Discovery Air subsidiary, Great Slave Helicopters Limited (GSH) announced today that it has expanded into British Columbia with the purchase of its newest subsidiary Northern Air Support (NAS) pending approvals from the regulatory authorities. NAS is a profitable, safety-oriented helicopter charter company that has been serving its mining, forestry and oil and gas seismic clients in Western Canada for almost 20 years, from its two bases, in Kelowna, B.C., and Rocky Mountain House, Alta.
The current management team at NAS will continue providing the excellent service they are known for and the company will continue to operate independently under the name Northern Air Support.
Northern Air Support has an adaptable fleet of helicopters to deliver a variety of safe and efficient services to meet particular program requirements - from the versatile five-passenger Eurocopter AS 350B2, to the powerful, new generation, six-passenger Bell 407.
"We are very excited about being a part of the Discovery Air team," stated Mark McGowan, President of NAS. "The opportunity to be part of a larger organization with a more diverse fleet mix, combined with their international operations, will be very beneficial to NAS."
"We have been looking for a partner in the B.C. market for some time, and are very pleased to have come to an agreement with NAS," said Jeff Denomme, President of GSH. "Their team is excellent and their operations are very highly-regarded in the industry - we are really looking forward to working with them."
ABOUT DISCOVERY AIR AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES
Discovery Air Inc. is a Canadian specialty aviation company, operating over 150 aircraft with our 850 team members. We deliver airborne training to the Canadian military; airborne fire services; helicopter operations; fixed-wing air charter services; expediting and logistics support; and a range of maintenance, repair, overhaul, modification, engineering and certification services.
- Avinics Appoints New CEO Western Europe
- DART Launches Redesigned iPad App to Better Support its Customers
- Next-Generation Transponder receives DoD Certification
- Russian Helicopters congratulates winners of 21st Century Helicopters competition
- Safety Experts Join PRISM Helicopter and Business Aviation Team
- Air Comm acquires Meggitt (Addison)
- New head for Air BP
- Bristow – EC225 situation will last another year or more
- Iraqi Army receives last of 24 Bell 407s
- Argentine Air Force to add two Bell 412s
- EBACE – AgustaWestland pushes VIP-role AW169
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance goes operational
- EBACE – Bell showcases 429
- AHS – Prevailing In “Demanding Environments”
- HAI Participates at HeliRussia 2013
- Bristow publish results for Q4 and Year ended 31st March 2013
- Floating helipad returns to Destin
- 23-May-13 PNB-8302 Eurocopter Bo105 Caracas, Venezuela (5F)
- 23-May-13 G-XXEB Sikorsky S76C++ Denham, UK
- R66 lands at North Pole