Five decades of Eurocopter helicopter operations by the Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie were celebrated today at the 2012 Marrakech Air Show, where a commemorative plaque was presented to the military service.
The Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie Air Squadron operates a fleet of Eurocopter rotorcraft that covers the companyâ€™s product range, with an inventory including SA3130 Alouette II, SA315 Lama, SA316 Alouette III, SA342 Gazelle, SA330 Puma, AS355 Ecureuil, AS550 Fennec, EC135, EC145, EC225, EC332 Super Puma and AS365 Dauphin.
Duties performed by this fleet range from search and rescue, medical airlift and anti-crime missions to VIP transport and firefighting.
â€œThe Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie is an example of world-class excellence in helicopter operations, and it is highly appropriate that we honor 50 years of service with its diverse Eurocopter fleet,â€ said LoÃ¯c Porcheron, Eurocopter’s Vice President for Middle East and Africa.
Presentation of the commemorative Eurocopter plaque was made at the Marrakesh Air Show to Col. Maj. Lahcen Beraoud, who received it on behalf of general four stars commanding officer of the Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie.
- Gwinnett County Police receive first 530F upgrade
- LCI touches down at Helitech
- Rockwell Collins to show Pro Line Fusion for commercial helicopters at HeliTech
- Exhibitor Bookings begin for Heli UK Expo
- Register Update – Switzerland – September 2015
- Register for the Upcoming AHS Rotorcraft Propulsion Meeting
- Papillon names Halvorson third generation to President roles
- US Navy revives MH-53E Sea Dragon training squadron HM-12
- Register Update – Canada – September 2015
- RA Aviation launches Rescue Hoist Cable Wash Trolley
- France completes testing of V-22 on Helicopter Landing Deck
- Brazilian military passes 10,000 flight hours with H225M
- AAR appoints Chief Financial Officer
- AAR Selected for 2014 NDTA Corporate Distinguished Service Award
- MI-38 series production planned for 2016-2017
- Chuck Aaron to retire from airshow circuit
- Timken awarded $46M three-year Apache transmission contract
- Sikorsky awarded $25M five-year contract for Black Hawk blade repairs
- Erickson wins Military Sealift Command contract worth $7M
- AAR awarded two Military Sealift Command contracts worth $21M