Five decades of Eurocopter helicopter operations by the Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie were celebrated today at the 2012 Marrakech Air Show, where a commemorative plaque was presented to the military service.
The Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie Air Squadron operates a fleet of Eurocopter rotorcraft that covers the companyâ€™s product range, with an inventory including SA3130 Alouette II, SA315 Lama, SA316 Alouette III, SA342 Gazelle, SA330 Puma, AS355 Ecureuil, AS550 Fennec, EC135, EC145, EC225, EC332 Super Puma and AS365 Dauphin.
Duties performed by this fleet range from search and rescue, medical airlift and anti-crime missions to VIP transport and firefighting.
â€œThe Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie is an example of world-class excellence in helicopter operations, and it is highly appropriate that we honor 50 years of service with its diverse Eurocopter fleet,â€ said LoÃ¯c Porcheron, Eurocopter’s Vice President for Middle East and Africa.
Presentation of the commemorative Eurocopter plaque was made at the Marrakesh Air Show to Col. Maj. Lahcen Beraoud, who received it on behalf of general four stars commanding officer of the Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie.
Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie recognized for 50 years of Eurocopter operations
- Brazilian State of Rio Grande do Sul accepts second AW119Kx
- AW139 enters service with Carabineros de Chile
- Becker Avionics Announces New Sales Representative for Europe
- Jeppesen And Peters Software Team To Provide Instrument Helicopter Training In Europe
- Bristow Group Names Government Portfolio Director
- United Rotorcraft Receives Bell 429 Completion Contract
- AHS International Announces 2015 Special Awards Winners
- DynCorp renews Cal Fire support contract
- Sikorsky redesigns CH-53K main gear box
- Bristow to spend $1 billion on acquisitions
- North Sea – Shell to quit Scatsa airport and consolidate on Aberdeen
- Australia – Costa group donates $17,000 to helipad project
- New home at Victoria airport has helicopter unit flying high
- Conflict At Serbian Army Leadership Over Mi-17 Crash
- Construction begins on Brisbane campus to include AW139 simulator
- Korea to Commercialize Tilt-rotor Drone by 2023
- Transport Canada Certifies Sikorsky S-92® Rig Approach
- Boeing-Built CH-147F Maintenance Training Center Opens in Canada
- Garmin® Enhances New and Existing G500 and G600 Glass Flight Display Systems
- AeroVironment Receives FAA Section 333 Exemption For UAS Operations In The United States