Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation has appointed Airflite Pty Ltd. to provide sales representation covering the Australian and New Zealand regions. Sikorsky Aircraft is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp
Airflite Pty Ltd,is an Australian company with headquarters in Perth, Western Australia. Airflite will support sales initiatives on the S-76® and S-92® helicopters, with a focus on the expanding oil and gas industries in Australia's North West, state emergency services, and VIP services.
"Sikorsky Aircraft has continued to expand globally, and our efforts have demonstrated that there is a clear demand for our commercial products in the Australia and New Zealand regions," said Christophe Nurit, Vice President, Sales, Asia. "The capabilities of the S-92 helicopter, a highly capable machine for the offshore oil mission, are well established. The new S-76D helicopter is being met with great interest as well, for its power and performance that are exciting our customers even before this new aircraft is brought to market. We welcome Airflite's support in our efforts to further familiarize the operators in the region with these aircraft and in bringing them there to do these important missions."
The new generation S-76D helicopter is the newest model in the popular S-76 helicopter series. It will perform an array of civil missions including executive transport, offshore oil, emergency medical services, and a multi-mission role. Among the S-76D helicopter's features are all-composite, flaw-tolerant main rotor blades; an advanced THALES integrated avionics system and autopilot; health and usage monitoring system; active vibration control; powerful Pratt & Whitney Canada PW210S engines as standard equipment; and an optional Rotor Ice Protection System (RIPS) for all-weather capability. First customer deliveries of the new aircraft are scheduled for 2012.
S-92 helicopters perform search and rescue (SAR) missions as well as a variety of transportation missions for VIPs including Heads of State, offshore oil and gas crews, utility, and airline passengers. The worldwide fleet of 151 S-92 helicopters has accumulated more than 370,000 flight hours since deliveries began in 2004. The S-92 helicopter was certified to FAA/EASA harmonized Part 29 requirements, as amended through Amendment 47. The S-92 helicopter remains the only aircraft to have been certified to this rigorous airworthiness standard without exception or waiver.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., USA, is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., USA, provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- 23-May-13 G-XXEB Sikorsky S76C++ Denham, UK
- Mexico certifies Sikorsky S76D
- Sikorsky Aerospace and WIKING Kale Air Launch New Customer Service Center
- Helijet Expands B.C. Central Coast Presence
- AAG Offers Special Charter Rates to Avoid NYC Airport Delays
- 27-Apr-13 N305SJ Sikorsky S76B Constanza, Dominican Republic
- FlightSafety to offer Sikorsky S-76B training in Dallas
- Sikorsky Establishes Forward Stocking Location Facility in Brazil
- UK – Capital Air Services add two S76s on management
- British Columbia’s Air Ambulance audit raises questions
- 15-Mar-13 N574EH Sikorsky S76A++ Lake Charles, US-Louisiana (3F)
- 11-Mar-13 Sikorsky S76C++ Muskegon, US-Michigan
- Sikorsky recognises National Helicopter Services of Trinidad & Tobago
- Bristow awarded FAA STC for ADS-B Out solution on S76C
- ASU completes second S-76C++ NVG conversion for PHi
- Spectrum Aeromed to exhibit at Heli-Expo
- Northland Emergency Services Trust hit by theft from hangar
- HeliFlite adds third S76
- New research report issued on Sikorsky
- Geisinger Life Flight obtains FAA air carrier certificate