AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce that the New Jersey State Police has today taken delivery of their fifth and final AW139 helicopter under their fleet replacement program. The aircraft were produced at AgustaWestlandâ€™s Philadelphia, Pennsylvania production facility.
â€œWe are extremely proud to deliver the final AW139 to the New Jersey State Police,â€ said Robert Brant, Vice President of Sales and Marketing.Â â€œWe are honored to become a member of the New Jersey State Police family, and as a neighbor, we look forward to supporting the State of New Jersey.â€
With this new fleet of AW139s, the New Jersey State Police has expanded its capability to meet their airborne law enforcement and aero medical missions. Â The AW139 is a true multi-mission aircraft that is performing both homeland security and public service missions throughout North America. Operators include the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Los Angeles Fire Department and several major aeromedical and rescue organisations. The AW139 has also been selected by Maryland State Police Aviation Command with the first helicopters delivering in the second half of 2012, ahead of the currently contracted delivery schedule. The safety, economy, performance and capabilities of the AW139 make it the worldâ€™s best selling aircraft in its class.
“These helicoptersÂ enhance our response capabilities in tactical and search and rescue operations.Â Our members canÂ reach areas thatÂ are otherwise inaccessible, such as mountainside locations or disabled ships on the water.Â Â The AW139 allows us to extract victims and provide immediate Medevac to area hospitals, which willÂ save lives,” said Major Brian McPherson, Commanding Officer of the Special Operations Section.
AgustaWestland continues to expand its Philadelphia, Pennsylvania based production facility.Â A leading local employer, the Philadelphia facility is home to the worldwide production of the AW119Ke light single-engine platform, in addition to production of the medium-twin AW139 and final completions of the AW109 Power and GrandNew light-twin platforms.
In service since 2004 and with over 640 aircraft sold to 170 customers worldwide and over 150 customers in North America, the AW139 continues to set new standards in the medium twin market.Â It is the fastest helicopter in its class with a maximum cruise speed of 167 knots and the only medium twin-engine helicopter in production that not only meets, but also exceeds, the latest FAR 29 certification standards for safety.
- Leonardo sells 15 AW139s into China, with 160 to follow
- Victoria Police to replace Dauphins with AW139s
- LCI completes AW139 transition with Elitaliana
- Nepalese Army takes delivery of AW139
- HeliOffshore held the 2nd in a series of Human Hazard Analysis workshops
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Bristow Caribbean marks 30,000 hour milestone in AW139 fleet
- CHC implements real-time HUMS
- ACE Training Centre adds new AW139 and B412 approvals
- US Air Force selects the MH-139 based on Leonardo AW139
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Aramco signs AW139 fleet renewal deal
- EASA approves United Rotorcraft EMS interior STC for AW139 and AW169
- TAL Reveals New AW139s
- ASU Obtains EASA NVIS STC on AW139
- Nepal Army procures one AW139 and two H125s
- LCI expands into China with lease of three AW139s
- CopterSafety upgrades AW139 simulator with Phase 7 avionics
- Bristow renews and expands Perenco AW139 contract
- Pakistan continues helicopter fleet renewal with order for additional AW139s