AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce that the New Jersey State Police has today taken delivery of their fifth and final AW139 helicopter under their fleet replacement program. The aircraft were produced at AgustaWestlandâ€™s Philadelphia, Pennsylvania production facility.
â€œWe are extremely proud to deliver the final AW139 to the New Jersey State Police,â€ said Robert Brant, Vice President of Sales and Marketing.Â â€œWe are honored to become a member of the New Jersey State Police family, and as a neighbor, we look forward to supporting the State of New Jersey.â€
With this new fleet of AW139s, the New Jersey State Police has expanded its capability to meet their airborne law enforcement and aero medical missions. Â The AW139 is a true multi-mission aircraft that is performing both homeland security and public service missions throughout North America. Operators include the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Los Angeles Fire Department and several major aeromedical and rescue organisations. The AW139 has also been selected by Maryland State Police Aviation Command with the first helicopters delivering in the second half of 2012, ahead of the currently contracted delivery schedule. The safety, economy, performance and capabilities of the AW139 make it the worldâ€™s best selling aircraft in its class.
“These helicoptersÂ enhance our response capabilities in tactical and search and rescue operations.Â Our members canÂ reach areas thatÂ are otherwise inaccessible, such as mountainside locations or disabled ships on the water.Â Â The AW139 allows us to extract victims and provide immediate Medevac to area hospitals, which willÂ save lives,” said Major Brian McPherson, Commanding Officer of the Special Operations Section.
AgustaWestland continues to expand its Philadelphia, Pennsylvania based production facility.Â A leading local employer, the Philadelphia facility is home to the worldwide production of the AW119Ke light single-engine platform, in addition to production of the medium-twin AW139 and final completions of the AW109 Power and GrandNew light-twin platforms.
In service since 2004 and with over 640 aircraft sold to 170 customers worldwide and over 150 customers in North America, the AW139 continues to set new standards in the medium twin market.Â It is the fastest helicopter in its class with a maximum cruise speed of 167 knots and the only medium twin-engine helicopter in production that not only meets, but also exceeds, the latest FAR 29 certification standards for safety.
Fifth and final AW139 delivered to New Jersey State Police
- Bangladesh SAR AW139s being test flown by AW
- Atlantic Airways to replace 412s with AW139s
- Sweden opens corruption probe over AW139 SAR order
- Guardia Costiera increases AW139 fleet
- Waypoint does S76/AW139 lease deal with Titan Helicopters
- Silk Way Helicopter Services to become AW service center
- Milestone Confirms Orders for Three More AW139s
- Deliveries completed of all seven Swedish SAR AW139s
- Golden Eagle Aviation Orders an AW139 Helicopter
- AW139 Helicopter Delivered to Ivory Coast
- Faroe Islands Carrier Atlantic Airways buys Two AW139s
- US Ex-Im and AirFinance fund two AW139 deliveries
- North Pole Investments Signs for One AW139 and One AW189
- AW139 Reliability Data Sharing Group holds first meeting
- AW139 enters service with Carabineros de Chile
- Construction begins on Brisbane campus to include AW139 simulator
- Ex-Im Bank to finance two AW139s for Helistar in Colombia
- Heli-One MRO services receive Korean approval
- Weststar awarded five year contract for two AW139s
- New exhibitors target Helitech International 2015 as the place to do business