Five decades of Eurocopter helicopter operations by the Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie were celebrated today at the 2012 Marrakech Air Show, where a commemorative plaque was presented to the military service.
The Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie Air Squadron operates a fleet of Eurocopter rotorcraft that covers the companyâ€™s product range, with an inventory including SA3130 Alouette II, SA315 Lama, SA316 Alouette III, SA342 Gazelle, SA330 Puma, AS355 Ecureuil, AS550 Fennec, EC135, EC145, EC225, EC332 Super Puma and AS365 Dauphin.
Duties performed by this fleet range from search and rescue, medical airlift and anti-crime missions to VIP transport and firefighting.
â€œThe Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie is an example of world-class excellence in helicopter operations, and it is highly appropriate that we honor 50 years of service with its diverse Eurocopter fleet,â€ said LoÃ¯c Porcheron, Eurocopter’s Vice President for Middle East and Africa.
Presentation of the commemorative Eurocopter plaque was made at the Marrakesh Air Show to Col. Maj. Lahcen Beraoud, who received it on behalf of general four stars commanding officer of the Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie.
- Only two helicopter manufacturers at NBAA Convention
- Helicopter Operators Formally Launch HeliOffshore
- Exelis adds night capability to CorvusEye™ wide area airborne surveillance system
- Conference attendees discuss future USAF helicopter fleet
- US Dept of Justice files overcharging case against Sikorsky
- San Francisco to get first medical helipad in decades
- Civil Helicopter Market Forecast 2014-2024
- Kaman announces Release Date for FY2014 Q3 Earnings
- Sikorsky Counts on HABCO to Support Saudi Arabia National Guard
- SESAR demonstrates how to maximize airport capacity with helicopter landing procedure
- GAR Electroforming to open third Danbury location thanks to Bell contract
- National recognition for East Anglian Air Ambulance
- HAI Thanks TSA Admin. Pistole for Cooperative Effort
- AAG joins Air Charter Safety Foundation
- AAG Achieves IS-BAO Stage II Registration
- AgustaWestland Signs New Training Services Contracts to Support the Family
- Russian Helicopters’ Mi-38 pre-series production prototype makes first flight
- Airbus Helicopters’ EC135 T3/P3 Receives EASA Certification
- Bell Endorses HNZ Topflight for Mountain Flight Training
- CAE contracted to support New Zealand Seasprite synthetic training devices