Helicopter Foundation International (HFI) is accepting applications for the 18 scholarships the organization awards to students in the helicopter industry. Interested students can go to www.helicopterfoundation.org and download an application for the scholarship of their choice.
HFI understands that as the costs of obtaining the necessary education to work in the rotorcraft industry continue to increase, fewer students seeking a career in the helicopter industry will financially be able to do so. HFI’s scholarship program can help ease that financial burden and ensure that today’s most dedicated students can realize their dream.
Don’t miss your chance to ease the burden of your education costs!
HFI offers four different types of scholarships. The Commercial Rating Helicopter Scholarship will be awarded to pilots who have their private license and are in the process of attaining their Commercial Rating. Up to four scholarships will be awarded. Second, HFI will be awarding the Maintenance Technician Certificate Scholarship to students who are studying to become maintenance technicians. Up to six scholarships will be awarded. Up to seven Bill Sanderson Scholarships will also be awarded for students in the maintenance technician field. Finally, the foundation will award the Michelle North Scholarship for Safety, a scholarship for pilots who have already attained their commercial rating and have shown an outstanding penchant for safe flying and practices.
Applicants must meet all necessary prerequisites and provide a completed application by Nov. 30, 2012 to be considered. Check the website for further details and make sure you are eligible to be selected! Send applications by email to [email protected] if possible, but if necessary they may be mailed to: 1635 Prince Street, Alexandria, VA 22314.
HFI believes that helicopters will play an ever-increasing role in our society, and we are greatly looking forward to being able to help those who have begun their path toward a rewarding career in the rotorcraft industry. But remember, we won’t be able to help unless we get your application!
- R66 lands at North Pole
- Nine new customers in China for Enstrom
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- CAE upgrades visuals on Royal Navy Lynx Mk8 full-mission simulator
- Keystone Med-Flight Announces New VP of Operations
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Enstrom breaks ground on production plant expansion
- Bell promotes innovation at AHS Forum 69
- HAI at AHS Forum 69
- Court rejects helicopter haze injunction
- Rivalry develops in air ambulance service
- Castleberry Instruments & Avionics Relocates for Growth
- Keystone Turbine Services Honeywell-approved for P&WC PT6 Series Accessory Support
- EBACE – Heli Asset places first Eurocopter EC155B1 into Switzerland
- EBACE – Corporate EC175 features dimmable windows and cabin partitions
- EBACE – JSSI reaches 10,000th Asset Milestone
- EBACE – Eurocopter launches EC175 with VIP/executive interior
- NZ heliski firm fined $6,000
- Vector Aerospace showcases GEMS engine management program at EBACE