Five decades of Eurocopter helicopter operations by the Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie were celebrated today at the 2012 Marrakech Air Show, where a commemorative plaque was presented to the military service.
The Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie Air Squadron operates a fleet of Eurocopter rotorcraft that covers the company’s product range, with an inventory including SA3130 Alouette II, SA315 Lama, SA316 Alouette III, SA342 Gazelle, SA330 Puma, AS355 Ecureuil, AS550 Fennec, EC135, EC145, EC225, EC332 Super Puma and AS365 Dauphin.
Duties performed by this fleet range from search and rescue, medical airlift and anti-crime missions to VIP transport and firefighting.
“The Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie is an example of world-class excellence in helicopter operations, and it is highly appropriate that we honor 50 years of service with its diverse Eurocopter fleet,” said LoÃ¯c Porcheron, Eurocopter's Vice President for Middle East and Africa.
Presentation of the commemorative Eurocopter plaque was made at the Marrakesh Air Show to Col. Maj. Lahcen Beraoud, who received it on behalf of general four stars commanding officer of the Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie.
- Saudi Aramco signs for another AW139
- FlightSafety announces Courseware Support Director
- Northern Vietnam Helicopter Co partners in new tourism venture
- Bristow announces FY2014 earnings release and concall schedule
- RSG Aviation Provides Maintenance & Fleet Support to New Local Start-Up Company
- RSG Products Utilizes Laser Printed Parts on Air Condition Kits
- Bell obtains FAA STC for 407 polycarbonate windshield
- AgustaWestland signs up distributor for Morocco
- FlightSafety to host the 2014 Flight Simulation Engineering and Maintenance Conference
- Vector Aerospace UK strengthens its approach to safety management
- Universal Avionics appoints Regional Sales Manager for Latin America
- Primus turns into a total service provider
- First Air BP re-fuelling takes place at Cannes Mandelieu Airport
- MacNeil Aviation takes delivery of AS350B3e with Garmin G500H glass cockpit
- First female Dallas Police pilot retires
- EASA certifies EC225 gear shaft redesign
- FlightSafety names new Rotorcraft Business Development Director
- Mexico requests 18 UH-60M Black Hawks
- Bell sells five B505 JRX to Aerochine Aviation
- Selex ES to support Malaysian Super Lynx sensors