Discovery Air subsidiary, Great Slave Helicopters Limited (GSH) announced today that it has expanded into British Columbia with the purchase of its newest subsidiary Northern Air Support (NAS) pending approvals from the regulatory authorities. NAS is a profitable, safety-oriented helicopter charter company that has been serving its mining, forestry and oil and gas seismic clients in WesternÂ CanadaÂ for almost 20 years, from its two bases, in Kelowna, B.C., andÂ Rocky MountainÂ House, Alta.
The current management team at NAS will continue providing the excellent service they are known for and the company will continue to operate independently under the name Northern Air Support.
Northern Air Support has an adaptable fleet of helicopters to deliver a variety of safe and efficient services to meet particular program requirements – from the versatile five-passenger Eurocopter AS 350B2, to the powerful, new generation, six-passenger Bell 407.
“We are very excited about being a part of the Discovery Air team,” stated Mark McGowan, President of NAS. “The opportunity to be part of a larger organization with a more diverse fleet mix, combined with their international operations, will be very beneficial to NAS.”
“We have been looking for a partner in the B.C. market for some time, and are very pleased to have come to an agreement with NAS,” saidÂ Jeff Denomme, President of GSH. “Their team is excellent and their operations are very highly-regarded in the industry – we are really looking forward to working with them.”
ABOUT DISCOVERY AIR AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES
Discovery Air Inc. is a Canadian specialty aviation company, operating over 150 aircraft with our 850 team members. We deliver airborne training to the Canadian military; airborne fire services; helicopter operations; fixed-wing air charter services; expediting and logistics support; and a range of maintenance, repair, overhaul, modification, engineering and certification services.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd