Five decades of Eurocopter helicopter operations by the Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie were celebrated today at the 2012 Marrakech Air Show, where a commemorative plaque was presented to the military service.
The Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie Air Squadron operates a fleet of Eurocopter rotorcraft that covers the companyâ€™s product range, with an inventory including SA3130 Alouette II, SA315 Lama, SA316 Alouette III, SA342 Gazelle, SA330 Puma, AS355 Ecureuil, AS550 Fennec, EC135, EC145, EC225, EC332 Super Puma and AS365 Dauphin.
Duties performed by this fleet range from search and rescue, medical airlift and anti-crime missions to VIP transport and firefighting.
â€œThe Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie is an example of world-class excellence in helicopter operations, and it is highly appropriate that we honor 50 years of service with its diverse Eurocopter fleet,â€ said LoÃ¯c Porcheron, Eurocopter’s Vice President for Middle East and Africa.
Presentation of the commemorative Eurocopter plaque was made at the Marrakesh Air Show to Col. Maj. Lahcen Beraoud, who received it on behalf of general four stars commanding officer of the Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie.
- Kathryn Purwin takes over as CEO of Helinet
- Ansat take-off weight approval raised from 3300 to 3600kg
- Key deliveries of W-3PL Głuszec and W-3RM Anakonda to Polish military
- Wales Air Ambulance to add fourth EC135
- Serbia receives first pair of Mi-17V-5 helicopters
- Simrik Air buys AS350B3 from Panama
- Vanderbilt LifeFlight names two new Medical Affairs Managers
- FLIR Systems Acquires Armasight for $41M
- New Helicopter Training and R&D Centre opens in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Where next for the Super Puma and EC225?
- Second AW139 arrives for Croatian Police
- Pattonair earns Gold Supplier Award from SAFRAN Helicopter Engines
- Helipad launched at Sheffield hospital
- Afghan Air Force receives five new MD530F Cayuse Warriors
- Augmented reality enables helicopter flight in degraded visual environments
- Vector completes first 12-year inspection on San Bernardino County Sheriff AS350
- NEMSPA opens nominations for 2016 Pilot of the Year
- Bristow Group adds new Board director with particular experience
- Norwegian EC225 investigation points to gearbox planet gears – again
- Bristow opens up Scatsa interline opportunities to more oil companies