Five decades of Eurocopter helicopter operations by the Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie were celebrated today at the 2012 Marrakech Air Show, where a commemorative plaque was presented to the military service.
The Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie Air Squadron operates a fleet of Eurocopter rotorcraft that covers the companyâ€™s product range, with an inventory including SA3130 Alouette II, SA315 Lama, SA316 Alouette III, SA342 Gazelle, SA330 Puma, AS355 Ecureuil, AS550 Fennec, EC135, EC145, EC225, EC332 Super Puma and AS365 Dauphin.
Duties performed by this fleet range from search and rescue, medical airlift and anti-crime missions to VIP transport and firefighting.
â€œThe Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie is an example of world-class excellence in helicopter operations, and it is highly appropriate that we honor 50 years of service with its diverse Eurocopter fleet,â€ said LoÃ¯c Porcheron, Eurocopter’s Vice President for Middle East and Africa.
Presentation of the commemorative Eurocopter plaque was made at the Marrakesh Air Show to Col. Maj. Lahcen Beraoud, who received it on behalf of general four stars commanding officer of the Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie.
- HeliHub.com expands into China
- HAI campaigns against taking ATC outside FAA control
- HMLA-169 pilots remembered with new memorial
- EASA approves Pall PureAir system for Airbus H125/AS350/H130
- Spectrum Aeromed Announces Promotion and New Hire in German Office
- Army Air Corps praise new Wildcat facilities at RNAS Yeovilton
- Certon Engineering to Exhibit at Heli-Expo 2016
- Spectrum Health Aero Med helicopter moving to Traverse City
- Pennsylvania State Police helicopter move delayed at least a year
- US Coast Guard MH-60 pilot awarded Distinguished Flying Cross
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2016
- Register Update – China – January 2015
- Bell cuts 200 more jobs at Mirabel
- Statement from the family of the late Jeff Pino
- HAI campaigns to protect veteran benefits
- First customer AW169 arrived in UK today
- Uganda receives new VIP Mi-171E
- IHST gathers safety experts from around the globe at Heli-Expo
- Killer drone squad: Russia unveils anti-armor assault multicopter
- CAE gets approval for US Navy MH-60R/S Tech Refresh program