Heli-One, the worldâ€™s largest independent provider of helicopter maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) announces the recent signing of an agreement to integrate upgraded communications equipment on the Slovenian National Policeâ€™s Eurocopter EC135 helicopter.
Specifically, the contract calls for the installation of a Tetra radio. The Tetra product is a private mobile communications system that can be retro-fitted into a helicopter for use in police, air ambulance and aerial fire services operations that offers increased flexibility, security and ease of use. The Tetra system integration will be performed by avionics systems specialists from Heli-Oneâ€™s Stavanger, Norway MRO operation.Â The project is 80% funded by the EU Special Transit Scheme programme under external border protection funding.
Larry Alexandre, President of Heli-One explains that the Slovenian Police contract is highly significant for Heli-One, as the company focuses on expanding its market share in the highly-competitive Airborne Law Enforcement and Emergency Medical Service markets. The contract represents the third helicopter to be upgraded by Heli-One under the full or part funding programme for the EU border protection
â€œWe are proud to have been selected by the Slovenian Police to carry out the EC135 communications system upgrade. Over the past several years; Heli-one has been increasingly performing MRO work for police aviation wings; both in North America and Overseas. Due to our extensive experience with defense and security, police and emergency medical aerial operators, we understand of the necessity for best-in-class MRO services that help ensure safety and reliability, and we have the knowledge, skills and global support network to deliver those specialized services. Operators such as the Slovenian Police require the best MRO support available, and its Heli-Oneâ€™s goal to ensure they have it.â€
Alexandre further elaborates that his company will continue to actively expand into these markets, and his senior management team is actively assessing next steps to ensure Heli-One remains at the forefront of MRO suppliers to police, air ambulance and defence sector operators around the globe; supported from its internationally located bases of operations.
The Eurocopter EC135 is a twin-engine civil helicopter produced by Eurocopter and incorporates a Fenestron tail rotor system. The helicopter is a popular choice among police aviation wings and air ambulance services, as well being used for executive transport.
- Heli-One holds an extensive portfolio of helicopter MRO services including: Engines: Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6T – Turbomeca Arriel 1 & Arriel 2 / Makila 1 – General Electric T58 / CT58
- Major Dynamic Components
- Airframes and Major Inspections (various Sikorsky, Eurocopter, AgustaWestland and Bell models)
- Comprehensive Avionics support
Heli-One is headquartered in Delta, British Columbia, Canada; with maintenance, repair and overhaul facilities in Delta – British Columbia, Canada; Stavanger – Rogaland,Â Norway; Fort Collins- Colorado, USA and RzeszÃ³w – Podkarpackie, Poland.
- 04-Jun-17 OE-BXY Airbus EC135 Hochsteiermark, Austria (2F)
- 25-May-17 N62UP Airbus EC135 New Castle, US-Delaware (1F)
- 27-May-17 N914ET Airbus EC135 Tyler, US-Texas
- New Helicopter for Baylor Scott and White
- Minister for Health approves EC135 for Air Ambulance Northern Ireland
- First Australian EC135 goes live on military training contract
- SEA supplies Helicopter Simulator technology to Air Ambulance Sector
- DHART Welcomes New Helicopter
- Second Irish Base for Air Ambulance Northern Ireland
- STAT Medevac Selects SKYTRAC for HAA-Compliant Flight Data Monitoring
- Maxcraft Receives STC for Garmin in Airbus Helicopters EC-135
- Milestone places €200 million firm order with Airbus Helicopters for H135, H145 and H175
- Airbus and Precise Flight Announce Expanded STC Approvals for the Pulselite(R) Bird Strike Prevention System
- Airbus releases 2016 production numbers
- Vector Aerospace expands FAA-approved ADS-B STC upgrade
- FAA Proposes Civil Penalty Against Air Methods
- Ecocopter Takes Delivery of Frasca EC135 Simulator
- WAA carries out first baby transfer in new incubator
- Airbus celebrates 20 year of the H135
- Airborne Technologies to upgrade Slovenian Police EC135