Discovery Air subsidiary, Great Slave Helicopters Limited (GSH) announced today that it has expanded into British Columbia with the purchase of its newest subsidiary Northern Air Support (NAS) pending approvals from the regulatory authorities. NAS is a profitable, safety-oriented helicopter charter company that has been serving its mining, forestry and oil and gas seismic clients in WesternÂ CanadaÂ for almost 20 years, from its two bases, in Kelowna, B.C., andÂ Rocky MountainÂ House, Alta.
The current management team at NAS will continue providing the excellent service they are known for and the company will continue to operate independently under the name Northern Air Support.
Northern Air Support has an adaptable fleet of helicopters to deliver a variety of safe and efficient services to meet particular program requirements – from the versatile five-passenger Eurocopter AS 350B2, to the powerful, new generation, six-passenger Bell 407.
“We are very excited about being a part of the Discovery Air team,” stated Mark McGowan, President of NAS. “The opportunity to be part of a larger organization with a more diverse fleet mix, combined with their international operations, will be very beneficial to NAS.”
“We have been looking for a partner in the B.C. market for some time, and are very pleased to have come to an agreement with NAS,” saidÂ Jeff Denomme, President of GSH. “Their team is excellent and their operations are very highly-regarded in the industry – we are really looking forward to working with them.”
ABOUT DISCOVERY AIR AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES
Discovery Air Inc. is a Canadian specialty aviation company, operating over 150 aircraft with our 850 team members. We deliver airborne training to the Canadian military; airborne fire services; helicopter operations; fixed-wing air charter services; expediting and logistics support; and a range of maintenance, repair, overhaul, modification, engineering and certification services.
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion