Five decades of Eurocopter helicopter operations by the Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie were celebrated today at the 2012 Marrakech Air Show, where a commemorative plaque was presented to the military service.
The Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie Air Squadron operates a fleet of Eurocopter rotorcraft that covers the companyâ€™s product range, with an inventory including SA3130 Alouette II, SA315 Lama, SA316 Alouette III, SA342 Gazelle, SA330 Puma, AS355 Ecureuil, AS550 Fennec, EC135, EC145, EC225, EC332 Super Puma and AS365 Dauphin.
Duties performed by this fleet range from search and rescue, medical airlift and anti-crime missions to VIP transport and firefighting.
â€œThe Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie is an example of world-class excellence in helicopter operations, and it is highly appropriate that we honor 50 years of service with its diverse Eurocopter fleet,â€ said LoÃ¯c Porcheron, Eurocopter’s Vice President for Middle East and Africa.
Presentation of the commemorative Eurocopter plaque was made at the Marrakesh Air Show to Col. Maj. Lahcen Beraoud, who received it on behalf of general four stars commanding officer of the Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie.
- UK – New Scilly Isles helicopter service proposed with AW139s
- Lockheed Martin awarded $67M contract for MH-60R radar work
- Bell Boeing awarded $80M delivery order for V-22 work
- Sikorsky awarded $11M more for Taiwan and Jordan UH-60M work
- GE awarded $102M Preliminary Design engine contract for Apache and Black Hawk
- Kearfott Corp awarded $7.7M contract for UH-60 servo overhaul and repair
- Airbus delivers first H175 to Americas
- Honeywell and Pratt & Whitney win design review contract for Black Hawk and Apache engines
- FAA certifies 407GX Flight Training Device at Metro Aviation training centre
- Oceania Aviation earns EASA Part 145 certification
- AAG donates flights to Patient AirLift Services
- Collaboration for Safety Wins Award
- Precision Aviation Group announces four key appointments
- NHV starts H175 operations out of Denmark
- Boeing Delivers AH-64E Training System to South Korea
- Life Force One Has New Base In Tennessee
- Nigeria – Caverton expects H1 profit to be substantially down
- Life Link III expanding with new Minnesota base
- Register Update – USA – week to 21 August 2016
- Coastal Helicopters to serve Burning Man 2016 festival