Air Evac Lifeteam, an independently-owned air ambulance provider serving rural America, has opened a new base in Licking County. Air Evac Lifeteam crews provide on-the-scene medical care and rapid medical transport, as well as transfers between medical facilities, and the new base will serve the community of Cambridge.
The base opened on March 15 and is located at the Newton Township Fire Department in St. Louisville. It is one of 107 bases in Air Evac Lifeteam's network of air ambulance services and the sixth in Ohio, with others located in Portsmouth, Chillicothe, Lancaster, Brown County, and East Liverpool. The base also will provide employment for 12 to 15 individuals and serve communities within a 70-mile radius of St. Louisville.
An Air Evac Lifeteam crew, which includes a registered nurse, paramedic and pilot, is on call at each base 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Crew members are trained in advanced pre-hospital care, allowing them to continue medical care at the scene and en route to the hospital. This same training also allows for critical care hospital-to-hospital transfers. The Licking County helicopter is equipped with state-of-the-art medical equipment, including the use of Night Vision Goggles (NVGs). NVGs are particularly useful on nights with little illumination in identifying emergency scene landing zones in difficult terrain, such as mountains and hills, by raising night-time vision to 20/20.
Air Evac Lifeteam, headquartered in West Plains, Mo., is the largest independently-owned air ambulance service in the country, serving as the critical link to improved response time and immediate access to medical care facilities across 15 states.
- Dart launches Rear Locker Extender for B206 and B407
- 14-May-13 B-7479 Bell 206B Dezhou City, China
- 10-May-13 N94PH Bell 206B Heflin, US-Kentucky
- 07-May-13 N20Z Bell 206L La Junta, US-Colorado
- Air Evac celebrates year of service in Licking County
- 27-Apr-13 N150SP Bell 206B Shepherd, US-Montana (1F)
- 23-Apr-13 N2072M Bell 206L1 Grand Canyon, US-Arizona
- 20-Apr-13 N4237M Bell 206B Wells, US-Nevada
- More STC Approvals for Latitude’s SkyNode Satcom and IONode FDM Systems
- 23-Mar-13 ZS-HSR Bell 206B Petermaritzburg, South Africa
- 23-Mar-13 Bell TH-57A Salinas, Ecuador
- Gainesville PD helicopter relaunches after 15 months
- Tennessee Highway Patrol Announces Permanent Aviation Support for West Tennessee
- Bristow Academy Announces Agreement with Aero Dynamix
- Bilingual pilots launch Ravco training program
- Astronics Max-Viz-1500 approved for Bell 206/407 in China
- FAA had twice suspended licence of pilot in fatal crash
- Cadorath announces 178 new Bell extended repairs
- 18-Feb-13 N20620 Bell 206 Ely, US-Nevada (1F)
- 15-Feb-13 UP-BL007 Bell 206L3 Bakanas, Kazakhstan