AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce that the New Jersey State Police has today taken delivery of their fifth and final AW139 helicopter under their fleet replacement program. The aircraft were produced at AgustaWestland’s Philadelphia, Pennsylvania production facility.
“We are extremely proud to deliver the final AW139 to the New Jersey State Police,” said Robert Brant, Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “We are honored to become a member of the New Jersey State Police family, and as a neighbor, we look forward to supporting the State of New Jersey.”
With this new fleet of AW139s, the New Jersey State Police has expanded its capability to meet their airborne law enforcement and aero medical missions. The AW139 is a true multi-mission aircraft that is performing both homeland security and public service missions throughout North America. Operators include the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Los Angeles Fire Department and several major aeromedical and rescue organisations. The AW139 has also been selected by Maryland State Police Aviation Command with the first helicopters delivering in the second half of 2012, ahead of the currently contracted delivery schedule. The safety, economy, performance and capabilities of the AW139 make it the world’s best selling aircraft in its class.
"These helicopters enhance our response capabilities in tactical and search and rescue operations. Our members can reach areas that are otherwise inaccessible, such as mountainside locations or disabled ships on the water. The AW139 allows us to extract victims and provide immediate Medevac to area hospitals, which will save lives," said Major Brian McPherson, Commanding Officer of the Special Operations Section.
AgustaWestland continues to expand its Philadelphia, Pennsylvania based production facility. A leading local employer, the Philadelphia facility is home to the worldwide production of the AW119Ke light single-engine platform, in addition to production of the medium-twin AW139 and final completions of the AW109 Power and GrandNew light-twin platforms.
In service since 2004 and with over 640 aircraft sold to 170 customers worldwide and over 150 customers in North America, the AW139 continues to set new standards in the medium twin market. It is the fastest helicopter in its class with a maximum cruise speed of 167 knots and the only medium twin-engine helicopter in production that not only meets, but also exceeds, the latest FAR 29 certification standards for safety.
- STARS offers time, hope and life-saving transport to critically ill and injured patients.
- Weststar accepts first AW189; Passes 50,000 hours on AW139 fleet
- Yokohama City Fire Dept orders second AW139
- AW139 fleet passes 1,000,000 flight hours milestone
- Bangladesh Air Force orders two SAR AW139s
- AgustaWestland Sells Another AW139 VIP in UK
- Australian Helicopters signs for six AW139s on EMS mission
- LCI places AW139 with Indwe Aviation in South Africa
- Armed Forces of Malta take delivery of first new helicopter
- Ducommun expands AW139 wiring harness contract
- Precision to distribute new Safran Power AW139 Replacement Starter Generator
- CAE signs agreement with Caverton Helicopters for AW139 training centre in Nigeria
- Italian eyewear company Luxottica buys AW139
- 31-May-14 AgustaWestland AW139 Balsam Lake, Canada
- Turkey – Kaan Air orders VIP-configured AW139 and AW189
- Australian Helicopters wins 10 year EMS contract with five AW139s
- AgustaWestland signs up distributor for Morocco
- Saudi Aramco signs for another AW139
- Japan – Kagoshima Prefectural Police orders AW139
- CHC AW139 fleet passes 100,000 Flight Hours