Heli-One, the worldâ€™s largest independent provider of helicopter maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) announces the recent signing of an agreement to integrate upgraded communications equipment on the Slovenian National Policeâ€™s Eurocopter EC135 helicopter.
Specifically, the contract calls for the installation of a Tetra radio. The Tetra product is a private mobile communications system that can be retro-fitted into a helicopter for use in police, air ambulance and aerial fire services operations that offers increased flexibility, security and ease of use. The Tetra system integration will be performed by avionics systems specialists from Heli-Oneâ€™s Stavanger, Norway MRO operation.Â The project is 80% funded by the EU Special Transit Scheme programme under external border protection funding.
Larry Alexandre, President of Heli-One explains that the Slovenian Police contract is highly significant for Heli-One, as the company focuses on expanding its market share in the highly-competitive Airborne Law Enforcement and Emergency Medical Service markets. The contract represents the third helicopter to be upgraded by Heli-One under the full or part funding programme for the EU border protection
â€œWe are proud to have been selected by the Slovenian Police to carry out the EC135 communications system upgrade. Over the past several years; Heli-one has been increasingly performing MRO work for police aviation wings; both in North America and Overseas. Due to our extensive experience with defense and security, police and emergency medical aerial operators, we understand of the necessity for best-in-class MRO services that help ensure safety and reliability, and we have the knowledge, skills and global support network to deliver those specialized services. Operators such as the Slovenian Police require the best MRO support available, and its Heli-Oneâ€™s goal to ensure they have it.â€
Alexandre further elaborates that his company will continue to actively expand into these markets, and his senior management team is actively assessing next steps to ensure Heli-One remains at the forefront of MRO suppliers to police, air ambulance and defence sector operators around the globe; supported from its internationally located bases of operations.
The Eurocopter EC135 is a twin-engine civil helicopter produced by Eurocopter and incorporates a Fenestron tail rotor system. The helicopter is a popular choice among police aviation wings and air ambulance services, as well being used for executive transport.
- Heli-One holds an extensive portfolio of helicopter MRO services including: Engines: Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6T – Turbomeca Arriel 1 & Arriel 2 / Makila 1 – General Electric T58 / CT58
- Major Dynamic Components
- Airframes and Major Inspections (various Sikorsky, Eurocopter, AgustaWestland and Bell models)
- Comprehensive Avionics support
Heli-One is headquartered in Delta, British Columbia, Canada; with maintenance, repair and overhaul facilities in Delta – British Columbia, Canada; Stavanger – Rogaland,Â Norway; Fort Collins- Colorado, USA and RzeszÃ³w – Podkarpackie, Poland.
- Dyfed-Powys Police helicopter to stay in the sky
- Boeing to Train Australian Army and Navy Helicopter Pilots for Next 25 Years
- Bond chooses Britannia 2000 CAMC for NPAS EC135s
- Western Power Distribution Selects EC135P2e
- Aiut Alpin Dolomites receives first EC135 T3/P3
- Metro delivers its 200th EC135 completion
- Head-on collision is 20,000th mission for Wales Air Ambulance
- New training system for ADF helicopter crews
- Airbus Helicopters’ EC135 T3/P3 Receives EASA Certification
- Great Western Air Ambulance upgrades to EC135
- Airbus to move helicopter production from Germany to France?
- Airbus Helicopters delivers China’s first fully-equipped air ambulance
- CarteNav to provide intuitive AIMS mission system software for UK National Police Air Service
- Wales Air Ambulance gets Government commitment for doctors on all flights
- PDG Helicopters wins combined British/Irish lighthouse support contract
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance to upgrade to night-capable EC135T3
- East Anglian Air Ambulance supports British Medical Journal research
- JSSI covers Blackcomb Aviation EC135T2e Engines
- Metro Aviation closer to HeliSAS STC for EC135
- Metro Aviation Delivers EC135 to Life Air Rescue