Cobham is providing a crucial downlink as part of a Security and Support Mission Equipment Package designed to better support law enforcement and assist during state responses. This package includes a dual channel, high resolution Cobham tactical downlink system, with both FM and COFDM links. The High Resolution Downlink enables agents or National Guardsmen on the ground to use handheld receivers to see what the helicopter’s camera is viewing. It has a range up to 30 miles and can read details of a license plate from a mile away.
The Army National Guard will receive 108 UH-72 upgraded Lakota helicopters as part of this Security and Support program and will use them to support law enforcement with a number of applications including search and rescue, homeland defense, drug interdiction and border patrol.
Cobham Tactical Communications and Surveillance Vice President Steve Schaefer said: “The Cobham tactical downlink system has already proven how vital this technology is when only two days after receiving updated helicopters, the Louisiana National Guard used the system in a counter-drug operation. We provide the crucial link between the ground and air, helping increase the safety of the agents on the ground and enabling forces to stay one step ahead of dangerous and tense situations.”
Cobham specializes in meeting the insatiable demand for data, connectivity and bandwidth in defense, security and commercial environments. Offering a technically diverse and innovative range of technologies and services, the Group protects lives and livelihoods, responding to customer needs with agility that differentiates it. The most important thing we build is trust. Employing more than 10,000 people on five continents, the Group has customers and partners in over 100 countries.
Cobham Tactical Communications and Surveillance is a world leader in securing, sharing and communicating situational awareness in challenging environments, from urban surroundings to the digital battlefield.
It provides specialist communications, security and surveillance products together with integrated systems and solutions to 18 armed forces and more than 140 agencies globally. Markets served include military platform communications, situational awareness, counterterrorism and intelligence and law enforcement and public safety. Cobham Tactical
Communications and Surveillance also offers broadcast transmitter and receiver solutions for electronic news gathering, portable field monitoring and video-assist applications. Cobham’s award-winning technologies include Audio, Video and IP Transmission, Tagging, Tracking and Locating, Tactical Communications and Integrated Surveillance Systems as well as 24/7 Client Services.
- Sky Tech joins Turbomeca Certified Maintenance Center Network
- Devon & Cornwall Police air unit joins Twitter
- Eurocopter reveals optionally-piloted EC145
- ASU Completes 700th FAA Approved NVIS Modification
- 15-Apr-13 N262MH Eurocopter EC145 Highland Heights, US-Ohio
- MassDevelopment issues tax-exempt $8M lease for Boston Medflight EC145
- 12-Apr-13 N909SH Eurocopter EC145 Sioux Falls, US-South Dakota
- Metro Aviation begins completion of Boston MedFlight EC145
- True Blue Power Paving the Way for Certified Lithium-ion Products in Aviation
- Metro Aviation begins configuration of EC145 for Memorial MedFlight
- Police Service of Northern Ireland order second EC145
- TNT approves unscripted docu-drama “Life Flight”
- Memorial MedFlight in South Bend Adding EC145
- 07-Mar-13 N909SH Eurocopter EC145 Humboldt, US-South Dakota
- Eurocopter and Milestone Aviation Group getting closer together
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital purchases Eurocopter EC145
- American Eurocopter leads in helicopter sales for EMS missions
- Metro Aviation to showcase new air medical EC145 during Heli-Expo
- JSSI expands airframe programs with EC135 and EC145
- Austin-Travis STAR Flight Rescue Saves Multiple Lives Utilizing NVG