Heli-One, the worldâ€™s largest independent provider of helicopter maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) announces the recent signing of an agreement to integrate upgraded communications equipment on the Slovenian National Policeâ€™s Eurocopter EC135 helicopter.
Specifically, the contract calls for the installation of a Tetra radio. The Tetra product is a private mobile communications system that can be retro-fitted into a helicopter for use in police, air ambulance and aerial fire services operations that offers increased flexibility, security and ease of use. The Tetra system integration will be performed by avionics systems specialists from Heli-Oneâ€™s Stavanger, Norway MRO operation.Â The project is 80% funded by the EU Special Transit Scheme programme under external border protection funding.
Larry Alexandre, President of Heli-One explains that the Slovenian Police contract is highly significant for Heli-One, as the company focuses on expanding its market share in the highly-competitive Airborne Law Enforcement and Emergency Medical Service markets. The contract represents the third helicopter to be upgraded by Heli-One under the full or part funding programme for the EU border protection
â€œWe are proud to have been selected by the Slovenian Police to carry out the EC135 communications system upgrade. Over the past several years; Heli-one has been increasingly performing MRO work for police aviation wings; both in North America and Overseas. Due to our extensive experience with defense and security, police and emergency medical aerial operators, we understand of the necessity for best-in-class MRO services that help ensure safety and reliability, and we have the knowledge, skills and global support network to deliver those specialized services. Operators such as the Slovenian Police require the best MRO support available, and its Heli-Oneâ€™s goal to ensure they have it.â€
Alexandre further elaborates that his company will continue to actively expand into these markets, and his senior management team is actively assessing next steps to ensure Heli-One remains at the forefront of MRO suppliers to police, air ambulance and defence sector operators around the globe; supported from its internationally located bases of operations.
The Eurocopter EC135 is a twin-engine civil helicopter produced by Eurocopter and incorporates a Fenestron tail rotor system. The helicopter is a popular choice among police aviation wings and air ambulance services, as well being used for executive transport.
- Heli-One holds an extensive portfolio of helicopter MRO services including: Engines: Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6T – Turbomeca Arriel 1 & Arriel 2 / Makila 1 – General Electric T58 / CT58
- Major Dynamic Components
- Airframes and Major Inspections (various Sikorsky, Eurocopter, AgustaWestland and Bell models)
- Comprehensive Avionics support
Heli-One is headquartered in Delta, British Columbia, Canada; with maintenance, repair and overhaul facilities in Delta – British Columbia, Canada; Stavanger – Rogaland,Â Norway; Fort Collins- Colorado, USA and RzeszÃ³w – Podkarpackie, Poland.
- Babcock wins wind farm support work from Siemens
- UK wind farm operator centralises helicopter and vessel monitoring
- Hawaii Life Flight EC135 forced to move away from hospital helipad
- REACH opens new base on the Viejas Reservation
- FAA approves Heli-One repair station in Poland
- Helisota adds Airbus Helicopters to its EASA Part 145 capabilities
- Scotland Charity Air Ambulance reports on 1,000th mission
- Spain – Galicia air ambulance flying hours cut
- Thames Valley and Hampshire IOW Air Ambulances start night flights
- Austrian EMS operator receives first H135
- RUAG upgrades EC135 for Geneva University Hospital
- DRF completes sale and leaseback of two EC135s with Waypoint
- ADAC marks 130,000 hours with IBF-fitted PW206 engines
- Wales Air Ambulance pays tribute to former chairman as it moves into new HQ
- Turbomeca Arrius will power new DRF H135 fleet
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Advanced Response Team orders an H135
- 25-Feb-16 D-HVBB Eurocopter EC135T2+ Bimöhlen, Germany (2F)
- First H135 upgrade completed by customer
- ETMC Air 1 marks 30 years of flying
- UK Police evolves as two more bases close as planned