Nationwide air medical operator and helicopter completions specialist, Metro Aviation, Inc. has delivered the first of two EC145 helicopters to longtime air medical program, Duke University Life Flight. Life Flight Administrative Director, Henry Ward accepted the aircraft during a delivery ceremony at the Metro Aviation main facility in Shreveport, Louisiana this month. Attending the event was the President and CEO of the Eurocopter Group, Mr. Lutz Bertling, as well as the President of American Eurocopter, Mr. Marc Paganini.
"We have been very happy with our leased EC135s, but have decided to invest in the long-term sustainability of our program and purchase the EC145s. The EC145 has a much larger cabin, which is important for the type of specialized equipment we carry, plus it allows us to load a full-size stretcher and have head-to-toe access to our patients. This, in combination with the state of the art avionics package and the customized medical interior from Metro Aviation, makes this aircraft the best platform to meet our mission, " remarked Henry Ward, Administrative Director for Duke Life Flight.
Metro Aviation managing director, Mr. Milton Geltz commented, "Metro Aviation expects to learn from its customers and we are never disappointed. Working with Henry Ward at Duke University Medical Center was no exception." The aircraft was extensively equipped to include a cabin-located medical liquid oxygen (LOX) system, WAAS LPV capability, and a specially designed neonatal transport sled, among other specialty equipment.
In the last 30 years, Metro Aviation has grown to become not only one of the largest privately held air medical operators in the world, but also one of the world's largest helicopter completion providers. The company will celebrate its 30 year anniversary this year with a celebration planned during the Air Medical Transport Conference in Seattle later this year.
- Germany’s DRF Luftrettung celebrates 40 years
- Metro Aviation delivers EC145 to Memorial Hospital
- 24-May-13 N45UH Eurocopter EC145 Salt Lake City, US-Utah
- 20-May-13 Eurocopter EC145 Allier, France
- Sky Tech joins Turbomeca Certified Maintenance Center Network
- Devon & Cornwall Police air unit joins Twitter
- Eurocopter reveals optionally-piloted EC145
- ASU Completes 700th FAA Approved NVIS Modification
- 15-Apr-13 N262MH Eurocopter EC145 Highland Heights, US-Ohio
- MassDevelopment issues tax-exempt $8M lease for Boston Medflight EC145
- 12-Apr-13 N909SH Eurocopter EC145 Sioux Falls, US-South Dakota
- Metro Aviation begins completion of Boston MedFlight EC145
- True Blue Power Paving the Way for Certified Lithium-ion Products in Aviation
- Metro Aviation begins configuration of EC145 for Memorial MedFlight
- Police Service of Northern Ireland order second EC145
- TNT approves unscripted docu-drama “Life Flight”
- Memorial MedFlight in South Bend Adding EC145
- 07-Mar-13 N909SH Eurocopter EC145 Humboldt, US-South Dakota
- Eurocopter and Milestone Aviation Group getting closer together
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital purchases Eurocopter EC145