Heli-One, the worldâ€™s largest independent provider of helicopter maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) announces the recent signing of an agreement to integrate upgraded communications equipment on the Slovenian National Policeâ€™s Eurocopter EC135 helicopter.
Specifically, the contract calls for the installation of a Tetra radio. The Tetra product is a private mobile communications system that can be retro-fitted into a helicopter for use in police, air ambulance and aerial fire services operations that offers increased flexibility, security and ease of use. The Tetra system integration will be performed by avionics systems specialists from Heli-Oneâ€™s Stavanger, Norway MRO operation.Â The project is 80% funded by the EU Special Transit Scheme programme under external border protection funding.
Larry Alexandre, President of Heli-One explains that the Slovenian Police contract is highly significant for Heli-One, as the company focuses on expanding its market share in the highly-competitive Airborne Law Enforcement and Emergency Medical Service markets. The contract represents the third helicopter to be upgraded by Heli-One under the full or part funding programme for the EU border protection
â€œWe are proud to have been selected by the Slovenian Police to carry out the EC135 communications system upgrade. Over the past several years; Heli-one has been increasingly performing MRO work for police aviation wings; both in North America and Overseas. Due to our extensive experience with defense and security, police and emergency medical aerial operators, we understand of the necessity for best-in-class MRO services that help ensure safety and reliability, and we have the knowledge, skills and global support network to deliver those specialized services. Operators such as the Slovenian Police require the best MRO support available, and its Heli-Oneâ€™s goal to ensure they have it.â€
Alexandre further elaborates that his company will continue to actively expand into these markets, and his senior management team is actively assessing next steps to ensure Heli-One remains at the forefront of MRO suppliers to police, air ambulance and defence sector operators around the globe; supported from its internationally located bases of operations.
The Eurocopter EC135 is a twin-engine civil helicopter produced by Eurocopter and incorporates a Fenestron tail rotor system. The helicopter is a popular choice among police aviation wings and air ambulance services, as well being used for executive transport.
- Heli-One holds an extensive portfolio of helicopter MRO services including: Engines: Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6T – Turbomeca Arriel 1 & Arriel 2 / Makila 1 – General Electric T58 / CT58
- Major Dynamic Components
- Airframes and Major Inspections (various Sikorsky, Eurocopter, AgustaWestland and Bell models)
- Comprehensive Avionics support
Heli-One is headquartered in Delta, British Columbia, Canada; with maintenance, repair and overhaul facilities in Delta – British Columbia, Canada; Stavanger – Rogaland,Â Norway; Fort Collins- Colorado, USA and RzeszÃ³w – Podkarpackie, Poland.
- Australian military marks first EC135 Flight
- Airbus taking H130 and H135 to AMTC Conference
- Air Ambulance Northern Ireland to launch with two EC135s
- Airbus takes first Latin American H135 upgrade on demo tour
- Argentina certifies simulators at Helicopter Flight Training Center
- Tohoku Air Service becomes first H135 operator in Japan
- Wales Air Ambulance invests in two high-tech incubators
- First British H135 military training helicopter takes to the skies
- Coptersafety orders five new Full Flight Simulators
- Pratt and Whitney Canada congratulates Airbus on 20 years of EC135
- FlightSafety to offer NVG training on simulators
- UK military picks Safran Turbomeca engines for EC135 training fleet
- EASA STC for Thommen searchlight on Airbus H135 imminent
- Metro Aviation completes first two H135s in USA
- CAE confirms sale and details of seven FTDs for UK
- Wales Air Ambulance to add fourth EC135
- Carabineros de Chile to receive H135
- Wales Air Ambulance moves into new HQ
- Singing River and Ochsner bring EMS EC135 to Gulf Coast
- DRF changes supplier for H135 EMS interiors