Five decades of Eurocopter helicopter operations by the Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie were celebrated today at the 2012 Marrakech Air Show, where a commemorative plaque was presented to the military service.
The Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie Air Squadron operates a fleet of Eurocopter rotorcraft that covers the companyâ€™s product range, with an inventory including SA3130 Alouette II, SA315 Lama, SA316 Alouette III, SA342 Gazelle, SA330 Puma, AS355 Ecureuil, AS550 Fennec, EC135, EC145, EC225, EC332 Super Puma and AS365 Dauphin.
Duties performed by this fleet range from search and rescue, medical airlift and anti-crime missions to VIP transport and firefighting.
â€œThe Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie is an example of world-class excellence in helicopter operations, and it is highly appropriate that we honor 50 years of service with its diverse Eurocopter fleet,â€ said LoÃ¯c Porcheron, Eurocopter’s Vice President for Middle East and Africa.
Presentation of the commemorative Eurocopter plaque was made at the Marrakesh Air Show to Col. Maj. Lahcen Beraoud, who received it on behalf of general four stars commanding officer of the Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie.
- Costa Rica Police looking for drug-running helicopter with false Red Cross titles
- 814 Naval Air Squadron retire Merlin Mk.1
- Aviation school gets Bell 47G helicopter
- Call for crotch straps in helicopters
- Burbank and Glendale Police Joint Air Support Unit Welcomes New MD 520N Helicopter
- Bell, Textron Systems Sign Agreement with India’s Dynamatic Technologies Limited
- Regional Helicopter Safety Seminar Another Great Success!
- Iran Unveils Homegrown Unmanned Helicopter Drone
- Oceania Aviation Tour of Australia a Success
- Bell Issues Statement on Death of Former CEO James Atkins
- AW189 delays mean Bristow will fly AW139 on UK Coastguard contract
- Vector UK to support French Navy Lynxes
- AgustaWestland Strengthens Collaboration with Rotortrade Services
- Kaman Board of Directors Declares Dividend
- Dallas Avionics Receives AS9100C & ISO 9001:2008 Certification
- Shimco Wins Business Excellence Award
- FAA Statement on NTSB Decision in Huerta v. Pirker
- Unmanned Team Of K-MAX® Helicopter And Indago Quad Rotor Demonstrate Firefighting Capability
- 3 Charged in Presidential Helicopter Scheme
- AETE team tests Chinooks in Canada’s North