Thales has been successfully selected by the South African Department of Defence, South African Air Force and ARMSCOR (Armaments Corporation of South Africa Ltd) for a five years Through Life Support [TLS] of all Thales avionics equipment on-board several fleets of aircrafts.
Under the terms of the multi-year contract signed with Armscor, Thales will support a large variety of avionics equipment on board the aircrafts: TopDeck suite for the C-130BZ Tactical Transport aircrafts, avionics equipment (visualization, navigation and air data computers, …) for the Rooivalk Combat helicopters, TopFlight avionics systems for the Hawk Lead-In-Fighters and avionics suites for the Super Lynx helicopters.
Merry Michaux, Vice-President, Military Aerospace Customer Support and Services Managing Director at Thales said: “This program represents another major step for Thales involvement in South Africa. We are very proud to have been awarded this new contract, which demonstrates our understanding of the customer’s requirements and the development of a successful long term logistics support plan for all South African Air Force fleets. Under this extended perimeter contract, Thales will deliver a Global Logistics Support Services Solution to Armscor, encompassing, among other items, management of obsolescence, of strategic stocks of components, technical support and assistance. Such a long term and transverse approach will enable the customer to fully benefit from Thales expertise in the support domain, under a shared mastering of costs and risks.”
- CAE upgrades visuals on Royal Navy Lynx Mk8 full-mission simulator
- CAE-built Lynx full-mission flight trainer celebrates 25 years of service
- Unique Anglo-French link-up hailed a success,after hunting pirates.
- APPH to Supply Landing Gear for Super Lynx and AW159
- UK’s 847 Sqn completes Arizona hot-and-high training
- Royal Navy’s 815 Sqn nurtures French links
- 07-Nov-12 S-142 Westland Lynx off Somalia
- Royal Navy helicopter deploys on French warship
- Dutch Lynx returns home from Libya
- Black Cats ready for Diamond Jubilee display season
- Famous Lynx retires to Fleet Air Arm Museum
- Thales to provide GPS SAASM receivers for French Navy Lynx
- UK helicopter fleet trains in “Pashtun Jaguar” exercise
- Lynx Wildcat makes first deck landings
- AgustaWestland completes Lynx AH Mk.9A program
- AgustaWestland takes work back from Vector Aerospace
- 01-Dec-11 XZ210 AgustaWestland Lynx AH.7 Gutersloh, Germany
- Lynx crew from HMS Chatham win rescue award
- Black Cats conclude 2011 display season at Duxford
- Danish Lynxes fly again