Finmeccanica has been awarded new orders for a value worth EUR 220 million through its companies Ansaldo Energia, SELEX Galileo, SELEX Elsag and Telespazio.
Ansaldo Energia, through its subsidiary Ansaldo Nucleare, has signed a service contract worth EUR 104 million with NucleoelÃ©ctrica Argentina - Sociedad Anonima (NASA). The aim of the contract is to upgrade and improve the efficiency of the thermal cycle and the turbogenerator under the project to extend the life of the Embalse nuclear power station, in Argentina.
SELEX Galileo has been award contracts for a total value of EUR 56 million. A first contract, signed with the Indian Navy, is to provide support and service solutions through to 2022 at the avionics facility at the Centre for Avionics Repair and Software Development (CARES) at India’s Naval Aircraft Yard at Kochi. A second contract has been awarded by the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) to supply 20 Titan 385ES-HD electro-optic turrets to equip the UK’s existing Chinook fleet as well as the new Mk.6 Chinooks due to enter service in 2016. In addition, the company has been awarded a contract by prime contractor Lockheed Martin to upgrade the laser targeting capabilities of US Army Apache helicopters.
SELEX Elsag has been awarded a contract by Russian Post valued at EUR 43 million for the creation of a Revenue Protection system. This will be able to detect income losses caused by difficulties with the postage of postal items throughout the postal network (postal offices, automated sorting centers and communication nodes).
Telespazio has been awarded two new contracts totally worth over USD 22 million, for the provision of commercial capacity services to the US Department of Defense. The contracts are relevant to one year lease of more than 350 MHz of satellite capacity on Eutelsat satellites.
DRS Technologies has been awarded an indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract with a value up to USD 40 million by the Department of Defense (DoD) for production of the Spot on Target (SPOTR) long-range day/night thermal sight for U.S. military forces. In addition, the company has been awarded for an indefinite-delivery, indefinite-quantity (IDIQ) contract with a value up to USD 94 million to provide the U.S. Navy Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR) with a range of electronic security services.
- Columbia Helicopters deploys to Western US wildfires
- Boeing to Streamline Royal Netherlands Air Force Rotorcraft Maintenance
- Boeing to reduce Philadelphia workforce
- Weatherhaven to make portable maintenance shelters for Canada’s Chinooks
- Goodrich awarded $48M contract for CH-47 fuel controls
- Eaton awarded $25M more for CH-47 hydraulic parts
- RAF confirms Chinook Display Team for 2013
- RAF Cosford Air Show Confirm Eye-Opening Helicopter Displays
- 25th CAB named AAAA Outstanding Aviation Unit of the Year
- RAF Chinook Pilot Honoured for Courage
- Boeing awarded $18M contract for Advanced Chinook Rotor Blade
- Eaton Aerospace awarded $9M contract for CH-47 axial pistons
- L-3 awarded $18.6M contract for Chinook flight display units
- Boeing awarded $40M of Chinook field service support
- Beaver receives Boeing Performance Excellence Award
- Helicopter loading system lightens burden on soldiers
- Dynamatic Technologies to make CH-47 aft pylon and cargo ramp
- 08-Feb-13 Boeing CH-47 Rowsley, UK
- Columbia announces Memorial Fund for families of Peruvian crash
- Engineering success at RAF Odiham