Erickson Air-Crane, a leading operator and the manufacturer of the powerful heavy-lift helicopter, the Erickson S-64 Aircrane, today announced that it has been awarded a new exclusive use firefighting services contract with the US Forest Service (“USFS”). Under the terms of the contract, Erickson Air-Crane will provide aerial firefighting services using one heavy-lift Aircrane helicopter to be based out of Boise, Idaho for the 2012 fire season. Similar to the Company’s other USFS contracts, the new contract may be extended for a further three years at the USFS’s option. With this contract win, the Company now has a total of eight exclusive use contracts in place with the USFS.
“We are delighted that the USFS has selected another Erickson Air-Crane to protect the lives and property of US citizens from the dangers of fire now and in the future. This contract award is a testament to the dedication, professionalism, and extremely high level of service delivered by Erickson’s firefighting crews,” said Udo Rieder, President and CEO of Erickson Air-Crane.
The Company reiterates its guidance for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2012.
About Erickson Air-Crane Incorporated
Erickson Air-Crane specializes in the operation and manufacture of the Erickson S-64 Aircrane (the “Aircrane”), a versatile and powerful heavy-lift helicopter. The Aircrane has a lift capacity of up to 25,000 pounds and is the only commercial aircraft built specifically as a flying crane without a fuselage for internal loads. The Aircrane is also the only commercial heavy-lift helicopter with a rear load-facing cockpit, combining an unobstructed view and complete aircraft control for precision lift and load placement capabilities. Erickson Air-Crane owns and operates a fleet of 17 Aircranes, which are used to support a wide variety of government and commercial customers worldwide across a broad range of aerial services, including firefighting, timber harvesting, infrastructure construction, and crewing. Erickson Air-Crane also manufactures Aircranes and related components for sale to government and commercial customers and provides aftermarket support and maintenance, repair, and overhaul services for the Aircrane and other aircraft. Founded in 1971, Erickson Air-Crane is headquartered in Portland, Oregon with its principal manufacturing facility based in Central Point, Oregon. For more information, please visit http://www.ericksonaircrane.com.
- Erickson Air-Crane renews key timber/logging contracts
- Erickson Air-Crane reports FY2012 and Q4 results
- Erickson Air-Crane to present at the Cowen 34th Annual Aerospace and Defense Conference
- Erickson signs $14M contract with Peru’s Pacific Rubiales Energy
- Erickson Air-Crane to Webcast its Presentation at the Imperial Capital Security Investor Conference
- Erickson Air-Crane announces 2012Q3 results
- Erickson Air-Crane names new General Manager
- Erickson Air-Crane buys Sun Bird aircraft from San Diego Gas & Electric
- Erickson Air-Crane to present at the Craig-Hallum 3rd Annual Alpha Select Conference
- SDG&E Renews Air-Crane Support For Regional Firefighters
- Erickson Air-Crane announces 2012 Q2 results
- Erickson Air-Crane announces Q2 conference call
- US Forest Service adds four heavy helicopters to support wildfire suppression
- Evergreen Helicopters wins $8.1M US million Army contract
- Erickson Air-Crane wins $44M Greek firefighting contract
- 50th Anniversary of CH-54 Skycrane’s Maiden Flight
- Erickson Air-Crane announces Q1 conference call
- Erickson Air-Crane amends stock offering
- Victoria Government angers residents by reducing aerial fire cover
- Erickson Air-Crane lays off 20% of workforce