AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce that the New Jersey State Police has today taken delivery of their fifth and final AW139 helicopter under their fleet replacement program. The aircraft were produced at AgustaWestlandâ€™s Philadelphia, Pennsylvania production facility.
â€œWe are extremely proud to deliver the final AW139 to the New Jersey State Police,â€ said Robert Brant, Vice President of Sales and Marketing.Â â€œWe are honored to become a member of the New Jersey State Police family, and as a neighbor, we look forward to supporting the State of New Jersey.â€
With this new fleet of AW139s, the New Jersey State Police has expanded its capability to meet their airborne law enforcement and aero medical missions. Â The AW139 is a true multi-mission aircraft that is performing both homeland security and public service missions throughout North America. Operators include the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Los Angeles Fire Department and several major aeromedical and rescue organisations. The AW139 has also been selected by Maryland State Police Aviation Command with the first helicopters delivering in the second half of 2012, ahead of the currently contracted delivery schedule. The safety, economy, performance and capabilities of the AW139 make it the worldâ€™s best selling aircraft in its class.
“These helicoptersÂ enhance our response capabilities in tactical and search and rescue operations.Â Our members canÂ reach areas thatÂ are otherwise inaccessible, such as mountainside locations or disabled ships on the water.Â Â The AW139 allows us to extract victims and provide immediate Medevac to area hospitals, which willÂ save lives,” said Major Brian McPherson, Commanding Officer of the Special Operations Section.
AgustaWestland continues to expand its Philadelphia, Pennsylvania based production facility.Â A leading local employer, the Philadelphia facility is home to the worldwide production of the AW119Ke light single-engine platform, in addition to production of the medium-twin AW139 and final completions of the AW109 Power and GrandNew light-twin platforms.
In service since 2004 and with over 640 aircraft sold to 170 customers worldwide and over 150 customers in North America, the AW139 continues to set new standards in the medium twin market.Â It is the fastest helicopter in its class with a maximum cruise speed of 167 knots and the only medium twin-engine helicopter in production that not only meets, but also exceeds, the latest FAR 29 certification standards for safety.
- Leonardo Expands In The Philippines
- New AW139s Unable to Land on Northern New South Wales Helipads
- CAE-Lider joint venture strengthens its training partnership with Leonardo Helicopters
- Waypoint Leasing Places AW139 on Lease to PT. Air Born Indonesia
- LCI delivers AW139 to Heli-Union
- Italian Guardia di Finanza pick TrakkaBeam A800 searchlight for new AW139s
- Heli-One Poland Approved for Leonardo AW139 2nd Generation Exhaust Duct Repair
- Leonardo expands presence of the bestselling AW139 in Japan with first VIP helicopter sale
- Leonardo strengthens strategic partnership with Shanghai Zenisun
- Saab Certifies Axnes PNG System for AW139
- Waypoint joins with Eagle to reconfigure early AW139s for utility market
- Corporate and VIP operators across the Americas select AW139, AW169
- HeliFlite Destined for Part 135 VIP Service on Eastern Seaboard
- Leonardo takes delivery of 2000th PT6C-67C engine for AW139 program
- 12 AW139s start EMS ops in Australia with Donaldson inlet barrier filters
- Milestone Aviation to lease two AW139s to Norsk Luftambulanse
- Boeing submits AW139 bid for USAF UH-1N replacement
- Precision Aviation Group to Support AW139
- Pakistan expands its AW139 fleet with new orders
- Swedish Prosecutor drops SAR AW139 case