Five decades of Eurocopter helicopter operations by the Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie were celebrated today at the 2012 Marrakech Air Show, where a commemorative plaque was presented to the military service.
The Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie Air Squadron operates a fleet of Eurocopter rotorcraft that covers the companyâ€™s product range, with an inventory including SA3130 Alouette II, SA315 Lama, SA316 Alouette III, SA342 Gazelle, SA330 Puma, AS355 Ecureuil, AS550 Fennec, EC135, EC145, EC225, EC332 Super Puma and AS365 Dauphin.
Duties performed by this fleet range from search and rescue, medical airlift and anti-crime missions to VIP transport and firefighting.
â€œThe Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie is an example of world-class excellence in helicopter operations, and it is highly appropriate that we honor 50 years of service with its diverse Eurocopter fleet,â€ said LoÃ¯c Porcheron, Eurocopter’s Vice President for Middle East and Africa.
Presentation of the commemorative Eurocopter plaque was made at the Marrakesh Air Show to Col. Maj. Lahcen Beraoud, who received it on behalf of general four stars commanding officer of the Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie.
- EXCLUSIVE – Royal Thai Army buys AW149 and six AW139s
- Leasing company signs for 27 helicopters
- Russian Helicopters Contracted for four Mi-8/171s
- On Scene Transfusions from McAlester Regional AirCare
- Potential Mi26 Purchase for Indonesian Army
- First South Korean Female Pilot Instructor
- Bell CEO Talks of Market Decline
- Governor Cuomo Helicopter Request Denied
- 40th Anniversary for Westpac Lifesaver Helicopter Rescue Service
- Budget Cuts For Pinal County
- Airbus H145 delivered to Wiking Helikopter
- $3 Million Air Ambulance for Baldwin County
- Sikorsky Opens Testing Facility for Combat Rescue Helicopter
- Approval Granted for vital Liverpool Hospital Helipad
- RUAG named Authorised Service Centre for the AW139 by Leonardo
- Heli-One Poland Receives EASA Approval for Leonardo AW139 Base Maintenance
- Rockwell Collins now providing automated check-in for Falcon Aviation
- Satcom Direct SD completes its acquisition of TrueNorth Avionics
- Unmanned Safety Institute Training Programs Educate Law Enforcement on Drone Activity
- Med-Trans Bases First Air Ambulance Helicopter in Baldwin County