AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce that the New Jersey State Police has today taken delivery of their fifth and final AW139 helicopter under their fleet replacement program. The aircraft were produced at AgustaWestland’s Philadelphia, Pennsylvania production facility.
“We are extremely proud to deliver the final AW139 to the New Jersey State Police,” said Robert Brant, Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “We are honored to become a member of the New Jersey State Police family, and as a neighbor, we look forward to supporting the State of New Jersey.”
With this new fleet of AW139s, the New Jersey State Police has expanded its capability to meet their airborne law enforcement and aero medical missions. The AW139 is a true multi-mission aircraft that is performing both homeland security and public service missions throughout North America. Operators include the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Los Angeles Fire Department and several major aeromedical and rescue organisations. The AW139 has also been selected by Maryland State Police Aviation Command with the first helicopters delivering in the second half of 2012, ahead of the currently contracted delivery schedule. The safety, economy, performance and capabilities of the AW139 make it the world’s best selling aircraft in its class.
"These helicopters enhance our response capabilities in tactical and search and rescue operations. Our members can reach areas that are otherwise inaccessible, such as mountainside locations or disabled ships on the water. The AW139 allows us to extract victims and provide immediate Medevac to area hospitals, which will save lives," said Major Brian McPherson, Commanding Officer of the Special Operations Section.
AgustaWestland continues to expand its Philadelphia, Pennsylvania based production facility. A leading local employer, the Philadelphia facility is home to the worldwide production of the AW119Ke light single-engine platform, in addition to production of the medium-twin AW139 and final completions of the AW109 Power and GrandNew light-twin platforms.
In service since 2004 and with over 640 aircraft sold to 170 customers worldwide and over 150 customers in North America, the AW139 continues to set new standards in the medium twin market. It is the fastest helicopter in its class with a maximum cruise speed of 167 knots and the only medium twin-engine helicopter in production that not only meets, but also exceeds, the latest FAR 29 certification standards for safety.
- Maryland AW139s flew 136 community outreach missions in 2013
- AgustaWestland to Open Canadian Supply Centre
- Weststar Aviation starts operations in Morocco with two AW139s
- Trakka signs long term A800 agreement with AgustaWestland
- Milestone Aviation Group signs for five AW139s and three AW189s
- ASU Completes 800th FAA Approved NVIS Modification
- LCI signs for seven AW139s and another seven options
- Atlas Air Taxi to operate AW139s in Brazil
- Omni signs for four AW139s and five AW189s
- Honeywell Fleet Tracking System Certified For S-76, AW139, AS350
- LCI commits to 14 more AW139s and 4 more AW189s
- Japan – Tottori Prefecture orders firefighting AW139
- Japan – Yamagata Prefecture orders firefighting AW139
- AgustaWestland signs deals worth $357 Million
- Leonardo – the new Customer Portal for AgustaWestland operators
- Heli Expo Premiere For AgustaWestland Family
- Banff hospital on priority list for helipad upgrade
- Hamad Medical officially launches AW139 air ambulance fleet
- Travira Air to take delivery of two AW139s
- Atlantic Aviation commences AW139 flights for Shell Nigeria