Five decades of Eurocopter helicopter operations by the Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie were celebrated today at the 2012 Marrakech Air Show, where a commemorative plaque was presented to the military service.
The Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie Air Squadron operates a fleet of Eurocopter rotorcraft that covers the companyâ€™s product range, with an inventory including SA3130 Alouette II, SA315 Lama, SA316 Alouette III, SA342 Gazelle, SA330 Puma, AS355 Ecureuil, AS550 Fennec, EC135, EC145, EC225, EC332 Super Puma and AS365 Dauphin.
Duties performed by this fleet range from search and rescue, medical airlift and anti-crime missions to VIP transport and firefighting.
â€œThe Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie is an example of world-class excellence in helicopter operations, and it is highly appropriate that we honor 50 years of service with its diverse Eurocopter fleet,â€ said LoÃ¯c Porcheron, Eurocopter’s Vice President for Middle East and Africa.
Presentation of the commemorative Eurocopter plaque was made at the Marrakesh Air Show to Col. Maj. Lahcen Beraoud, who received it on behalf of general four stars commanding officer of the Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie.
- Indonesia orders three AW101s for VVIP work
- India – Two government-funded hospitals to get helipads
- Kaman sells two K-Max firefighters to China
- Breeze-Eastern merges with TransDigm Corp
- India – two new routes launched from Srinagar
- Second Bristow S92 arrives at Newquay for UK SAR contract
- Register Update – USA – week to 22 November 2015
- FAA warns users of noise-cancelling headsets
- Lockheed Martin awarded $7.9M delivery order for H-60 receiver processors
- EASA approves Mecaer interior for H145 Mercedes Benz Style
- East Texas Medical Center celebrates 30 years of Air 1
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance doctor wins Lifetime Achievement award
- London’s Air Ambulance app wins award
- Maverick opens $5 Million new Las Vegas terminal
- New CEO at Lincolnshire & Nottinghamshire Air Ambulance
- Bell announces first 407GXP sale into Germany
- New 104,000 sq ft Vector facility in Langley targeted for January completion
- Sikorsky sued over 2014 Georgia Black Hawk crash
- FAA Proposes $240,500 Civil Penalty Against Helicopter Transport Services
- STARS and NJ State Police sign long-term AW139 training contracts