AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce that Caverton Helicopters of Nigeria has been appointed an AgustaWestland Authorized Service Centre for the AW139 intermediate twin helicopter in Nigeria.
, Caverton’s Service Centre based in West Africa’s commercial hub, Lagos, will provide maintenance and repair services and an extensive a spare parts inventory for the type, offering an even greater level of service to AW139 operators across the region
Caverton is currently operating six AW139s performing offshore transport missions in support of the oil and gas industry in Nigeria and is planning to purchase additional AW139 helicopters for offshore and VIP transport operations. These orders for AW139s by Caverton have boosted the presence of AgustaWestland in Nigeria to approximately 23 helicopters of varying types being used in both commercial and government applications.
Designating Caverton Helicopters as an Authorized Service Centre for the AW139 in Nigeria is the latest step in AgustaWestland’s programme to enhance its global customer support services This strategic choice brings the number of AgustaWestland Service Centres worldwide to over eighty, with a programme underway to continually expand this network of Service Centres.
Executive Vice Chairman of Caverton Helicopters, Adeniyi Makanjuola said “We welcome the opportunity to have been appointed as an Authorized Service Centre, and we are confident that the breadth and depth of our service portfolio and local expertise will meet the regions’ needs, as the market expands. This designation, further cements our position as a wholly indigenous operator in the region working to global standards of industrial airworthiness and reliability.”
Headquartered in Lagos, Caverton Helicopters is the first wholly indigenous civil helicopter company to work in the oil and gas industry. Operating from facilities around the country Caverton Helicopters provides a range of services including transportation, maintenance, search and rescue and related services to offshore oil companies and other business sectors.
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- HeliRussia – Exclases signs for five AW139s
- RBC makes C$500K donation to STARS
- Neighbours complain at temporary EMS helipad
- Sky Shuttle Helicopters’ First All-Female Crew
- Ornge Sells Two Surplus AW139s
- Former Ornge directors say they didn’t know about CEO’s extra fees
- UK – Dyson adds second AW139 to corporate fleet
- Dart launches lightweight interior ceiling panels for AW139
- UTair becomes first Russian AW139 operator
- RSG Delivers Universal Gimbal Mount Design for AW139
- Japanese STC for AW139 firefighting belly tank system
- Weststar signs for six AW139 and two AW189 at LIMA 2013
- Ornge investigation may take another year, says OPP
- New AW139 Simulator Obtains ENAC Certification to Level D
- Spectro are approved suppliers for debris and oil analysis services for AW139 operators
- New Ontario hospital helipad to improve patient care
- Honeywell receives FAA STC for AW139 Zing HUMS
- Saudi Medevac to Be Equipped with AW139
- Waypoint Leasing signs for GrandNew, AW139, AW169 and AW189