Appearing at Airshow China – to be held November 13-18 in the Zhuhai Airport Exposition Center – are two Chinese-registered Eurocopter rotorcraft in the Squirrel product line: an AS350 B3 flown in charter service by the CITIC General Aviation Co., Ltd.; and an EC130 B4 configured by ZOECO for VIP transportation.
Included on the Airshow China display stand of Eurocopter parent company EADS (Hall 1, Booth no. 10) will be scale models of the EC135, EC155 and EC225 helicopters, which highlight the company’s product line diversity to meet the varied needs of Chinese civil operators, emergency medical service providers and law enforcement agencies.
“China is a rapidly-developing market, and Eurocopter is capable of meeting the country’s full range of mission requirements with a modern, and evolving, helicopter product line,” said Norbert Ducrot, Eurocopter’s Senior Executive Vice President for Asia Pacific. “Our leading position in this important market comes as a result of not just our extensive product range, but also decades of investment and collaboration programs, as well as the expansion of our local support and services network.”
CITIC’s AS350 B3 displayed at Airshow China illustrates Eurocopter’s Squirrel success in China, where this helicopter family is used for utility and aerial work, including in high-altitude conditions of over 5,000m. More than 30 Squirrels are currently flying in the country as multi-role workhorse rotorcraft, demonstrating their versatility required by customers in China.
The EC130 B4 Squirrel variant to be presented at Zhuhai represents Eurocopter’s partnership with ZOECO in helicopter interior customization, responding to a growing demand for VIP and corporate travel in China.
“With the versatility and reliability of the Squirrel proven around the world, Chinese customers are also seeing it as a helicopter of choice for their varied missions,” said Eurocopter China CEO Bruno Boulnois. “The Squirrel has become the most popular turbine helicopter in the country for commercial and training use in recent years. To cater to the rapid growth of the Squirrel fleet, we have developed the full suite of support and services offerings for this range in China.”
Building on the Squirrel’s popularity, Eurocopter is now able to provide Type Rating Training for this helicopter series in China, along with the capability to repair mechanical parts and rotor blades – enhancing the overall in-country support and services capabilities for the company’s products.
Also in China, the Eurocopter EC135 has become a helicopter of reference for operations that include emergency medical services with the Honliv Group, law enforcement with the Wuhan Police, as well as in passenger/VIP flights.
The Dolphin family of rotorcraft represents a worldwide standard for search and rescue (SAR) duties, and is being offered by Eurocopter for the China Ministry of Transport’s acquisition of SAR helicopters.
About Eurocopter China (www.eurocopter-china.com)
Created in December 2006, Eurocopter China is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Eurocopter Group, responsible for sales and customer support activities for the company’s entire range of products. In China, Eurocopter China covers a market share of 40%. With 45 years of presence and over 30 years of experience in industrial cooperation in China, around 180 Eurocopter helicopters have been sold in the country. In order to provide quality service in proximity to Chinese operators, Eurocopter China has established a multi-based organization in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Harbin, Chengdu, Wuhan and Hong Kong staffed with around 65 employees.
About Eurocopter (www.eurocopter.com)
Established in 1992, the Franco-German-Spanish Eurocopter Group is a division of EADS, a world leader in aerospace and defense-related services. The Eurocopter Group employs approximately 20,000 people. In 2011, Eurocopter confirmed its position as the world’s number one helicopter manufacturer with a turnover of 5.4 billion Euros, orders for 457 new helicopters and a 43 percent market share in the civil and parapublic sectors. Overall, the Group’s helicopters account for 33 percent of the worldwide civil and parapublic fleet. Eurocopter’s strong international presence is ensured by its subsidiaries and participations in 21 countries. Eurocopter’s worldwide network of service centers, training facilities, distributors and certified agents supports some 2,900 customers. There currently are more than 11,300 Eurocopter helicopters in service in 149 countries. Eurocopter offers the most comprehensive civil and military helicopter range in the world and is fully committed to safety as the most important aspect of its business.
- 09-Dec-13 Eurocopter AS350B3 Uzhur, Russia
- Canada – Fatal June 2012 AS350 crash blamed on inadvertent IMC
- 04-Dec-13 F-GKMP Eurocopter AS350B3 Massif du Grand-Arc, France
- Australian Helicopters wins its first firefighting contract
- 02-Dec-13 Eurocopter AS350 Amery Ice Shelf, Antartica
- Eurocopter Canada delivers EC130 to Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources
- AMMROC secures contract to overhaul UAE military Eurocopter AS350s
- Air Methods moves AS350 from Cross City to Bronson
- Long Beach police get $10,000 fuel donation
- EASA approves AKV ETM1000 Exceedence and Data Trending System
- Pilot’s widow files suit in crash of Blue Hawaiian EC130
- Eurocopter showcases EC175, EC145T2 and AS350B3 at Dubai Air Show 2013
- 12-Nov-13 F-HTOM Eurocopter AS350B3 Serre Chevalier, France (2F)
- Yellowhead Helicopters buy Eurocopter AS350B3e for heli-skiing
- 05-Nov-13 Eurocopter AS350B3 Roma, US-Texas
- Vector Aerospace and Era Helicopters Sign 5 year support contract for S76 and AS350 fleets
- Air Methods holds ribbon cutting ceremony in Conway
- 29-Oct-13 N985EW Eurocopter AS350B3 Kona, US-Hawaii
- 28-Oct-13 ZK-HAE Eurocopter AS350B2 Tyndall Glacier, New Zealand
- 28-Oct-13 ZK-IMJ Eurocopter AS350B2 Tyndall Glacier, New Zealand