The Defense Security Cooperation Agency notified Congress on June 12 of a possible Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Qatar of 12 UH-60M BLACK HAWK Utility Helicopters, 26 T700-GE-701D Engines (24 installed and 2 spares), 15 AN/AAR-57 V(7) Common Missile Warning Systems, 15 AN/AVR-2B Laser Detecting Sets, 15 AN/APR-39A(V)4 Radar Signal Detecting Sets, 26 M240H Machine Guns, and 26 AN/AVS-6 Night Vision Goggles. The estimated cost is $1.112 billion.
The Government of Qatar has requested a possible sale of 12 UH-60M BLACK HAWK Utility Helicopters, 26 T700-GE-701D Engines (24 installed and 2 spares), 15 AN/AAR-57 V(7) Common Missile Warning Systems, 15 AN/AVR-2B Laser Detecting Sets, 15 AN/APR-39A(V)4 Radar Signal Detecting Sets, 26 M240H Machine Guns, and 26 AN/AVS-6 Night Vision Goggles. Also included are M206 infrared countermeasure flares, M211 and M212 Advanced Infrared Countermeasure Munitions (AIRCM) flares, M134D-H Machine Guns, system integration and air worthiness certification, simulators, generators, transportation, wheeled vehicles and organization equipment, spare and repair parts, support equipment, tools and test equipment, technical data and publications, personnel training and training equipment, U.S. government and contractor engineering, technical, and logistics support services, and other related elements of logistics support. The estimated cost is $1.112 billion.
This proposed sale will contribute to the foreign policy and national security of the United States by helping to improve the security of a friendly country that has been, and continues to be, an important force for political and economic progress in the Middle East. Qatar is host to the U.S. AFCENT forces and serves as a critical forward-deployed location in the region. The proposed sale of the UH-60M BLACK HAWK helicopters will improve Qatar's capability to meet current and future threats and provide greater security for its critical oil and natural gas infrastructure, and significant national events. Qatar will use the enhanced capability to strengthen its homeland defense. Qatar will have no difficulty absorbing these helicopters into its armed forces. The proposed sale of this equipment and support will not alter the basic military balance in the region.
The prime contractors will be Sikorsky Aircraft Company in Stratford, Connecticut, and General Electric Aircraft Company in Lynn, Massachusetts. There are no known offset agreements proposed in connection with this potential sale. Implementation of this proposed sale will require the assignment of two contractor representatives to Qatar for a minimum of three years to support delivery of the helicopters and provide support and equipment familiarization. In addition, Qatar has expressed an interest in a Technical Assistance Fielding Team for in-country pilot and maintenance training. To support the requirement, a team of 12 personnel (one military team leader and 11 contractors) would be deployed to Qatar for approximately three years.
There will be no adverse impact on U.S. defense readiness as a result of this proposed sale. This notice of a potential sale is required by law and does not mean the sale has been concluded.
- FLIR Systems wins $23M US Coast Guard order
- Sikorsky awarded $11M contract for one UH-60M for Thailand
- Turkey’s Aselsan secures Sikorsky helicopter subcontract
- Colorado National Guard to open new $39M training facility
- Prototype Engineering awarded $10M Black Hawk overhaul work
- 16-Apr-13 Sikorsky CH-53E Chelwon, Korea
- Donaldson delivers engine filters for US Army Black Hawks
- Breeze-Eastern secures $6M order for Advanced Rescue Hoists
- 01-Apr-13 FAC-4105 Sikorsky UH-60L Tabacal, Colombia
- Swedish Black Hawks head for Afghanistan
- 11-Mar-13 Sikorsky UH-60 Daman district, Afghanistan (5F)
- L-3 Aviation Products Selected for Sikorsky H-60 and S-70i
- 15-Mar-13 Sikorsky MH-60R Chula Vista, US-California
- 24-Feb-13 EJC-2154 Sikorsky UH-60L Vistahermosa, Colombia (4F)
- Cold spray system wins environmental technology award
- New research report issued on Sikorsky
- 16-Dec-12 Sikorsky UH-60 Winner, US-South Dakota
- 15-Dec-12 FAC-4130 Sikorsky UH-60L Providencia, Colombia
- Sikorsky awarded $282M H-60 weapon system contract
- 12-Dec-12 Sikorsky MH-60R North Island NAS, US-California