AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce that the New Jersey State Police has today taken delivery of their fifth and final AW139 helicopter under their fleet replacement program. The aircraft were produced at AgustaWestlandâ€™s Philadelphia, Pennsylvania production facility.
â€œWe are extremely proud to deliver the final AW139 to the New Jersey State Police,â€ said Robert Brant, Vice President of Sales and Marketing.Â â€œWe are honored to become a member of the New Jersey State Police family, and as a neighbor, we look forward to supporting the State of New Jersey.â€
With this new fleet of AW139s, the New Jersey State Police has expanded its capability to meet their airborne law enforcement and aero medical missions. Â The AW139 is a true multi-mission aircraft that is performing both homeland security and public service missions throughout North America. Operators include the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Los Angeles Fire Department and several major aeromedical and rescue organisations. The AW139 has also been selected by Maryland State Police Aviation Command with the first helicopters delivering in the second half of 2012, ahead of the currently contracted delivery schedule. The safety, economy, performance and capabilities of the AW139 make it the worldâ€™s best selling aircraft in its class.
“These helicoptersÂ enhance our response capabilities in tactical and search and rescue operations.Â Our members canÂ reach areas thatÂ are otherwise inaccessible, such as mountainside locations or disabled ships on the water.Â Â The AW139 allows us to extract victims and provide immediate Medevac to area hospitals, which willÂ save lives,” said Major Brian McPherson, Commanding Officer of the Special Operations Section.
AgustaWestland continues to expand its Philadelphia, Pennsylvania based production facility.Â A leading local employer, the Philadelphia facility is home to the worldwide production of the AW119Ke light single-engine platform, in addition to production of the medium-twin AW139 and final completions of the AW109 Power and GrandNew light-twin platforms.
In service since 2004 and with over 640 aircraft sold to 170 customers worldwide and over 150 customers in North America, the AW139 continues to set new standards in the medium twin market.Â It is the fastest helicopter in its class with a maximum cruise speed of 167 knots and the only medium twin-engine helicopter in production that not only meets, but also exceeds, the latest FAR 29 certification standards for safety.
- Expansion for Weststar Aviation Services
- Australia – Milestone to Lease AW139 to LifeFlight
- Toll appointed by Leonardo to deliver AW139 simulator
- Waypoint Leasing Places AW139 on Lease to Heliconia
- Leonardo gets more orders for AgustaWestland helicopters
- Waypoint Leasing Places AW139 on Lease with HNZ
- LCI Experiencing busiest year ever at Helitech 2016
- UK SAR helicopters in new trial
- Waypoint leases pre-owned AW139 to Canadian EMS operator
- UK – New Scilly Isles helicopter service proposed with AW139s
- US Dept of Homeland Security sell their two AW139s
- Leonardo demos AW139 at MTOW up to 49 Celsius
- Government of Pakistan orders AW139s
- Italian Coast Guard orders two more AW139s, plus two options
- FAA validates two AW139 cabin STCs for Mecaer Aviation Group
- Waypoint places two ex-CHC AW139s in Africa and Asia
- Australian EMS operator renames – CareFlight becomes LifeFlight
- Leonardo celebrates delivery of 50th AW139 to Japan
- Second AW139 arrives for Croatian Police
- Waypoint places two new S-92s