Heli-One, the worldâ€™s largest independent provider of helicopter maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) announces the recent signing of an agreement to integrate upgraded communications equipment on the Slovenian National Policeâ€™s Eurocopter EC135 helicopter.
Specifically, the contract calls for the installation of a Tetra radio. The Tetra product is a private mobile communications system that can be retro-fitted into a helicopter for use in police, air ambulance and aerial fire services operations that offers increased flexibility, security and ease of use. The Tetra system integration will be performed by avionics systems specialists from Heli-Oneâ€™s Stavanger, Norway MRO operation.Â The project is 80% funded by the EU Special Transit Scheme programme under external border protection funding.
Larry Alexandre, President of Heli-One explains that the Slovenian Police contract is highly significant for Heli-One, as the company focuses on expanding its market share in the highly-competitive Airborne Law Enforcement and Emergency Medical Service markets. The contract represents the third helicopter to be upgraded by Heli-One under the full or part funding programme for the EU border protection
â€œWe are proud to have been selected by the Slovenian Police to carry out the EC135 communications system upgrade. Over the past several years; Heli-one has been increasingly performing MRO work for police aviation wings; both in North America and Overseas. Due to our extensive experience with defense and security, police and emergency medical aerial operators, we understand of the necessity for best-in-class MRO services that help ensure safety and reliability, and we have the knowledge, skills and global support network to deliver those specialized services. Operators such as the Slovenian Police require the best MRO support available, and its Heli-Oneâ€™s goal to ensure they have it.â€
Alexandre further elaborates that his company will continue to actively expand into these markets, and his senior management team is actively assessing next steps to ensure Heli-One remains at the forefront of MRO suppliers to police, air ambulance and defence sector operators around the globe; supported from its internationally located bases of operations.
The Eurocopter EC135 is a twin-engine civil helicopter produced by Eurocopter and incorporates a Fenestron tail rotor system. The helicopter is a popular choice among police aviation wings and air ambulance services, as well being used for executive transport.
- Heli-One holds an extensive portfolio of helicopter MRO services including: Engines: Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6T – Turbomeca Arriel 1 & Arriel 2 / Makila 1 – General Electric T58 / CT58
- Major Dynamic Components
- Airframes and Major Inspections (various Sikorsky, Eurocopter, AgustaWestland and Bell models)
- Comprehensive Avionics support
Heli-One is headquartered in Delta, British Columbia, Canada; with maintenance, repair and overhaul facilities in Delta – British Columbia, Canada; Stavanger – Rogaland,Â Norway; Fort Collins- Colorado, USA and RzeszÃ³w – Podkarpackie, Poland.
Heli-One upgrades EC135 for Slovenian National Police
- Wales Air Ambulance launches £500K hangar fundraising push
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance opens upgraded base and training facility
- Why Ontario Provincial Police is Centralizing Helicopter Maintenance
- Ontario Provincial Police to consolidate maintenance and extend flying hours
- Nova Systems buys Airbus H135 to enhance its Flight Test capability
- Uber brings helicopter rental service to Shanghai and Hangzhou
- Metro Aviation delivers H135 to Northwest MedStar
- First test landing at new Southern General Hospital helipad in Glasgow
- Aerial Power Lines orders two H135s from Airbus Helicopters
- Norsk luftambulanse orders three Airbus Helicopters H135s
- Metro Aviation delivers Sweet Sixteen refurbishment to First Flight
- Aerometals completes purchase of FDC/aerofilters, Announces Name Change
- Aviation Specialties Unlimited / HeliAir Obtain EC135 EASA STC
- Flightsafety And Air Methods To Significantly Enhance Training For Single-Engine Helicopters with Level D Qualified Simulators
- EASA approves VIH Aerospace EC135 bubble window
- PARIS TN: Hospital picks Vanderbilt for air ambulance
- 26-Feb-15 N834CS Airbus EC13P2e Vacaville, US-California
- Airbus Helicopters drops PW210E engine option for X4
- Indra to supply EC135 simulator to Spanish Army in €14.4m contract
- Management buy PDG Helicopters for £20M+