Sikorsky AircraftÂ has announced the sale of twoÂ S-300Câ„¢ helicopters with an option for four more, to IPTN North America, a subsidiary of PT Dirgantara Indonesia (PTDI)/Indonesian Aerospace (IAe). These S-300C helicopters will support the Indonesian Armyâ€™s requirements to train more than 100 new pilots in the next few years. In March 2012, the Indonesian Minister of Defence, Purnomo Yusgiantoro, announced Indonesiaâ€™s commitment to double Indonesiaâ€™s military helicopters, increasing the need for helicopter training.
â€œThe Asia-Pacific region is one of the areas in the world that has continued to sustain healthy economic growth in recent years. Specifically, Indonesiaâ€™s economic success allows the country to fund a defence modernization plan that maintains a minimally essential force in the country. Sikorsky is honored to be able to support Indonesiaâ€™s modernization efforts with our S-300C training helicopters,â€ said Linda Scott, General Manager for Southeast Asia.
â€œThe reliability of the S-300C helicopter is just one attribute that the customer is getting from these aircraft,â€ Scott added. â€œThey are also easy to maintain, easy to fly, and economically priced. It is a good, solid aircraft for the training mission they are destined for in Indonesia.â€
The aircraft are expected to be delivered in late 2012.
The sale to IPTN North America follows recent activities by Sikorsky Aircraft in the Asia-Pacific region. In February, Sikorsky announced the opening of its office in Malaysia, taking the first step toward expanding its industry presence in Southeast Asia. Previously, in December 2011, Sikorsky Aircraft signed a contract with the Brunei Ministry of Defence to provide 12 S-70iâ„¢ BLACK HAWK helicopters, as well as associated spare parts, training and ground support equipment. The helicopters will serve the Royal Brunei Armed forces, and join the growing fleet of Sikorsky aircraft in the region.
The S-300C helicopter operates throughout the world in many demanding roles including military patrol, power line/pipeline patrol, commercial and military flight training, ranching, external load operations, animal surveys, aerial photography and personal transportation. The cockpit size, load capacity, performance characteristics, robust design and low direct operating costs make the S-300C helicopter a leader in its class.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., U.S.A., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. Sikorsky is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX). United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., U.S.A., provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- 17-Aug-17 OE-XGM Schweizer 300C Engelhartszell, Austria
- 22-May-17 N2032S Schweizer 300CBi Eden Prairie, US-Minnesota
- 29-Jul-15 I-GASF Schweizer 300C Gratosoglio, Italy
- 09-Jun-15 Schweizer 300 Lac Central, Canada
- Sunset Aviation Service launches new website
- FRASCA Provides R44 Helicopter Simulator to China
- 04-Dec-14 CS-HFD Schweizer 300CBi Ponte de Sor, Portugal (2F)
- Frasca wins order for R44/S300 convertible Level 5 Flight Training Device
- 06-Jul-14 ZK-HON Schweizer 300C Ward, New Zealand
- 17-year old completes licence in 43.6 hours with Atomic Helicopters
- 13-Jun-14 OO-JCS Schweizer S300C Cerfontaine, Belgium (1F)
- 12-Jun-14 G-BWAV Schweizer S300C Dunsfold, UK
- 31-May-14 N902CP Schweizer 300C Temple, US-Texas
- 23-Feb-14 VH-HAK Hughes 300C Legerwood, Australia
- Nicholson McLaren Aviation to exhibit at Heli UK Expo
- 21-Jul-13 I-GANI Schweizer 300C Cuneo Levaldigi, Italy
- 03-Jul-13 N888ZW Schweizer S300C Burnham, US-Maine
- 25-Mar-13 N90570 Hughes 300C Rialto, US-California
- 19-Feb-13 N2099S Schweizer 300CBi Titusville, US-Florida
- British S300 crash lawsuit plays out in the US