Sandel Avionics has announced it has been chosen by the Japan Ground Self Defense Force (JGSDF) to provide its 3-ATI SN3500 Primary Navigation Display and SG102 Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS) with unique Reversionary Attitude Display mode for a fleet of 30 new Enstrom 480B turbine helicopters purchased by the JGSDF. A representative of the Japanese military met with Sandel and Enstrom representatives at HAI and specified that Sandel’s package was exactly what they wanted on their new helicopter fleet. The final purchase order was submitted to Enstrom Helicopter for the fleet purchase at HAI Heli-Expo 2012. Enstrom will begin configuring the JGSDF helicopters with the Sandel products immediately and plans call for completing helicopter deliveries over the next three years.
“It was the combination of rugged construction, crisp daylight visibility, ease of operation, proven reliability in military environments, and built-in standby horizon capability that contributed to Sandel being chosen for this military contract,” said Jerry Henry, Director of Sales at Sandel. He also added “Enstrom’s ability to secure contracts with organizations such as the JGSDF speaks volumes to the quality of helicopters it produces, and we’re proud to be an Enstrom partner.”
“Sandel has been a great partner to work with on the JGSDF training program, and the SN3500 EHSI will be an excellent addition to the JGSDF’s Enstrom 480B helicopters,” said Dennis Martin, International Sales/Program Manager for Enstrom. “Not only does it have a feature-packed, modern display, it will interface with the aircraft’s TACAN system, and the Reversionary Attitude function will be a welcome safety feature. The addition of the SN3500 EHSI will really help solidify the 480B as a top-of-the-line training helicopter for the JGSDF,” he concluded.
An electronic HSI (EHSI) system that enhances mission readiness and pilot awareness, the SN3500 offers a unique combination of navigation and safety features, including compass heading, moving map, GPS flight plan, RMI and traffic display. In addition, the SN3500 was designed for compatibility with both digital and analog aircraft and helicopters. Accommodating a wide variety of sensor inputs, the SN3500’s long list of built-in features includes an internal Nav converter, internal autopilot switching, internal Jeppesen NavData™ database, and a bright, LED sunlight-readable display that provides as much usable display area as many four-inch EHSI units. Available options include satellite weather and TACAN display, and on-demand Class B NVIS compatibility.
Sandel Avionics, located in Vista, California, is a privately held company that provides embedded software for OEM applications, and compact integrated display systems for fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft in the commercial and military aftermarkets. Its products include 3-ATI and 4-ATI retrofit primary displays, Class-A fixed-wing TAWS and HeliTAWS, the helicopter industry’s first complete, all-altitude wire and terrain safety solution. Learn more at www.sandel.com or call toll-free in the U.S. at 877.726.3357.
- Enstrom provides update on their new owners
- Argentina certifies Enstrom 480B
- Enstrom selects Garmin G1000H for 480B
- Rolls-Royce delivers 31,000th M250 engine to Enstrom
- New owners at Enstrom Helicopter Corp
- 30-Nov-12 Enstrom 480B Pondok Cabe, Indonesia
- Japan accepts 10th of 30 Enstrom 480s
- Enstrom refreshes website
- Enstrom delivers last of 16 480Bs to Royal Thai Army
- Gardner Aviation Services completes 3 Enstrom 480B Garmin G-500H upgrades
- Enstrom 480B spray system certified in China
- Japan signs for another 28 Enstrom TH-480s
- 16th birthday first solo on turbine and piston helicopters
- Enstrom delivers four more 480s to Royal Thai Army
- Enstrom appoints new dealer in China
- Enstrom delivers first 280FX in four years
- Enstrom expects Japanese signature by January
- First three Enstrom 480s deliverd to Royal Thai Army
- Enstrom 480B certified in China
- Powerline detection system certified on Enstrom 480B