Helicopter Foundation International (HFI) is accepting applications for the 18 scholarships the organization awards to students in the helicopter industry. Interested students can go to www.helicopterfoundation.org and download an application for the scholarship of their choice.
HFI understands that as the costs of obtaining the necessary education to work in the rotorcraft industry continue to increase, fewer students seeking a career in the helicopter industry will financially be able to do so. HFI’s scholarship program can help ease that financial burden and ensure that today’s most dedicated students can realize their dream.
Don’t miss your chance to ease the burden of your education costs!
HFI offers four different types of scholarships. The Commercial Rating Helicopter Scholarship will be awarded to pilots who have their private license and are in the process of attaining their Commercial Rating. Up to four scholarships will be awarded. Second, HFI will be awarding the Maintenance Technician Certificate Scholarship to students who are studying to become maintenance technicians. Up to six scholarships will be awarded. Up to seven Bill Sanderson Scholarships will also be awarded for students in the maintenance technician field. Finally, the foundation will award the Michelle North Scholarship for Safety, a scholarship for pilots who have already attained their commercial rating and have shown an outstanding penchant for safe flying and practices.
Applicants must meet all necessary prerequisites and provide a completed application by Nov. 30, 2012 to be considered. Check the website for further details and make sure you are eligible to be selected! Send applications by email to [email protected] if possible, but if necessary they may be mailed to: 1635 Prince Street, Alexandria, VA 22314.
HFI believes that helicopters will play an ever-increasing role in our society, and we are greatly looking forward to being able to help those who have begun their path toward a rewarding career in the rotorcraft industry. But remember, we won’t be able to help unless we get your application!
- FAA issues Advisory Circular on Reporting Wildlife Aircraft Strikes
- New E-HOTS support partnership consortium
- VNH South recognised for flight hour milestone as more EC225s arrive
- Heli-One secures multi-million-dollar PBH contract with NHV
- Eurocopter and Ramco partner for cloud-based helicopter maintenance software
- Helipartner Thailand orders 10 Eurocopter AS350B3e to lease out
- Eurocopter EC175 certification slips by six months to “early 2014″
- UK – MBE for AW101 Merlin pilot
- Budget pressures for Flagler County’s Fire Flight AS350
- NRC continues to search for low lead aviation fuel alternatives
- Cassidian’s obstacle warning system certified for NH90
- Selex ES HF communication systems get onboard V-22
- AW189 enters full scale production
- Astronics extends supply agreement with Rockwell Collins
- AAR Signs Partnering Agreement with Boeing to Support Royal Netherlands Air Force
- Ka-52 makes successful demonstration flight at Le Bourget
- Turbomeca extends certification of COHC as a Certified Maintenance Center
- Metro Aviation hosts first Turbomeca training class
- Arizona and Helicopter Industry to be Represented by John Stonecipher of Guidance Aviation
- Carson Helicopters cited for for exposing workers to chemical hazards