Sikorsky Aircraft has announced the sale of two S-300C™ helicopters with an option for four more, to IPTN North America, a subsidiary of PT Dirgantara Indonesia (PTDI)/Indonesian Aerospace (IAe). These S-300C helicopters will support the Indonesian Army’s requirements to train more than 100 new pilots in the next few years. In March 2012, the Indonesian Minister of Defence, Purnomo Yusgiantoro, announced Indonesia’s commitment to double Indonesia’s military helicopters, increasing the need for helicopter training.
“The Asia-Pacific region is one of the areas in the world that has continued to sustain healthy economic growth in recent years. Specifically, Indonesia’s economic success allows the country to fund a defence modernization plan that maintains a minimally essential force in the country. Sikorsky is honored to be able to support Indonesia’s modernization efforts with our S-300C training helicopters,” said Linda Scott, General Manager for Southeast Asia.
“The reliability of the S-300C helicopter is just one attribute that the customer is getting from these aircraft,” Scott added. “They are also easy to maintain, easy to fly, and economically priced. It is a good, solid aircraft for the training mission they are destined for in Indonesia.”
The aircraft are expected to be delivered in late 2012.
The sale to IPTN North America follows recent activities by Sikorsky Aircraft in the Asia-Pacific region. In February, Sikorsky announced the opening of its office in Malaysia, taking the first step toward expanding its industry presence in Southeast Asia. Previously, in December 2011, Sikorsky Aircraft signed a contract with the Brunei Ministry of Defence to provide 12 S-70i™ BLACK HAWK helicopters, as well as associated spare parts, training and ground support equipment. The helicopters will serve the Royal Brunei Armed forces, and join the growing fleet of Sikorsky aircraft in the region.
The S-300C helicopter operates throughout the world in many demanding roles including military patrol, power line/pipeline patrol, commercial and military flight training, ranching, external load operations, animal surveys, aerial photography and personal transportation. The cockpit size, load capacity, performance characteristics, robust design and low direct operating costs make the S-300C helicopter a leader in its class.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., U.S.A., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. Sikorsky is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX). United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., U.S.A., provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- 25-Mar-13 N90570 Hughes 300C Rialto, US-California
- 19-Feb-13 N2099S Schweizer 300CBi Titusville, US-Florida
- British S300 crash lawsuit plays out in the US
- 05-Aug-12 C-FLBI Schweizer 300CBi Widgeon Lake, Canada
- 02-Jun-12 N2196F Schweizer 300 Broomfield, US-Colorado
- 24-May-12 N7505Y Schweizer 300C Asheville, US-North Carolina
- UK – Virage Helicopter Academy set up by ex-Sterling instructor
- 13-May-12 N61482 Schweizer 300CBi Hillsboro, US-Oregon
- 21-Apr-12 N34LB Schweizer 300C Schaumburg, US-Illinois
- 12-Apr-12 N69HJ Hughes 269A Grinnell, US-Iowa
- 12-Apr-12 VT-HAV Schweizer 300C Bangalore, India
- 05-Mar-12 N1099N Hughes 300C Staples, US-Texas
- Summit Aviation signs long term agreement with Sikorsky
- 11-Feb-12 N20536 Schweizer 300C Las Vegas, US-Nevada
- 16th birthday first solo on turbine and piston helicopters
- 14-Oct-11 N10375 Hughes 269A Fort Worth, US-Texas
- 05-Sep-11 N17YS Schweizer 300CBi Orlando, US-Florida
- Air Orlando Aviation to continue flying with restructure and new owner
- 29-Apr-11 N9561F Hughes 269B Edgerton, US-Indiana
- 13-Mar-11 N958CP Schweizer S300C Apopka, US-Florida