AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce that the New Jersey State Police has today taken delivery of their fifth and final AW139 helicopter under their fleet replacement program. The aircraft were produced at AgustaWestlandâ€™s Philadelphia, Pennsylvania production facility.
â€œWe are extremely proud to deliver the final AW139 to the New Jersey State Police,â€ said Robert Brant, Vice President of Sales and Marketing.Â â€œWe are honored to become a member of the New Jersey State Police family, and as a neighbor, we look forward to supporting the State of New Jersey.â€
With this new fleet of AW139s, the New Jersey State Police has expanded its capability to meet their airborne law enforcement and aero medical missions. Â The AW139 is a true multi-mission aircraft that is performing both homeland security and public service missions throughout North America. Operators include the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Los Angeles Fire Department and several major aeromedical and rescue organisations. The AW139 has also been selected by Maryland State Police Aviation Command with the first helicopters delivering in the second half of 2012, ahead of the currently contracted delivery schedule. The safety, economy, performance and capabilities of the AW139 make it the worldâ€™s best selling aircraft in its class.
“These helicoptersÂ enhance our response capabilities in tactical and search and rescue operations.Â Our members canÂ reach areas thatÂ are otherwise inaccessible, such as mountainside locations or disabled ships on the water.Â Â The AW139 allows us to extract victims and provide immediate Medevac to area hospitals, which willÂ save lives,” said Major Brian McPherson, Commanding Officer of the Special Operations Section.
AgustaWestland continues to expand its Philadelphia, Pennsylvania based production facility.Â A leading local employer, the Philadelphia facility is home to the worldwide production of the AW119Ke light single-engine platform, in addition to production of the medium-twin AW139 and final completions of the AW109 Power and GrandNew light-twin platforms.
In service since 2004 and with over 640 aircraft sold to 170 customers worldwide and over 150 customers in North America, the AW139 continues to set new standards in the medium twin market.Â It is the fastest helicopter in its class with a maximum cruise speed of 167 knots and the only medium twin-engine helicopter in production that not only meets, but also exceeds, the latest FAR 29 certification standards for safety.
Fifth and final AW139 delivered to New Jersey State Police
- Era Helicopters expands in Gulf of Mexico
- Bristow builds on a strong heritage for a brighter future in Europe
- New Generation AW169 Full Scale Production Underway
- India – Pawan Hans to start AW139 operations
- AW189 production line to be set up in Russia
- Carabineros de Chile Order an AW139
- After three S76s, billionaire takes delivery of AW139
- New South Wales splits EMS cover into two contracts
- Court puts halt to Sindh AW139 acquisition
- Armed Forces of Malta takes delivery of second AW139
- Waypoint Leasing Closes 31 Aircraft Acquisition from First Reserve
- Trinidad and Tobago Air Guard Reaches Key Training,Capability Milestones
- Pakistan – Sindh Province orders AW139
- “Gulf Helicopters confirms delivery of second pair of AW189s”
- Tokyo Metropolitan Police Orders another AW139
- Japan’s Iwate Prefecture Orders an AW139 for Firefighting
- Gulf Helicopters Celebrates AW189 Entry into Service
- Italian State Police AW139 deliveries completed
- Caverton Helicopters adds ninth AW139
- AW189 delays mean Bristow will fly AW139 on UK Coastguard contract