Discovery Air subsidiary, Great Slave Helicopters Limited (GSH) announced today that it has expanded into British Columbia with the purchase of its newest subsidiary Northern Air Support (NAS) pending approvals from the regulatory authorities. NAS is a profitable, safety-oriented helicopter charter company that has been serving its mining, forestry and oil and gas seismic clients in WesternÂ CanadaÂ for almost 20 years, from its two bases, in Kelowna, B.C., andÂ Rocky MountainÂ House, Alta.
The current management team at NAS will continue providing the excellent service they are known for and the company will continue to operate independently under the name Northern Air Support.
Northern Air Support has an adaptable fleet of helicopters to deliver a variety of safe and efficient services to meet particular program requirements – from the versatile five-passenger Eurocopter AS 350B2, to the powerful, new generation, six-passenger Bell 407.
“We are very excited about being a part of the Discovery Air team,” stated Mark McGowan, President of NAS. “The opportunity to be part of a larger organization with a more diverse fleet mix, combined with their international operations, will be very beneficial to NAS.”
“We have been looking for a partner in the B.C. market for some time, and are very pleased to have come to an agreement with NAS,” saidÂ Jeff Denomme, President of GSH. “Their team is excellent and their operations are very highly-regarded in the industry – we are really looking forward to working with them.”
ABOUT DISCOVERY AIR AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES
Discovery Air Inc. is a Canadian specialty aviation company, operating over 150 aircraft with our 850 team members. We deliver airborne training to the Canadian military; airborne fire services; helicopter operations; fixed-wing air charter services; expediting and logistics support; and a range of maintenance, repair, overhaul, modification, engineering and certification services.
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Airbus racer high-speed demonstrator passes preliminary design review milestone
- Kopter announces a first firm order with SAS from Malaysia
- Nearly 550 rotorcraft now sharing data with Airbus
- Heli-One to Install Search and Rescue Cabin Configuration for H225s