World leading helicopter engine manufacturer, Turbomeca (Safran group) is pleased to announce the new appointment of David Horton as Director, Commercial and Para public Operator Support for its U.S. operations. David will report to Jean-Marc Domergue, Vice President of Customer Support at Turbomeca USA, Inc.
David brings to his new position over 25 years of experience in aviation including executive positions at Bell Helicopter-Textron followed by Composite Technology, Inc. and Schweizer Helicopter Corporation, Inc., both subsidiary companies of the Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation. David returned home to the Greater Dallas-Ft. Worth area with his family to accept an executive position Uniflight, LLC prior to joining Turbomeca USA.
David received his Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Texas Tech University and earned his Master Degree in Business Administration in Aviation from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. In addition, he has completed both management and executive management programs at Southern Methodist University and University of Virginia, Darden School of Business.
David’s key focus will be to continue to enhance support to Turbomeca USA customers through continuous improvement and timely response to customer needs. Russ Spray, President & CEO of Turbomeca USA, adds “We are very excited to have David on our TMUSA team to reinforce our ongoing pursuit of service excellence.”
Turbomeca (Safran group) is the leading helicopter engine manufacturer, and has produced over 69 000 turbines based on its own designs since the company was founded. Offering the widest range of engines in the world and dedicated to 2,350 customers in 155 countries, Turbomeca provides a proximity service thanks to its 16 sites, 18 Maintenance Centers, 18 Repair & Overhaul Centers and 90 Field representatives and Field technicians. Microturbo, the subsidiary of Turbomeca, is the European leader in turbojet engines for missiles, drones and auxiliary power units.
- HeliRussia – First Kamov Ka62 to fly by August
- HeliRussia – Transas Aviation to provide locally-made GPS for Bell 407, 429
- HeliRussia – Exclases Holdings signs for a GrandNew
- HeliRussia – Exclases signs for five AW139s
- HeliRussia – Russia-Peru certification agreement opens up opportunties for Helisur
- HeliRussia – Russian Helicopters signs agreement with PANH Helicopters
- HeliRussia – Bell expands in Russia
- Helipad in Woodruff to be Discussed Again
- Dart launches Rear Locker Extender for B206 and B407
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M for long-lead V-22 components
- Night Flight Concepts Launches Industry Specific NVIS Solution Programs
- Kaweah Delta hosts helipad completion celebration
- Register Update – USA – week to 12 May 2013
- Breeze-Eastern to Design and Produce New Winch for MV-22
- RBC makes C$500K donation to STARS
- TAI shows R300 unmanned helicopter
- FLIR Systems awarded $81M US Army contract
- Royal Canadian Air Force begins TigerEx 2013
- Helmet saves Otago helicopter pilot’s life
- Pilot missing after Shandong helicopter hijacked by 20 men