From Eurocopter booth #1917 at the 2012 Heli-Expo, Era Helicopters and American Eurocopter announced Era’s acquisition of seven EC135® helicopters. With this purchase, Era’s fleet will include 17 EC135s.
“Era and American Eurocopter are committed to aviation excellence by incorporating the latest technology aircraft and training in order to provide the highest levels of safety to our respective customers,” said Marc Paganini, President and CEO of American Eurocopter.
“Era’s addition seven EC135s highlights this commitment and further reinforces our ongoing relationship with them.”
Era Helicopters is one of the world’s most experienced Eurocopter operators from the AS350 to the EC225®. It is the largest user of the EC135 in the Gulf of Mexico and continues to select the aircraft for its safety features, industry-leading avionics and rear clamshell doors.
Offshore oil exploration continues to rely on Eurocopter’s EC135 for its combination of power, performance and spacious, flexible cabin to fulfill shuttle and ferry missions. The latest versions of the aircraft, EC135 P2e and EC135 T2e, deliver a max gross weight of 6,504 lbs. and an increase in useful load of 88 lbs. The EC135 has made a name for itself in a variety of other missions in the United States, as well, including air medical, law enforcement, utility, and VIP.
- Seventeen EC135s for Turkish EMS contract
- Rescued pilot funds Midlands Air Ambulance education centre
- 06-May-13 N911SV Eurocopter EC135 Billings, US-Montana
- EAAA Passes CQC Inspection with Flying Colours
- UK – First test flight for EMS helipad on Isle of Wight
- West Midlands Police helicopter catches more than 500 suspects in a year
- 25-Apr-13 HU26-18 Eurocopter EC135P2+ Los Galayos, Spain
- ASU Completes 700th FAA Approved NVIS Modification
- Eurocopter Japan delivers EC135T2 to Shizuoka Air Commuter
- Eurocopter to offer Sandel avionics on EC135
- Metro Aviation delivers new EC135 to CALSTAR
- 12-Apr-13 G-HBOB Eurocopter EC135T2+ Sunningdale, UK
- AeroSimulators to support Bond and INAER simulators
- Wales Air Ambulance makes historic first night flight
- Unity4 brings fundraising capability to Wales Air Ambulance
- Bond extends contract with North West Air Ambulance by 7 years
- Cornwall Air Ambulance switches operator away from Bond
- Air Methods to Utilize FlightSafety’s Eurocopter EC135 Simulator
- Carilion to start construction of helicopter hangar in Lexington
- Germany – New office building for “Christoph 41″