auto alignment, geo-specific visual database for all of Germany including airports, hospitals, and maritime features, civil SAR & police mission training, cockpit video (full frontal view), 3rd IOS monitor for video, chase plane view, instrument repeaters, etc., separate debriefing stations, and more. The upgraded EC135 FTD will include all of the features of the new FTDs except NVG compatibility.
- 09-Jun-17 902 Airbus AS565MB Varna, Bulgaria (1F)
- 30-May-17 Airbus AS365N3 Moorea, French Polynesia
- 27-May-17 VT-ENX Airbus AS365N Ahmedabad, India
- 20-May-17 6595 Airbus HH-65 Berkeley, US-California
- Babcock rotates UK Dauphin N3 fleet
- £1 Million is not enough for Great North Air Ambulance
- Heli-One contracted by UAE military for Ariel and Manila support
- S.A.F.E. Structure awarded US Coast Guard – Miami contract for MH-65 check stands
- Mahindra to make parts for Airbus AS565MBe Panther
- Pacific Crown Helicopters win new helicopter maintenance approvals
- Great North Air Ambulance to feature in second series of Air Ambulance ER
- Airbus Helicopters takes six aircraft to FIDAE
- 11-Mar-16 Eurocopter AS365N Shimen, Taiwan (2F)
- Trakka announces pending FAA and EASA STCs
- US Coast Guard clocks up 1,000,000 hours with Arriel engines
- 24-Nov-15 VT-ELJ Airbus AS365N2 Meluri, India
- Bond continues Blackpool operations on smaller fleet
- 04-Nov-15 VT-PWF Airbus AS365N3 off Mumbai, India (2F)
- 03-Nov-15 VH-WPX Airbus AS365N3 Jandakot, Australia
- Breeze-Eastern announces $8.9M USCG Dolphin hoist contract