American Eurocopter announced today that the Utah Highway Patrol has purchased an AS350® B3e for its Aero Bureau fleet. The new B3e will bring enhanced capabilities to the Bureau’s current fleet of two AS350 B2s that support law enforcement agencies statewide, whose efforts protect the citizens of Utah.
“When we decided to add a third aircraft to our fleet, we knew we needed something with the performance and capacity that would allow us to complete our wide variety of missions,” said Captain Luke Bowman, Utah Highway Patrol. “We regularly fly missions at 12,000 feet, and the AS350 B3e delivers the performance to work at those altitudes with power to spare. With the AStar’s wider cabin and flat floor, we can accommodate more mission equipment and cargo.”
The AS350 B3e is the latest version of the AStar® family, one of the most popular, high-tech helicopter platforms in the U.S. Airborne Law Enforcement community. The AStar is known for its performance, reliability and multi-mission flexibility. The B3e brings next-generation performance to the family. The aircraft is powered by a new Turbomeca Arriel 2D engine that delivers a higher cruise speed, and is equipped with a new dual-channel FADEC and Engine Data Recorder, which enhance safety and system management.
“The AS350 B3e is a natural fit for the Utah Highway Patrol,” said Ed Van Winkle, American Eurocopter’s Sales Manager for Airborne Law Enforcement. “It will provide them with the added performance they need to operate hot and high missions, and it allows them to standardize on the AStar family of helicopters so they can maintain commonality in training and maintenance.”
The Utah Highway Patrol Aero Bureau utilizes its helicopters as direct-support force multipliers to complete the Bureau’s mission to provide professional, timely, and safe aviation support to the Utah Department of Public Safety and other federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies – all with the goal of providing a safe and secure environment for the citizens of the State of Utah.
For more information on the AS350 B3e, or any other helicopter made for the law enforcement mission, stop by American Eurocopter’s ALEA booth #112.
- SHG receives its 70th Eurocopter
- New Helicopter Base in Valdosta Aimed at Saving Lives
- Sky Tech joins Turbomeca Certified Maintenance Center Network
- RSG delivers newly completed AS350B3e to Guatemala
- ANAC approves Dart’s full emergency litter kit for AS350/355
- 08-May-13 Eurocopter AS350 Morro da Urca HP, Brazil
- 02-May-13 PP-EIH Eurocopter AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 02-May-13 N209LF Eurocopter EC130 Walnut Hill, US-Florida
- Regular sightseeing tours start in London
- Huntsville Hospital’s AS350 now carrying blood
- 30-Apr-13 C-FINX Eurocopter AS350BA Godbout, Canada
- Helibras selects Safran Engineering Services as system integrator
- 27-Apr-13 LN-OVO Eurocopter AS350B3 Roldal, Norway
- Metro Aviation delivers AS350 to EagleMed
- Nepal’s Fishtail Air adds an AS350B3+
- Brazil’s State of Pará orders two AS350B2
- Coast to Coast Helicopters adds two AS350B3e to Mustang fleet
- New AS350 for Castleview Hospital
- 09-Apr-13 C-GZBA Eurocopter AS350B3e Tenquille Lake, Canada
- 30-Mar-13 N911AA Eurocopter AS350B3 Talkeetna, US-Alaska (3F)