From Heli-Expo 2012, American Eurocopter today announced that it reached a corporate milestone with the delivery of its 3,000th aircraft at the end of 2011: an EC130 delivered to Air Methods Corporation, the world's largest air medical transportation provider.
“This is yet another distinguished milestone in our company’s history in the United States,” said Marc Paganini, American Eurocopter’s President and CEO. “The roots of our company go back over 40 years in the United States, but we have really defined our space in the last 20 years as American Eurocopter. Throughout our history, Air Methods has been a valued customer and a leader in the industry.”
Air Methods is the largest air medical provider in the world. The company has an extensive fleet of rotary and fixed wing aircraft. Its current helicopter fleet consists of over 400 aircraft and more than 336 of those are from American Eurocopter.
“We have a long relationship with American Eurocopter based on its industry-leading helicopters and support,” said Aaron Todd, Air Methods Corporation’s CEO. “It is important that our aircraft provide us with the performance and reliability to perform our missions and that we receive the service and support needed to keep our aircraft in the air. We congratulate American Eurocopter on this milestone”
“Over the years we have really watched each other grow,” continued Paganini. “Their continued selection of American Eurocopter shows their confidence in our company, our support and our Eurocopter helicopters.”
The EC130 that was delivered is being completed with a state-of-the-art medical interior from United Rotorcraft, a division of Air Methods. The EC130 provides unique advantages in cabin size, reliability and operational safety features that make it a logical addition to Air Methods’ single-engine air medical fleet.
Based in Englewood, Co., the company operates 306 bases in 47 states and is the largest provider of air medical transport services for hospitals through its Community- and Hospital-based Air Medical Services Division. Air Methods’ extensive fleet already includes 336 Eurocopter helicopters, including EC130s, EC135s, EC145s, AS350s, AS365s, BK117s and BO105s.
- Budget pressures for Flagler County’s Fire Flight AS350
- Nepal – Fishtail Air summarise their Spring season 2013
- 16-Jun-13 Eurocopter AS350B3 Gagariya,India
- “Head for home in IMC” – contributed to two fatal EMS accidents
- Belgium to Canada by AS350 was “on his bucket list”
- 11-Jun-13 N935EM Eurocopter AS350B2 Talihina, US-Oklahoma (1F)
- 08-Jun-13 N130PH Eurocopter EC130 Grand Canyon, US-Arizona
- 07-Jun-13 N106LN Eurocopter AS350B3 Grande Prairie, US-Texas
- Pylon Aviation places orders for six Eurocopter AS350s
- 05-Jun-13 I-LUPU Eurocopter AS350B3 Limavady, Italy
- Down one helicopter, Alaska State Troopers reorganize
- Spain – Sky Helicopters adds AS350B3e in Mallorca
- Canada – LR Helicopters take delivery of AS350B3e
- 03-Jun-13 N452LH Eurocopter AS350B2 Bethpage, US-New York
- Accident pilot’s blood alcohol test results disappear
- 30-May-13 PR-DJC Eurocopter EC130 Guaramiranga, Brazil
- Eurocopter complains about delay in Indian Army deal
- Canada – Vortex Helicopters takes delivery of AS350B3e
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- 22-May-13 Eurocopter AS350B3 Siellavagge, Sweden