Five decades of Eurocopter helicopter operations by the Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie were celebrated today at the 2012 Marrakech Air Show, where a commemorative plaque was presented to the military service.
The Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie Air Squadron operates a fleet of Eurocopter rotorcraft that covers the companyâ€™s product range, with an inventory including SA3130 Alouette II, SA315 Lama, SA316 Alouette III, SA342 Gazelle, SA330 Puma, AS355 Ecureuil, AS550 Fennec, EC135, EC145, EC225, EC332 Super Puma and AS365 Dauphin.
Duties performed by this fleet range from search and rescue, medical airlift and anti-crime missions to VIP transport and firefighting.
â€œThe Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie is an example of world-class excellence in helicopter operations, and it is highly appropriate that we honor 50 years of service with its diverse Eurocopter fleet,â€ said LoÃ¯c Porcheron, Eurocopter’s Vice President for Middle East and Africa.
Presentation of the commemorative Eurocopter plaque was made at the Marrakesh Air Show to Col. Maj. Lahcen Beraoud, who received it on behalf of general four stars commanding officer of the Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie.
Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie recognized for 50 years of Eurocopter operations
- Register Update – Norway – February 2015
- Register Update – Japan – February 2015
- Twelve and Counting – Latest British Cabri arrives from France
- Airbus contract United Rotorcraft for EC130T2 EMS completion
- Whirly-Girls International Announces 2015 Scholarship Winners
- 29-Mar-15 OK-RRJ Robinson R44 Modrava, Czech Republic (1F)
- FAA and EASA approve Dart R66 cargo hook
- Bell extends UH-1Y and AH-1Z blade deal with Kaman
- Airbus delivers first UH-72A for Army Initial-Entry Trainer Mission
- Bell announces Letters of Intent from Middle East for 505 and 525 models
- Duke of York opens new Nostell Priory base for Yorkshire Air Ambulance
- PPG produces transparencies for first S-97 Raider
- Kenya police invite bids for supply of three helicopters
- Regional CHC leader named finalist for Scottish Director of the Year Award
- Bell cuts 315 jobs as V-22 demand falls
- FAA approves Pall PB100F PUREair dry barrier filter on AS350
- UK military extends AW101 suppert contact with AgustaWestland by five years
- Able Begins Distribution Of New Bell 407/429 Calipers & Disc Pmas
- New exhibitors target Helitech International 2015 as the place to do business
- Heli UK Challenge Cup Returns