AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce that Era Group (“Era”) has signed a contract for five AW189 helicopters plus options. These aircraft will be used to perform long range offshore transport missions.
Emilio Dalmasso, Senior Vice President Commercial Business Unit, AgustaWestland said “We are delighted to have signed this contract with Era, a major player in the oil and gas transportation market and already a well established AW139 operator. Introducing the AW189 into its fleet will allow Era to utilise the very latest technology for long range offshore transport missions while benefitting from the unique common design philosophy shared by the AW139 and AW189 as part of the AgustaWestland family of next generation commercial helicopters.”
The AW189 was launched in response to the growing market demand for a versatile, affordable, multirole helicopter in the 8-tonne class and has rapidly found success for long range missions, especially in the offshore oil and gas market, with firm orders and options nearing 60 units to date.
With the maiden flight performed in December 2011 and certification expected in 2013, the twin engine AW189 helicopter is optimised for the long range offshore transport and SAR missions. The spacious cabin is configured with 16 seats as standard with the option for a high density 18 seat layout or a long range 12 seat configuration. The cockpit design, incorporating the latest in advanced situational awareness technologies, will reduce crew workload and enhance safety. The AW189 will meet the very latest international regulatory safety requirements (EASA / FAA Part 29, JAR OPS 3 / EU-OPS).
The AW189 will benefit from the extensive and expanding AgustaWestland worldwide support network already serving the offshore oil and gas industry. A comprehensive array of simulator and training devices will progressively be made available to serve the worldwide AW189 customer base.
The AW189 is part of AgustaWestland’s family of new generation helicopters that includes the AW169 and AW139 models. These helicopters all possess the same high performance flight characteristics and safety features and share the same common cockpit layout, design philosophy and maintenance concepts. This approach will deliver real cost savings in areas such as training, maintenance and support for existing operators of the AW139 who add AW189 and/or AW169 helicopters to their fleets.
About Era Group Inc.
Era Group Inc. is one of the largest helicopter operators in the world and the longest serving helicopter transport operator in the United States. Era and its subsidiaries provide personnel transport services to the shallow and deepwater oil and gas fields primarily in the Gulf of Mexico and Alaska, air medical transport services, leasing services to third parties worldwide and a diverse array of training programs for rotorcraft professionals. Additionally they provide a variety of aviation-related services at an FBO base in Anchorage, Alaska. Era Group Inc. is committed to service and safety excellence in every aspect of its operations.
- Aero Sekur returns to Paris Air Show with AW189 liferaft system
- UK – AgustaWestland to contribute to new Scilly Isles link?
- VIP AW189 interior by superyacht interior designer
- AgustaWestland AW149 / AW189 flight testing in Arizona
- Weststar signs for six AW139 and two AW189 at LIMA 2013
- Bristow to operate SAR AW189s from 2015
- Official – Bristow win UK SAR with ten S92s and ten AW189s
- Reports…. Bristow win UK SAR contract worth £3 Billion
- Waypoint Leasing signs for GrandNew, AW139, AW169 and AW189
- AgustaWestland demonstrates 50 minute gearbox “Run Dry” capability to EASA
- AW189 beats EC175 in UK SAR contest
- AgustaWestland expects UK civil production to take off
- Azerbaijan Airlines orders eight AW139 and two AW189
- Microturbo provides update on e-APU60 certification
- AW189 successfully completes hot-and-high trials
- AgustaWestland family of new generation helicopters makes public premiere at Farnborough
- AgustaWestland exhibits AW189 SAR at Farnborough
- Microturbo e-APU60 completes first flight tests in AW189
- Lease Corporation International makes appointment to cover the Americas
- Russia’s Exclases Holdings signs contract for AW169, AW139 and AW189s