Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. company (NYSE: TXT), has renewed its option to continue as the title sponsor of the Armed Forces Bowl for two more years covering the 2012 and 2013 season. The continuation of the sponsorship was announced on Thursday May 10 at Amon G. Carter stadium on the Texas Christian University campus by Pete Riley, executive vice president of Bell Helicopter's integrated operations.
"We are looking forward to returning to our home in Fort Worth and are excited to host the game in the newly renovated Amon G. Carter Stadium," said Pete Riley. "The Armed Forces Bowl is rapidly becoming one of the premium college football bowl games and we are proud to be the title sponsor."
The announcement event featured more than 200 guests including Fort Worth city officials, volunteers and committee members. Bell Helicopter receives kudos for being an active participant in helping to make the Armed Forces Bowl a highly sought after venue for post season games. The Armed Forces Bowl will be played at Amon G. Carter Stadium with is undergoing a 180 million dollar renovation and will be opened in time for the opening of the 2012 football season in September.
"The leadership at Bell Helicopter is on a mission to make it a priority for all our armed forces and their families to be properly recognized for their service to our country," said Brant Ringler, the bowl's executive director. "Bell's renewal allows the Armed Forces Bowl to continue the growth of the game as we begin the celebration of our 10th anniversary"
With this sponsorship, Bell Helicopter will serve as title sponsor of the Armed Forces Bowl for a 7th and 8th year. The longevity as title sponsor is now amongst the top 10 of tenured title sponsors across the NCAA's 35 bowl games.
"What we do each day at Bell Helicopter is not just business to our employees - it's personal. Nearly 25% of Bell Helicopter's employees are veterans," said Pete Riley. "I can tell you first hand, they take great pride in building the aircraft that help our military successfully complete their missions."
The 10th edition of the Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl will be played Saturday, Dec. 29, 2012 at TCU's Amon G. Carter Stadium with a 10:45 a.m. (CST) kickoff. The game will be aired on ESPN and ESPN Radio.
- Avinics Appoints New CEO Western Europe
- DART Launches Redesigned iPad App to Better Support its Customers
- Next-Generation Transponder receives DoD Certification
- Russian Helicopters congratulates winners of 21st Century Helicopters competition
- Safety Experts Join PRISM Helicopter and Business Aviation Team
- Air Comm acquires Meggitt (Addison)
- New head for Air BP
- Bristow – EC225 situation will last another year or more
- Iraqi Army receives last of 24 Bell 407s
- Argentine Air Force to add two Bell 412s
- EBACE – AgustaWestland pushes VIP-role AW169
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance goes operational
- EBACE – Bell showcases 429
- AHS – Prevailing In “Demanding Environments”
- HAI Participates at HeliRussia 2013
- Bristow publish results for Q4 and Year ended 31st March 2013
- Floating helipad returns to Destin
- 23-May-13 PNB-8302 Eurocopter Bo105 Caracas, Venezuela (5F)
- 23-May-13 G-XXEB Sikorsky S76C++ Denham, UK
- R66 lands at North Pole