AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce that the New Jersey State Police has today taken delivery of their fifth and final AW139 helicopter under their fleet replacement program. The aircraft were produced at AgustaWestlandâ€™s Philadelphia, Pennsylvania production facility.
â€œWe are extremely proud to deliver the final AW139 to the New Jersey State Police,â€ said Robert Brant, Vice President of Sales and Marketing.Â â€œWe are honored to become a member of the New Jersey State Police family, and as a neighbor, we look forward to supporting the State of New Jersey.â€
With this new fleet of AW139s, the New Jersey State Police has expanded its capability to meet their airborne law enforcement and aero medical missions. Â The AW139 is a true multi-mission aircraft that is performing both homeland security and public service missions throughout North America. Operators include the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Los Angeles Fire Department and several major aeromedical and rescue organisations. The AW139 has also been selected by Maryland State Police Aviation Command with the first helicopters delivering in the second half of 2012, ahead of the currently contracted delivery schedule. The safety, economy, performance and capabilities of the AW139 make it the worldâ€™s best selling aircraft in its class.
“These helicoptersÂ enhance our response capabilities in tactical and search and rescue operations.Â Our members canÂ reach areas thatÂ are otherwise inaccessible, such as mountainside locations or disabled ships on the water.Â Â The AW139 allows us to extract victims and provide immediate Medevac to area hospitals, which willÂ save lives,” said Major Brian McPherson, Commanding Officer of the Special Operations Section.
AgustaWestland continues to expand its Philadelphia, Pennsylvania based production facility.Â A leading local employer, the Philadelphia facility is home to the worldwide production of the AW119Ke light single-engine platform, in addition to production of the medium-twin AW139 and final completions of the AW109 Power and GrandNew light-twin platforms.
In service since 2004 and with over 640 aircraft sold to 170 customers worldwide and over 150 customers in North America, the AW139 continues to set new standards in the medium twin market.Â It is the fastest helicopter in its class with a maximum cruise speed of 167 knots and the only medium twin-engine helicopter in production that not only meets, but also exceeds, the latest FAR 29 certification standards for safety.
- Penzance HP team point out flaws in Steamship AW169 plans
- Leonardo approves fifth Service Centre in Japan
- Everett Aviation re-introduces AW139
- CHC Completes First Flight for Ørsted’s Hornsea Project One
- Milestone leases eight AW139s to China EMS operator
- Héli-Union increases it’s AW139 fleet
- New AW109 and AW139 service centre at Milan Linate Airport
- Panama receives two more AW139s
- Netherlands police order another AW139
- AW139 fleet reaches milestone 2,000,000 flight hours
- CHC lease AW139 from Lobo Leasing
- Italy orders 8 more AW139s for public service and security operations
- NHSL adds EC135 and AW139 in Trinidad and Tobago
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Qatari Amiri Air Force launches AW139 simulator
- Queensland Government orders two more AW139s
- Milestone Aviation Group Supports Indian Heligo’s Growth
- Leonardo’s Japanese helicopter market grows
- DART AW139 retrofit Emergency Float System will be available to the after-market