AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce that the Royal Thai Army has signed a contract for two AW139 twin-engine helicopters. These aircraft will be delivered in 2014 to perform transport and utility missions across the nation. The contract, which also includes a comprehensive maintenance and training package, marks the entrance of the AW139 into Thailand’s military helicopter market and further expands the success of the type in the country.
Vincenzo Alaimo, Head of Region, AgustaWestland, said “It gives us great pleasure to sign this contract with the Royal Thai Army to support their transport requirements. We are confident this model, thanks to its unmatched performance, comfort and safety, has significant potential in Thailand in the future.” The Royal Thai Army adds to a growing number of military customers that have ordered or are already operating the AW139 for a wide range of roles including VVIP and government transport, utility, search and rescue, emergency medical service and homeland security. The armed forces of Ireland, Qatar, UAE, Italy and Egypt are just some of those operating the AW139 today.
The AW139 delivers best-in-class performance with a cruise speed of 165 knots (306 kph), a range in excess of 500 nm (927 km), endurance of 5 hours and superior hover performance. It also has the largest cabin in its class which can accommodate up to 15 passengers. The unobstructed cabin design allows maximum flexibility for different seating configurations and the transport of equipment. The baggage compartment, provides a massive 3.4 cubic metres (120 cubic feet) of storage which is easily accessible from both the cabin and outside the helicopter. The AW139 is the world’s best selling helicopter in its class and the only new generation aircraft in its class in service today. Over 500 AW139s are now in service worldwide. Almost 170 customers from more than 50 countries have ordered nearly 650 AW139 helicopters so far.
- The MD 530G Demonstrates Extreme Firepower And Advanced Weapons Systems Capabilities
- AAR Airlift to Obtain Critical Engine & Component Support from Heli-One
- Night Vision Awards Presents Mark of Excellence Award and NIGHTCON Lifetime Achievement Awards
- Register Update – USA – week to 17 August 2014
- Nigerian Air Force acquiring two AW101 helicopters
- Mississippi DPS selects Cloud Cap Technology TASE 400HD for AS350B3e
- Spokane Sheriff expanding Air 1 program
- Excellence in Avionics Awards Have Launched
- First of Australia’s Landing Helicopter Dock starts final sea trials
- All Metal Announces The As350 Canopy for Aircraft Maintanance
- Gracetown joyflight helicopter vandalised
- Vietnam southern hub wants to have helipad at headquarters
- The Bell 525 Relentless Fly-by-Wire Technology Sets the New Standard in Commercial Helicopter Control
- L-3 Vertex awarded $13M modification to TH-57 support contract
- Poland says to speed up attack helicopter purchase due to Ukraine crisis
- Budgets, Not Tech, May Delay US Army’s Next Rotorcraft
- UK – Helipad upgrade at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital welcomed
- Australia – Mannum hospital helipad plans unclear
- Huey Helicopter Museum opens in Australia
- Basta Holdings and Heliflight Peru signs LOI for leasing JV