AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce that the Royal Thai Army has signed a contract for two AW139 twin-engine helicopters. These aircraft will be delivered in 2014 to perform transport and utility missions across the nation. The contract, which also includes a comprehensive maintenance and training package, marks the entrance of the AW139 into Thailand’s military helicopter market and further expands the success of the type in the country.
Vincenzo Alaimo, Head of Region, AgustaWestland, said “It gives us great pleasure to sign this contract with the Royal Thai Army to support their transport requirements. We are confident this model, thanks to its unmatched performance, comfort and safety, has significant potential in Thailand in the future.” The Royal Thai Army adds to a growing number of military customers that have ordered or are already operating the AW139 for a wide range of roles including VVIP and government transport, utility, search and rescue, emergency medical service and homeland security. The armed forces of Ireland, Qatar, UAE, Italy and Egypt are just some of those operating the AW139 today.
The AW139 delivers best-in-class performance with a cruise speed of 165 knots (306 kph), a range in excess of 500 nm (927 km), endurance of 5 hours and superior hover performance. It also has the largest cabin in its class which can accommodate up to 15 passengers. The unobstructed cabin design allows maximum flexibility for different seating configurations and the transport of equipment. The baggage compartment, provides a massive 3.4 cubic metres (120 cubic feet) of storage which is easily accessible from both the cabin and outside the helicopter. The AW139 is the world’s best selling helicopter in its class and the only new generation aircraft in its class in service today. Over 500 AW139s are now in service worldwide. Almost 170 customers from more than 50 countries have ordered nearly 650 AW139 helicopters so far.
- Michigan State Police requests budget for a Bell 407
- New commander appointed for NY Army National Guard
- Burj Al Arab to offer helipad weddings, 212 metres above Arabian Gulf
- Bell 429 enters service with Scandinavian MediCopter
- Xinjang Tianyun General Aviation orders Bell 407GX
- AHS International Announces New Board Members
- AgustaWestland signs up distributor for Morocco
- Helibras participates in the 21th edition of Agrishow
- Cadorath Group Welcomes New Business Development Leader
- Era Group announces FY2014 Q1 Earnings Release Call
- Conklin & de Decker Release ACE 2014 Volume I
- Helibras delivers 10th and 11th EC725s
- HAI to help host Myanmar Helicopter Safety Seminar
- Saudi Aramco signs for another AW139
- FlightSafety announces Courseware Support Director
- Northern Vietnam Helicopter Co partners in new tourism venture
- Bristow announces FY2014 earnings release and concall schedule
- RSG Aviation Provides Maintenance & Fleet Support to New Local Start-Up Company
- RSG Products Utilizes Laser Printed Parts on Air Condition Kits
- Bell obtains FAA STC for 407 polycarbonate windshield