Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. company (NYSE: TXT), announced today that the Bell Helicopter Training Academy (BTA) has received European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) approval to provide pilot training on Bell 429 helicopters.
The Bell 429 pilot training program blends theoretical knowledge instruction with specific aircraft training tasks that are conducted in the advanced flight training device, as well as in the aircraft itself. In addition to the program approval, EASA certified the Bell 429 flight training device to Level 2, which combined with the BTA’s existing suite of EASA maintenance training approvals, allows Bell Helicopter to satisfy all of the regulatory training requirements required of any 429 pilot.
"We constantly strive to provide solutions to our operators' growing training needs," stated Eric Cardinali, executive vice president of Customer Support and Services for Bell Helicopter. "Part of that solution is gaining regulatory approvals in order to provide our customers access to the breadth of training programs provided by the BTA."
Located at Fort Worth Alliance Airport, the BTA takes pride in delivering some of the finest helicopter training in the world with highly skilled professional pilots and technical instructors. BTA incorporates the latest technological advancements into its aviation training programs and continues to invest in the development of new, industry-leading initiatives to promote helicopter safety. Recent additions to courseware and classroom training aids includes desktop trainers, cockpit procedures trainers, interactive graphics for virtual assembly and reassembly of parts and an online refresher course.
"Bell Helicopter is committed to providing our customers with safe and innovative training solutions," stated Trey Wade, director of Bell Helicopter Training Academy. "EASA’s approval of the Bell 429 pilot training program allows us to satisfy more of our customers' training requirements, not only in Europe, but also, throughout the world."
- HeliRussia – Transas Aviation to provide locally-made GPS for Bell 407, 429
- HeliRussia – Bell expands in Russia
- Astronics Max-Viz 1500 Approved For New and Retrofit Bell 429s
- Bell showcases versatile aircraft at AeroExpo 2013
- Aeronautical Accessories launches Bell 429 skid shoes
- Delaware State Police contract for two Bell 429s
- Indonesia approves heavier Bell 429
- Retractable gear Bell 429 – First pictures
- Tanis announces preheat system for Bell 429
- Bell appoints new Russian Sales Representative
- Bell 429 Cargo Basket available through Aeronautical Accessories
- Aeronautical Accessories exclusively distributes Tanis preheat system for Bell 429
- Israel Certifies Bell 429
- Bell at Heli-Expo – Relentlessly focused on its customers
- Bell confirms HeliHub.com stories on Nigerian 429s
- Nigeria validates higher weight Bell 429
- RSG completes Bell 429s for European and Latin American customers
- Bell civil helicopter sales up 50% in 2012
- First EMS Bell 429 arrives in Nigeria for NEMA
- Nigerian Police receive a Bell 429