Five decades of Eurocopter helicopter operations by the Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie were celebrated today at the 2012 Marrakech Air Show, where a commemorative plaque was presented to the military service.
The Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie Air Squadron operates a fleet of Eurocopter rotorcraft that covers the companyâ€™s product range, with an inventory including SA3130 Alouette II, SA315 Lama, SA316 Alouette III, SA342 Gazelle, SA330 Puma, AS355 Ecureuil, AS550 Fennec, EC135, EC145, EC225, EC332 Super Puma and AS365 Dauphin.
Duties performed by this fleet range from search and rescue, medical airlift and anti-crime missions to VIP transport and firefighting.
â€œThe Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie is an example of world-class excellence in helicopter operations, and it is highly appropriate that we honor 50 years of service with its diverse Eurocopter fleet,â€ said LoÃ¯c Porcheron, Eurocopter’s Vice President for Middle East and Africa.
Presentation of the commemorative Eurocopter plaque was made at the Marrakesh Air Show to Col. Maj. Lahcen Beraoud, who received it on behalf of general four stars commanding officer of the Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie.
- Heli Charter not ready for 1st January start with Wiltshire Bell 429
- Dutch Defence Minister re-starts NH90 deliveries
- New South Wales splits EMS cover into two contracts
- Great North Air Ambulance to carry blood from January
- Memorial service held on 50th anniversary of Coast Guard Rescue 1363 accident
- Okanagan Mounties track down stolen helicopter parts
- Court puts halt to Sindh AW139 acquisition
- Former Bay Area news helicopter pilot who used fake names must repay TV stations
- Burj Al Arab awarded first heliport licence in the UAE
- Trial date set in Mercy Air Med lawsuit
- NHI Delivers the first Spanish built NH90 TTH
- Phoenix Heli-Flight expands NORTH FDM technology to single engine fleet
- AHS International has legislative success in Congress
- Aeromedical research lab works to make MedEvac missions safer
- Airbus Helicopters Forging Ties With Innovative SMEs
- Metro Aviation becomes customer of RF System Lab
- Titan Accepts Delivery of Africa’s First S-76D
- Harford sheriff’s helicopter renamed SABLE 1 from Eagle 1
- New Mexico National Guard hosts annual Helicopter Safety Day
- AHS International Specialists’ Meeting on Propulsion