General Dynamics Global Imaging Technologies has introduced the new Cineflex ELITE, a light-weight, compact, Super 35 format digital production camera featuring a design that ensures quick, affordable transport and simple rigging onto a wide variety of mobile platforms. The newest camera in the Cineflex family of 5-axis gyro-stabilized camera systems, the Cineflex ELITE was developed in close collaboration between cinematographers and General Dynamics’ design engineers.
“The Cineflex ELITE is our highest-resolution system yet, expanding the proven quality, versatility and rugged reliability of our systems to motion-picture cinematography,” said Bob McGill, vice president and general manager of General Dynamics Global Imaging Technologies. “The Cineflex ELITE provides directors with a system that is smaller, lighter and easier to rig than any other camera system of its class, giving them the flexibility they need to get the breathtaking images that capture viewers’ imagination.”
The Cineflex ELITE integrates the proven 5-axis stability of General Dynamics’ Cineflex camera systems with state of the art Canon Premier® lenses and the award winning ARRI Alexa® camera. Originally designed for helicopters and aerial platforms, Cineflex camera systems deliver superior image quality, offer versatility, and are easily integrated onto cable and rail systems, aircraft, automobiles, boats and other mobile platforms. The Cineflex family of cameras is compatible with a variety of certified mounts and can be rigged in one-fourth the time of other Super 35 format digital production camera systems on the market. The exceptional image performance is achieved through extended, clean highlights, natural skin tones, excellent color separation and cinematic depth of field.
During the development of the Cineflex ELITE, the General Dynamics Global Imaging Technologies engineering team consulted with cinematographers, including Brain Farm Digital Cinema founder Curt Morgan, a Cineflex customer.
“Curt brought a filmmaker’s point-of-view to the development process that helped ensure the new Cineflex ELITE addresses the practical needs of cinematographers, including ease of use,” said Bob McGill.
“Working with the Cineflex ELITE is proving to be an amazing experience. It is delivering beyond my wildest imagination,” added Curt Morgan.
Directors rely on Cineflex camera systems to capture the defining moments of high-profile sporting events, real-time news events, television series, commercials and movie productions including, NBC’s coverage of the Super Bowl XLVI, BBC’s Frozen Planet series and the 2010 FIFA World Cup games.
More information about Cineflex camera systems is available online atwww.cineflex.com.
The Cineflex family of high-definition camera systems is manufactured by General Dynamics Global Imaging Technologies, a provider of high-performance camera systems and components. For more information about General Dynamics Global Imaging Technologies, a division of General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems please visit www.gd-imaging.com.
For more information about General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems, a business unit of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), please visit www.gd-ais.com.
- R66 lands at North Pole
- Nine new customers in China for Enstrom
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- CAE upgrades visuals on Royal Navy Lynx Mk8 full-mission simulator
- Keystone Med-Flight Announces New VP of Operations
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Enstrom breaks ground on production plant expansion
- Bell promotes innovation at AHS Forum 69
- HAI at AHS Forum 69
- Court rejects helicopter haze injunction
- Rivalry develops in air ambulance service
- Castleberry Instruments & Avionics Relocates for Growth
- Keystone Turbine Services Honeywell-approved for P&WC PT6 Series Accessory Support
- EBACE – Heli Asset places first Eurocopter EC155B1 into Switzerland
- EBACE – Corporate EC175 features dimmable windows and cabin partitions
- EBACE – JSSI reaches 10,000th Asset Milestone
- EBACE – Eurocopter launches EC175 with VIP/executive interior
- NZ heliski firm fined $6,000
- Vector Aerospace showcases GEMS engine management program at EBACE